Rolston #12

msweet

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holik has been here longer and deserves the number 16.

Disagree, Holik has been here a week. Zubrus has been here a year and a week. Holik lost his rights to the number when he signed with the Rangers in '02.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy he's back, but he shouldn't get the number based on the fact that he wore it before. If Zubrus opts to give it up, then sure. But if Zubrus wants the number, it's his right to keep it, I think.

I could have told you Rolston would be #12, they had a Devils jersey with 12 and his name on it a few weeks ago at the NHL store.

Wonder how Holik and Zubrus are going to work it out...and if we call up Vrana or Bergfors, what they'd be. Ah well, it's the least of our problems.

Disagree, Holik has been here a week. Zubrus has been here a year and a week. Holik lost his rights to the number when he signed with the Rangers in '02.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy he's back, but he shouldn't get the number based on the fact that he wore it before. If Zubrus opts to give it up, then sure. But if Zubrus wants the number, it's his right to keep it, I think.

Spot on.

This gets my vote.

If Zubs passes it on to Holik though, does he get input as to what number he wants? Or will he be assigned a #?

This gets my vote.

If Zubs passes it on to Holik though, does he get input as to what number he wants? Or will he be assigned a #?

I have a feeling Zubrus will give it up. Hopefully he'll get to pick. I just realized my custom jersey is #16. Well, I guess i got lucky.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Holik will get #16 no question, he earned it. He was an vital component in two cup wins and another Cup appearance. Zubrus has done nothing here or anywhere else in his career.

i'm inclined to agree, though i think i like zubrus a lot more than you do.

holik's absence from the playoffs since he left the devils was his punishment. he has served his time.

and bobby was on the crash line, so he wins.

Guess Ill have to settle with wearing Rolston #14 still lol. I figured he wouldnt be getting that number back.. but it would have been nice :) Now people will probabl;y just think im dumb and put the wrong number!

100% agree.

I would be super pi$$ed off if i had purchased a Zubrus jersey last season and then suddenly frankenstine rolls up and steals his number.

Maybe Holik can have number 61, althought there is about as much likelyhood of that happening as there is of Zub's and Holik fighting in a ring for the rights to the number 16 before the Home opener this season :noclue:

Yeah your right, didn't think about that.