Republicans are, apparently, proud of being fat

They have quotations from one random woman who happens to be a Democrat, and JOHN MCCAIN'S CAMPAIGN MANAGER.

Hi, guess what party JOHN MCCAIN'S CAMPAIGN MANAGER belongs to. I will give you two guesses.

John McCain's campaign manager doesn't speak for all Republican's just like the guy in the other thread can't speak for groups either. You were trying to make a joke and it bombed, no biggie, just let it lie now.

He can, however, speak for the kind of person his campaign is targeting.

Which is the kind of person who has never seen the inside of a gym.

The fat kind of person.

Watch out, you're being insensitive to fat people, some of the PC police may pop out at you.

His point was obviously to tie Obama's gauntness to the gauntness popular in hollywood which is a pretty normal tact to try and get a democrat looked at as a hollywood liberal type person.

And the best way to do that was obviously to mock healthy eating habits in the midst of an obesity epidemic?

He should really be lauding Obama's fitness as an example to all Americans.

Edit: Didn't I have problems with you not actually reading articles before responding in the past? You seem to like to read the first couple lines and then comment on that, rather than the full article and actually garnering a knowledge of the topic at hand.

Do you still think that, with a quote from John McCain's campaign manager, the article has nothing to do with Republicans at all?

Edited by Nature's Minister

I doubt you've ever had a problem with me not reading articles. To speak well of myself I think I come with reason and facts to all my arguments when they are not based purely on opinion.

I still think, even with the quote that I had already read, that this headline is just as off as LL's headline in the other thread but this one isn't going to get the same complaints since it's about Republicans and not a race.

I already told you why the McCain campaign would make this point, it goes along with trying to paint Obama as a hollywood liberal.

Again, Obama should be lauded for his fitness. For a public figure to say that being healthy is somehow a fault, regardless of WHY he said it, is a near criminal action.

And I remember now. You were arguing with me in the thread where the young man was harassed by a police officer on video. He had clearly used his turn signal to enter the parking lot, and I gave you the exact time in the video where the officer stated he was writing a ticket for failure to activate it. Before that you claimed I was "making up" the bit where I said the officer had falsified a charge. :blink:

Edited by Nature's Minister

He wasn't saying healthy was bad. He was saying Obama's schedule is like that of a hollywood celeb. Gym 3 times a day, speciality teas, power bars, things that a lot of American's don't have time to do or can't afford to worry about. You wanting to turn that into him saying that being healthy is bad is laughable.

I work a sh!t job and I can still afford protein bars and to go to the gym five times a week.

I don't drink Honest Tea but I really don't drink any tea.

It's really, really unlikely that Obama goes three times a day, btw. You're supposed to go for less than an hour a day, optimally, because your testosterone levels start to decrease after that.

Any sort of "fit is bad" mentality, again, regardless of motivations, is absolutely NOT what the nation needs right now. There are Type-II diabetics all over the place.

He can, however, speak for the kind of person his campaign is targeting.

Which is the kind of person who has never seen the inside of a gym.

The fat kind of person.

Don't you think you're taking the article a bit far? For that matter, are you actually taking the article seriously? (And by that I mean not only the Fox News report but the original article in the Wall Street Journal.) It strikes me as one of those "desperate for a story" type of stories where the reporter was on a deadline and had no idea what to write about.

Title has nothing to do with the article it's a pretty big stretch. Probably not as abrasive and offensive as LL but just as dumb. For that matter though, who cares if he is fit, good for him more people should work towards that but I don't think the exercise habits of candidates should have an impact on the election.

Actually I'm not that thin skinned.

If there was an article about people being dumb and lazy and someone here titled it "dumb lazy cops" even though it had nothing to do with police officers, you wouldn't be ticked off by it? or at least say "hey wait, this article has nothing to do with cops there is no need for the cheap shot"?

If there was an article about people being dumb and lazy and someone here titled it "dumb lazy cops" even though it had nothing to do with police officers, you wouldn't be ticked off by it? or at least say "hey wait, this article has nothing to do with cops there is no need for the cheap shot"?

You are right. And Nature'sMinister does it all the time because lol has shown lol's utter contempt for the police. And I argue lol's postings that lol loves , the ones that show the 1/100th of 1% of cops in a bad light.

lol makes it seem like all cops are like that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.