are you satisfied with the team?

ilovepancakes

i think we have a great team, great meaning at least top of our division. I dont believe we have enought to make the cup and i don't believe we will for another few years. UNLESS our top players actually play. what happened to elias? he used to be so good, i know he got hep, but still. Gionta did well in some games not most. Marty did great i wont sh!t talk him. pando was great. oduya was great even though most of this board hates him. white is done in my eyes. we have a great team its just doesnt flow at all. no one scored, marty was on the line all the time. i wish its as easy as it seems, but it just doesnt seem the players have heart for this team. If everyone of them gave 100% we could be on top once again. We have the best goalie and if you look at the roster its not bad. WHY do they play like crap? they need to step up watch miracle and start using their abilities which they have. if they had the heart and gave the effort i wouldnt even of wrote this.

i think we have a great team, great meaning at least top of our division. I dont believe we have enought to make the cup and i don't believe we will for another few years. UNLESS our top players actually play. what happened to elias? he used to be so good, i know he got hep, but still. Gionta did well in some games not most. Marty did great i wont sh!t talk him. pando was great. oduya was great even though most of this board hates him. white is done in my eyes. we have a great team its just doesnt flow at all. no one scored, marty was on the line all the time. i wish its as easy as it seems, but it just doesnt seem the players have heart for this team. If everyone of them gave 100% we could be on top once again. We have the best goalie and if you look at the roster its not bad. WHY do they play like crap? they need to step up watch miracle and start using their abilities which they have. if they had the heart and gave the effort i wouldnt even of wrote this.

The only chance this team has at the cup is Marty playing as well in the playoffs as he did in the regular season last year. As much as I disliked last year's team, if he played better in the playoffs they would've made it farther.

I'm mostly satisfied with the team. I think some holes were filled with the signings but they still need a top 4 d-man. If Marty can get some freggin rest for a change there is no reason why this team can't do better then last year. Either way it should be an interesting season.

I liked our additions. I was however, looking for that puck toting d-man that never materialized. I guess they think Andy Green or Martin will be just fine. We did improve our depth, & hopefully we'll find a diamond or two in the rough (Halischuk, Corrente, Bergfors, , Vrana) from training camp.

Ugghh - Here we go again I guess. :noclue:

Thread #257 about how the team will or won't compete less than 1 week after UFA day.

Can we get a different topic - or at least a different focused perspective point for the topic???

Its like we're going around in circles. (i.e. Why didn't we sign Raffy last year for that $$$?")

I mean, really, how many threads do we need to say the same stuff over again, either:

1.) Alls good - just need that puck-moving D

or

2.) Rolston and Holik - too many years - far too old

Well, have fun AGAIN for all of you that love the bitch-fest-type threads here.

Edited by DevilinLA

Ugghh - Here we go again I guess. :noclue:

Thread #257 about how the team will or won't compete less than 1 week after UFA day.

Can we get a different topic - or at least a different focused perspective point for the topic???

Its like we're going around in circles. (i.e. Why didn't we sign Raffy last year for that $$$?")

I mean, really, how many threads do we need to say the same stuff over again, either:

1.) Alls good - just need that puck-moving D

or

2.) Rolston and Holik - too many years - far too old

Well, have fun AGAIN for all of you that love the bitch-fest-type threads here.

i like you. your post was very positive and on topic. why dont you start a new GREAT topic that we can all enjoy?

i like you. your post was very positive and on topic. why dont you start a new GREAT topic that we can all enjoy?

See today's board page. (i.e. Ironman, Devils Trivia, etc.)

No offense man, it IS nice to have new people post.

Its just nice when we don't also have 6 threads about the same topic.

Its OK - you're not the first new person to make this mistake

:D

See today's board page. (i.e. Ironman, Devils Trivia, etc.)

No offense man, it IS nice to have new people post.

Its just nice when we don't also have 6 threads about the same topic.

Its OK - you're not the first new person to make this mistake

:D

goto the in n out by hollywood high and have a burger and relax. then goto the shop up the street right next to the world record shop and get a mug for 3 bucks. =)

goto the in n out by hollywood high and have a burger and relax. then goto the shop up the street right next to the world record shop and get a mug for 3 bucks. =)

Wow, you've been to the most touristy section of Hollywood...

I'm not going to continue jousting with you...and I don't want this to get personal...its silly.

All I'm politely suggesting, as I have to a few others during this slow off-season, is it's a good idea to read and see if your ideas fit into a pre-existing thread if its the same topic. It prevents redundancy - which irratates a lot of members here (who often won't be as polite in pointing this out).

Anyways, was just trying to help you. :noclue:

Done.

Going into the regular season, yes. This is a better team than we started with last year, and we'll have an easier start to the schedule. We will hopefully add a good defenceman and maybe a talented forward at the deadline which will at least give us a chance to win the East. Who are we scared of anyways? Philly and Pittsburgh will be tough, Montreal and the Rangers look good but beatable, and the rest? Meh.

HELL NO ..

That was well thought out and well prepared. I liked the way you backed up your opinion with facts and statistics. I was also impressed with your ability to explain the nuances of your position. Well done.

That was well thought out and well prepared. I liked the way you backed up your opinion with facts and statistics. I was also impressed with your ability to explain the nuances of your position. Well done.

youre getting tiring in your responses Don -- I already answered you in the last thread ~~~ dont like my opinion shove it up your ass -- hows that for prepared ? I dont like your pompous egotistical arrogant self rightous posts but I dont comment on all of them cause this is board which exchanges views and opinions ... but if you dont like mine ... again .. shove them up your ass and put me on ignore. Good day sir .. :boogie:

Welcomes to the board pancakes.

No I'm not that satisfied in the moves. I still think LL is gonna do something else though, so I'll wait before I make up my mind. Don't get me wrong, I think the Rolston signing was okay, but we were last in the league in offense. He'll help in scoring, but the team needs a puck moving d'man.

The Holik move made me yack in my mouth, then I spit it out... and yacked again.

We won't get shut out 11 times a year, I would like to see Lou do more, but I am more satisfied than last year. It wouldn't surprise me if we become the top penalty killing team in the league and score the most SHG and the signing of Rolston and Holik takes a lot of pressure of Madden, Pando, Gio and Patty from Killing penalties. Both could also work on the PP. Look for Lou to make a trade and add a D-Ma(e)n.