Sutter, Zharkov in the house

msweet

WOW...I posted yesterday in the Federov thread that people change but scrapping now? :noclue: .....hmmmmm I'm impressed.

Edited by brodeurrocks

I can only think that Fedorov dropping the gloves makes him look better in Sutter's eyes. A play who is disinterested normally won't do that.

Agreed. Actually, it has to look good for both of them. A kid like Young coming in fresh from the draft and fighting and showing some fire goes a long way in proving he isn't intimidated. It looks even better if he knows that he won't be in the AHL or NHL this year but still cares.

fwiw the first hit for fedor fedorov on youtube is him fighting darcy verot, whom some of you might remember from the capitals - kind of a sasha lakovic lite.

it's pretty clear from his PIM totals over the years that he has fought in professional hockey before.

have to think it's a glitch, if not, lou is really going to clear out defenders. not like spiller is any good but that would make like 10 guys eligible for 7 spots.

Bizzare for sure especially when it looks like Lowell already has more than enough as well, even taking into account a few will head to Trenton.

Edited by titans04

Bizzare for sure especially when it looks like Lowell already has more than enough as well, even taking into account a few will head to Trenton.

I'd agree that it's either a mistake or that Lou is quietly setting up a deal. Maybe he likes what he sees from some of the young guys, and feels one or more may be ready to move up, allowing for a trade of some sort?

Who knows? This is the fun of the offseason... constant over analyzation.

Roughly seven weeks till training camp...

Cripes I didn't realize Fedor was 230lbs. That's a big boy.

Interesting final comment on the bottom - NHL.com has Matthew Spiller listed as a member of the New Jersey Devils. (and this isn't like that shortkey on TSN where you can make a player's team change)

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=PlayerDeta...mp;service=page

Considering NHL.com has Clemmensen down as #30, they don't know a fvcking thing.

I did mention directly after I said that that some of the fun of the offseason is over analyzation. Simply throwing an idea out there. Sorry it didn't measure up for ya.

Apparently my amusement didn't transfer; I found it funny to think there's someone at NHL.com who cracked the case and is playing his own little games with viewers to see if they catch on. Guess I need to throw in the ":lol:" smiley to go with it next time.

Where did you find that?

Fedor Fight Stats

There seems to be a collection of marginally talented defensemen at this point I don't quite understand it, these kinda guys aren't going to help much in any kinda trade, nor will they help much if there asked to play a big role on the big club. Should be an interesting scenario that plays out until opening night.

Apparently my amusement didn't transfer; I found it funny to think there's someone at NHL.com who cracked the case and is playing his own little games with viewers to see if they catch on. Guess I need to throw in the ":lol:" smiley to go with it next time.

Ah, now I understand... my apologies for the snippiness. I hate the offseason. I DVR'd the 2003 Ottawa-Devils Series on NHL Network... that should cheer me up!

I love that Young and Fedorov fought, thats the type of attitude you want in players who are trying to show everything they can to an organization. Sounds like it was a decent scrap. Hopefully Fedor carries that chip on his shoulder into training camp in the fall.

Yeah that would be good for him.