Sign in to follow this  
chrisg19

2008 Devils Draft Review @ Hockey Futures

Hockey Futures posted their recap of the Devils recent draft picks. Some good info on the lower round players. At least stuff I hadn't seen.

Surprisingly, the team did not draft a goaltender, despite the fact that with Jeff Frazee turning pro, the team now has zero goaltending prospects below the pro level of hockey. Of the Devils nine draft choices, there were three centers, three left wingers and three defensemen. All nine selections are left-handed shots. Seven of the Devils picks were Canadian, one was American and one was European.

2008 Devils Draft Review

Hockey Futures posted their recap of the Devils recent draft picks. Some good info on the lower round players. At least stuff I hadn't seen.

2008 Devils Draft Review

Tedenby sounds like a steal at 24! This reminds me of the time we drafted Parise I knew he was going to be good. I have the same feeling about this kid. I say by 2010 he will be in our line-up.

these kids all seem like they will fit into devils hockey really well. good drafting by nj, especially if at least 4 of these players live up to expectations

I guess it is less important to draft a goalie when you have the best goalie on the planet between the pipes 75 games a year

I still think we will sign a UFA goalie to be our starting goalie. Unless the kids an absolute stud, we can't really draft a goalie with a first rounder. Goalies develop later, and by the time you know what you got, they are gone (unless you gamble and commit early).

I still think we will sign a UFA goalie to be our starting goalie. Unless the kids an absolute stud, we can't really draft a goalie with a first rounder. Goalies develop later, and by the time you know what you got, they are gone (unless you gamble and commit early).

Agreed. Everyone wants us to waste picks on a goalie. Brodeur has at least 4 years left and by that time I am sure LOU will make a trade or sign an UFA goalie to start taking more games from Brodeur. Eventually when Brodeur leaves I see us having two capable goalies on this team. Brodeur is an unique exception. YOu will rarely see going forward goalies playing 8+ seasons of 70 games..

There will never be another Brodeur!