retiring jersey's

martysbetter30

now that brylin is not with us it has brought up some thought if we should retire his number.. but who else do you think might get their number to the rafters? niedermayer is definitely a possibility considering he said this will be his last season.. maybe elias? brodeur is an obvious choice.. any other to consider?

Edited by martysbetter30

You can't determine a retiree's eligibility for number retirement until they're retired. The only Devil that is a lock right now is Brodeur.

Brylin's career is not over, his career with us is not over, all that's happened is that we haven't picked up his contract extension. He could still re-sign with us or sign with another team. But as of right now, no one else on the team (Elias, Madden, Langenbrunner, etc.) have done anything worthy of number retirement right now.

Niedermayer, that's a tough call, and one for Lou to make.

You can't determine a retiree's eligibility for number retirement until they're retired. The only Devil that is a lock right now is Brodeur.

Brylin's career is not over, his career with us is not over, all that's happened is that we haven't picked up his contract extension. He could still re-sign with us or sign with another team. But as of right now, no one else on the team (Elias, Madden, Langenbrunner, etc.) have done anything worthy of number retirement right now.

Niedermayer, that's a tough call, and one for Lou to make.

This never ceases to amaze me that to this day some people STILL don't appreciate what Elias has done, if it wasn't for Elias, we don't win the cup in 2000.

IMO Elias gets his # retired easily ( if he finishes his career in NJ)

Langs and Madden haven't been around long enough/done enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Patty, but if Mad dog continues like he is and finishes in NJ, then yes.

Brylin most certainly gets his # in the rafters after what he's done for NJ, geez, if they put Dano's # up there for being a mediocre defenseman then #18 and #26 most certainly will go up. ( hell, you could make a case for Colin white in the case for Dano)

Neidermayer, no way, he left.

Johnny Mac isn't worthy for several reasons, he left, he didn't do anything of REAL significance for NJ, unlike Patty.

Of course Marty is a no-brainer.

I posted a topic about Brylin and wondering if his number should be retired or not around a week ago.

Most of the people here don't believe he should. For some un-godly reason.. And they didn't want to be like the rangers and retire numbers.. yadda yadda yadda...

I think Brylin should get his number retired, or atleast have the decency to keep #18 out of circulation for 5-6 seasons... He has done everything that was ever asked of him for this franchise.

Here is the link.. 5 pages of comments...

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37478

Edited by Jdub

First, I'm really glad to see more new blood coming to this site. Its great!!! :dance:

No offense to any of the new people posting here, but I just wish more of them would read a bit before starting a new thread.

Not only is it good forum etiquette, but it also helps from startintg a thread that is identicle to others that were up last week and went five pages long.

Otherwise we go in circles discussing the same thing.

OK - bitchfest over now....

Keep Posting!!!

The order of retiring numbers should be,

Neids (Lou already said so)

I don't really think "Lou already said so" holds much water, the way I read that article was that it was more Lou being Lou, not saying anything while saying something. I don't think Neids gets his number retired, at least not for a while. As long as Lou's in charge, I really think that the number retirement is an ultimate honor, worthy only of Stevens, Danyeko, and Brodeur.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Sarge's number in the rafters, but I think we're a few years from having to think about it anyway.

First, I'm really glad to see more new blood coming to this site. Its great!!! :dance:

No offense to any of the new people posting here, but I just wish more of them would read a bit before starting a new thread.

Not only is it good forum etiquette, but it also helps from startintg a thread that is identicle to others that were up last week and went five pages long.

Otherwise we go in circles discussing the same thing.

OK - bitchfest over now....

Keep Posting!!!

You beat me to it and well put. Thank you.

Brylin was already discussed a million times..

Brodeur - definitely.. this team should just rename themselves the "New Jersey Brodeur's" after he retires.. or at least dedicate a part of the arena or something to him.. idk

Niedermayer - no

Elias - yes if he finishes his career in NJ.. i wouldnt mind his # going up, as long as he finishes as a loyal Devil

I wont believe to I actually see it.. you never can fully trust online articles.

isn't that where it had his quote that he would retire 27?

no he said it live on tv. people who hold a grudge against scott are fooking idiots you being one of them.

Edited by Beetlebum