Brylin to Russia?

Elias 2662

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no surprise; Im sure alot of us expected him to either retire or play in a Russian league.. im just happy he went out as a Devil in the NHL.. great respect to Sarge.

Please Lou let his number at least be not used for a few years to show respect.

Not for nothing but it appears that Russia is taking all the defective players from the NHL this season that are no longer good for the NHL like Brylin and Jagr. Just weird but wish Brylin the best.

Jagr I think is still good enough for the NHL. The only reason he's not in the NHL is because he got a buttload of money to sign with Omsk.

I am going to miss Timex the most. I now have to figure out how to follow him back in Russia.

Best of luck Timex. Thanks for always giving 110% every game. ththbye.gifsad0049.gif

Looks like someone will be learning Russian and visiting .ru sites. ;)

Sergei Brylin=Devil's Hockey. Will miss your heart, grit, smarts and total dedication to the team-hope to see you back in the Devils organization

in a few years.

Follow the Sarge (Серге́й Влади́мирович Бры́лин) here:

(he's not listed on the roster yet)

http://hc-ska.ru/index.php?index=1919

Barry Smith former Red Wing Asst. is coach

some familiar names on the roster

Jamie Heward, Kasparitis, etc

Sergei Brylin=Devil's Hockey. Will miss your heart, grit, smarts and total dedication to the team-hope to see you back in the Devils organization

in a few years.

Follow the Sarge (Серге́й Влади́мирович Бры́лин) here:

(he's not listed on the roster yet)

http://hc-ska.ru/index.php?index=1919

Barry Smith former Red Wing Asst. is coach

some familiar names on the roster

Jamie Heward, Kasparitis, etc

I can't read that site. :evilcry:

When I click the link I get a page and there are no flags top left or anywhere. :( I am using IE7.

Do you see the big CKA logo on the left side of the page? Right underneath that (but above the red bar) there's a tiny UK flag with "eng" next to it. Click on that.

He is useless in the NHL now.

he is NOT useless. this is a totally wrong statement made by a Devils fan. Who is going to kill penalties now for us. Who is going to fill in very well, IF Elias or Parise gets injured..... Brylin will be missed. Most DEVILS FANS can see what he brought to the team and each game every year. Plays with more heart then we could ask for.... Wake up and realize that Brylin was important to this team each year he was here.

he is NOT useless. this is a totally wrong statement made by a Devils fan. Who is going to kill penalties now for us. Who is going to fill in very well, IF Elias or Parise gets injured..... Brylin will be missed. Most DEVILS FANS can see what he brought to the team and each game every year. Plays with more heart then we could ask for.... Wake up and realize that Brylin was important to this team each year he was here.

We all know Brylin was an important part of this Devils team in the past. Right now it just looks like Lou has made his decision not to bring Brylin back. He was great for the role he played on this Devils team. He will be missed and I liked Brylin, but now he is not fitting into the Devils plans. There will always be another player to take another players place and younger now, but will never forget about Brylin. It was just time to move on. No other team seems to be interested in Brylin right now, so that should say something that his time has come and past.

It was just time to move on. No other team seems to be interested in Brylin right now, so that should say something that his time has come and past.

not true. Is Jagr's time past? Is Jagr finished in the NHL?

Brylin was needed last year and will be missed this year. Brylin was important part of our PK with Madden and Pandolfo.

Brylin won faceoffs. Brylin could play the PP, Brylin played on the top line when Elias was injured.

You are dead wrong about Brylin. Brylin will be missed this year, no young player with no expierence can fill his void.

. It was just time to move on. No other team seems to be interested in Brylin right now, so that should say something that his time has come and past.

you can almost say the same about Sundin... No one has signed him yet. Maybe he should go to Russia or sweden. :rofl::boogie:

brylin is finished in the nhl, and his performance will be easily matched or bested next season. he was a special player when he was here, but there's a time to move on, and when a player with no physical ability scores 6 goals in a season, it's that time. lou cut bait a season too late with sergei nemchinov, and i think he did so a year too late with brylin as well.

brylin is finished in the nhl, and his performance will be easily matched or bested next season. he was a special player when he was here, but there's a time to move on, and when a player with no physical ability scores 6 goals in a season, it's that time. lou cut bait a season too late with sergei nemchinov, and i think he did so a year too late with brylin as well.

Loyalty means nothing to you also, huh?

I love these people who think Brylin is finished.....what a joke.

The players mentioned like Brylin, Sundin and Jagr maybe Sundin is the only one who may still have some left in the tank for the NHL. As far as Jagr, his skills and numbers have gone down along with Brylin.

I agree with Tri here on what he said about Nemchinov and Brylin. That has nothing to do if a fan is loyal or not. So I guess Lou is not loyal as well when it cones to Brylin. For all we know if Brylin is not playing for Russia, as some reports are saying he is not signed. Lou may go out and sign Brylin before or during the season if he really wants Brylin back. I just don't see that and like Tri said, it was a year or two too long.

Loyalty means nothing to you also, huh?

I love these people who think Brylin is finished.....what a joke.

Brylin struggled mightily last year. It is not surprising that other NHL teams are not lining up to sign him, although I still would not be totally surprised that a team looking for just a veteran presence signed him. If Brylin isn't completely finished he is extremely close to it. He lost a step last season and was even less physical than years prior. His foot speed is what his success hinges on and without it he has a hard time being a positive contributor.

Loyalty does mean something, the team paid Brylin millions of dollars over the years while sharing in on ice success. Loyalty does not mean purposefully hurting the team just to keep Brylin on it. If the team has to keep Brylin around due to loyalty then when do they get to let him go? Would they have to keep him on the team until he was 60 if Brylin wanted?