Edge and the Devils once again

Satans Hockey

It's the summer and this quote is so worth the thread...

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/cir...mpions/edge0726

"Once Brian gathered his composure, he presented Edge with a gift: an official New Jersey Devils jersey, Edge’s favorite NHL team"

The greatest part about this moment is I can walk around the [Philadelphia] Flyers arena in New Jersey Devils gear, so it’s kind of double my pleasure today,” Edge said. “This was probably one of my best Make-A-Wish experiences. I’ll have a smile on my face for the rest of the day … until I walk through the curtains and then the scowl will come back.”

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im guessing he actually follows hockey and is just isn't one of those celebrities who says they like a professional team but can't even name like 5 players from the team.

There's a link in some other thread (I'm too lazy to look for it) where Edge interviewed Marty a few years back. In it, Edge mentioned that he's been following the team since Chico was in net. The dude's a legit fan. And that quote is freakin awesome!

We've got to get him to come to some games. It'll make the Rangers fans realize that they're not so tough when they keep trying to start fights.

Probably will be hard to do with his schedule. It's just a shame that the meadowlands is still up, once that dump gets knocked down and the WWE starts having events at the rock than the Devils game ops guys could do a segment with him. I'm sure he would love to do it if they asked him.

Would be nice to see a segment with Edge rocking his red in MSG. That would cheese off the rags fans.

that's awesome.

I'm with Edge on that one! I love walking around Philthadelphia in devils gear. Rubs their nose in it ... ya know?

:evil:

After reading the article, I gotta say the what the WWE does with the Make-A-Wish foundation is terrific. I have been a WWE fan for years and I have seen how proud Vince McMahon is about their involvment with the foundation. Wrestlers from Hogan to Austin to to the Rock to Cena have granted kids their wishes by spending time with them and giving them some smiles. I once read an article where Austin said the experiance is very humbling and how he is happy to do it each and everytime. Hopefully, the WWE and Make-A-Wish will continue their relationship for years to come. I'm sure the NHL has a relationship with them as well and I would like to see more stories like this one come out.

Edited by yankeesjetsfan

Probably will be hard to do with his schedule. It's just a shame that the meadowlands is still up, once that dump gets knocked down and the WWE starts having events at the rock than the Devils game ops guys could do a segment with him. I'm sure he would love to do it if they asked him.

They're still having WWE events at that crap hole? Why don't they just move to the Rock? Looking at the calender for the Pru. Center, it looks like there are a lot of open dates.

They're still having WWE events at that crap hole? Why don't they just move to the Rock? Looking at the calender for the Pru. Center, it looks like there are a lot of open dates.

I think it's just out of loyalty to the Meadowlands which has been good to them over the years, they raised a banner for the WWE cause over 1 million fans have attended WWE events at the arena since it opened.

Once it closes they will make the switch over to the rock.

CAA charges cheaper rent and seats more people

both make that toilet an attractive venue to the WWE that sells out EVERY TIME in this area....

until that dump is vaporized WWE will never be in the Rock

who in the hell would want to pretend to be a devils fan?

Whoopi?

I kid, love you girl!

Edge is real legit for a celeb fan. He might not compete with some of the posters around here for trivial knowledge of the team, but few can. I've been impressed by his blog posts which indicate both a knowledge of the game and the team's past.

I think it's just out of loyalty to the Meadowlands which has been good to them over the years, they raised a banner for the WWE cause over 1 million fans have attended WWE events at the arena since it opened.

Once it closes they will make the switch over to the rock.

That didn't stop the Devils from leaving. :P

Although I am surprised that CAA is nice to the WWE since the arena is government owned, and since CAA messed with the Devils so much, who brought in much more fans over the years.

CAA charges cheaper rent and seats more people

both make that toilet an attractive venue to the WWE that sells out EVERY TIME in this area....

until that dump is vaporized WWE will never be in the Rock

Does the WWE really sell out every time? Where do so many fans come from? NYC?

Edited by devils26

That didn't stop the Devils from leaving. :P

Well it's 2 entirely different things. The WWE doesn't make money from food and parking and all that stuff so they only care about selling out the building. As long as you can fit a ring and the setup in it that is all that matters to them.

WWE sells out everywhere. The reason being it only comes to one city once or twice or year so it doesn't cost families that much and they can afford it, especially if its the only sporting event they go to unlike the other sports where there are tons of home games.

Although I am surprised that CAA is nice to the WWE since the arena is government owned, and since CAA messed with the Devils so much, who brought in much more fans over the years.

It's hardly a matter of the NJSEA "being nice" (in fact at this point it's more likely douchey scumbaggery on their behalf to try to keep that dump open and functional more then anything :P)

and yes the WWE sells out EVERY Raw, Smackdown and PPV they show in this area... house shows maybe not as much so.... I miss when MSG shows used to be on MSG for the watching..... and keep in mind the WWE is legit maybe 5-10 more times popular then the NHL. it's easy for them to find 20,000 people out of the 20 million in this area to fill that dump up with (they also have no wrestling competition... though I am going to Trenton to see TNA Hard Justice! :dance: )

Im guessing he actually follows hockey and is just isn't one of those celebrities who says they like a professional team but can't even name like 5 players from the team.

He's legit into hockey and the Devils. He's from Toronto originally. I saw him at a game as well (he was in a box with another wrestler) in DC two seasons ago (Devs/Caps).