Sign in to follow this  
Jerseydevils0324

Canucks Intrested in Gionta

I'm not going to get excited over this because of Ek and his track record. If it did happen though I guess it would be good, his contract has three years left on it so if we acquire him we are pretty set on D for the next couple of years making it harder for a player like Corrente to come into the line up.

One thing I want to know is why he didn't play a full season? I don't think it was because he was injured, I think he was a healthy scratch which bothers me.

I'd rather have Seabrook but beggars can't be choosers.

Thats a trade some people have said they want to see happen (on the forum).. maybe its true this time from Ek

I thing Van. would have to pack in a lil more though, Bieska didn't have that good of numbers last year.. His 06-07 year was nice though

Edited by nmigliore

I'm not going to get excited over this because of Ek and his track record. If it did happen though I guess it would be good, his contract has three years left on it so if we acquire him we are pretty set on D for the next couple of years making it harder for a player like Corrente to come into the line up.

One thing I want to know is why he didn't play a full season? I don't think it was because he was injured, I think he was a healthy scratch which bothers me.

I'd rather have Seabrook but beggars can't be choosers.

IIRC, he had a tendon in his leg cut by a skate fairly early in the season.

I rather give up a pick, or picks, and go for Seabrook. Bieska isnt a bad option, but they would have to be sending more our way because Gionta is worth more than Bieska.

I rather give up a pick, or picks, and go for Seabrook. Bieska isnt a bad option, but they would have to be sending more our way because Gionta is worth more than Bieska.

I am not really a fan of Seabrook. At all to be honest. He's way too slow and would be just another Colin White out there.

Dually noted about demanding more than just Bieksa for Gionta... maybe Lou will become a cradle-rob one of the Sedins?! :rofl:

Ek said Bieska + for Gionta so you have to assume that the + means a prospect or a pick. Also if you read the comments on his page the Vancouver fans are thinking the exact opposite way that we are they want Gionta and a pick for Bieska. Someone even said Gionta and Vishnevski which I'd be all for.

If I were Lou, I would keep Gio over Bieksa...I love kevin but yeah..no thanks

I like Gio much more than we'd need another D-man. And I don't think Gio would help Vancouver at all compared to having Bieksa. So personally, I hope Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is wrong, and, with his track record, I don't think that's too much to ask.

the defense played better last year than the offense. adding rolston and holik, and losing gionta, doesnt improve the offense nearly enough

No, he's not, especially since he's pending UFA. We might have to be the team to throw in extra in that deal.

I am not really a fan of Seabrook. At all to be honest. He's way too slow and would be just another Colin White out there.

Not true, Seabrook has 2 eyes that he can see with. :giggle: Sorry, it was gonna be said at some point.

I'll believe an Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumor when I see Gio in a Canucks uni and Bieska in a Devils uni.

Hasn't Gionta been rumoured to be sent to Vancouver for about two years now?

Yeah but never from this reliable source. ;)

So we trade Gionta's 4M salary for a guy making 3.75? That's absolutely brilliant...

Keep Gionta over Bieksa...

Maybe we keep Gio for the season up til the deadline, and trade him for a lot of loot when rentals get a premium in the trade market...

I don't really care if it hurts our chances to win a cup next season... I don't think it would (allowing our younger players to play important roles), and we'd finally get something for our UFAs.

We would have been a much better team today if we traded Gomez at the deadline.

It might as well be we're trading for bigfoot any rumor coming from Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) I don't believe.

the defense played better last year than the offense. adding rolston and holik, and losing gionta, doesnt improve the offense nearly enough

Like taking 1 and half steps forward then 1 back IMO

Not saying much sadly...

Like taking 1 and half steps forward then 1 back IMO

Does anyone know what Bieska makes? What is his cap hit and when is his contract up? IMO, I would do this trade. Bieska is 27 and a good D -guy that has a right handed shot on the PP. He was injured last year, but score 12 goals the year before. If we can shed salar, pick up Bieska.(I saw someone said Bieska and a 4th round pick for Gionta. Who knows. If that happens we will have cap room and Lou can also dump VV. Maybe LOU can pick up another winger through FA or trade.

Martin-Oduya

Salvador- Bieska

White-Mottau.

Very good 6 pairing IMO...

Bieksa's not worth it

Cap hit of 3.75 through the 2010-11 season.

I like Bieksa alot, but this is a bit rich.