Training Camp

Prucenterrules

i'd be lying if i said i was happy if this is the defense we're going to start the season with.

I think they Devils are waiting to see who does what in training camp before they make a move. Lou has said they were looking to upgrade the defense, and he also said they were looking to see who was going to step up and push for a spot.

Training camp should help them decide where they stand. I expect a move before the season starts if none of the young guys surprise anyone.

All I expect w/ the d-men : Training camp opens, Lou/Brent decide who makes it, one or two kept on the main roster incase of injury. Whoever is left (if its not a young player or prospect) is traded for a salary dump.. and of course whatever yound d-man doesn't make it is sent to Lowell

Edited by nmigliore

All I expect w/ the d-men : Training camp opens, Lou/Brent decide who makes it, one or two kept on the main roster incase of injury. Whoever is left (if its not a young player or prospect) is traded for a salary dump.. and of course whatever yound d-man doesn't make it is sent to Lowell

Probably.

Is camp gonna be held at the Rock?

Hoping for...

- Martin, Oduya, Salvador, White, Vishnevski, and Corrente to be the top 6 with Mottau as the 7th

- Greene, Brookbank, Salmela, Fraser, Fayne, Eckford get sent to Lowell

- Or Vishnevski gets traded or waived and Greene moves up to #7

Why?

i'm not expecting a return to the glory days, but having guys like mottau and oduya(everybody's new favorite player) and a one eyed whitey don't make me think this will be our year. maybe corrente makes a big impression or this salmela kid works his way onto the team. i'm not saying it's easy to pick one up, but this team desperately needs a top tier defenseman since we are built from goalie outwards and i'm not sure(though i could be wrong) that martin is ready to take that step.

• 3 weeks later...
Hoping for...

- Martin, Oduya, Salvador, White, Vishnevski, and Corrente to be the top 6 with Mottau as the 7th

- Greene, Brookbank, Salmela, Fraser, Fayne, Eckford get sent to Lowell

- Or Vishnevski gets traded or waived and Greene moves up to #7

Vishnevski was waived and is going to play in Russia.

i'm not expecting a return to the glory days, but having guys like mottau and oduya(everybody's new favorite player) and a one eyed whitey don't make me think this will be our year. maybe corrente makes a big impression or this salmela kid works his way onto the team. i'm not saying it's easy to pick one up, but this team desperately needs a top tier defenseman since we are built from goalie outwards and i'm not sure(though i could be wrong) that martin is ready to take that step.

I know this is old but -

a: while i do think an upgrade at defense would be nice, it doesn't have to come now - and in fact it'd be better if it didn't.

b: paul martin is one of the top 30 d-men in the game

c: there aren't as many good defensemen floating around as there were 10 years ago.

i'm not thrilled with this defense, but it can certainly get the team to the playoffs.

I know this is old but -

a: while i do think an upgrade at defense would be nice, it doesn't have to come now - and in fact it'd be better if it didn't.

b: paul martin is one of the top 30 d-men in the game

c: there aren't as many good defensemen floating around as there were 10 years ago.

i'm not thrilled with this defense, but it can certainly get the team to the playoffs.

Exactly if we have to we could add a D-man later in the season.

I don't know if someone already posted this, but it says here that training camp will be closed to the public:

Link

I'm not happy at all about this I've spent time for at least one weekend per September at Devils training camp for about 18 years now. I went through 3 types of cameras (SLR, Digital rangefinder and Digital SLR) and quite a few lenses learning how to shoot through the glass and adjusting for the white ice and the motion of the players. :rant::argh::angry:

In fact I was just planning for this year's camp today. I was figuring what days and times I could make it down to Newark.

This news really sucks!

I'm not happy at all about this I've spent time for at least one weekend per September at Devils training camp for about 18 years now. I went through 3 types of cameras (SLR, Digital rangefinder and Digital SLR) and quite a few lenses learning how to shoot through the glass and adjusting for the white ice and the motion of the players. :rant::argh::angry:

In fact I was just planning for this year's camp today. I was figuring what days and times I could make it down to Newark.

This news really sucks!

I dont understand the change -- but maybe it was a 'coaching' decision ...