Ring Of Fire

yankeesjetsfan

I know there was a suggestion of adding a Ring Of Fire to the Rock to honor past players who wore the sweater, but career didn't warrent a retirement of their number. I wanted to know, who would you guys put in? Aside from the obvious (Stevens, Daneyko), I would put in

Brylin

Lemieux

Driver

Johnny Mac

Who else?

This is Don Lever

1982-83 New Jersey Devils NHL 79 23 30 53 68

1983-84 New Jersey Devils NHL 70 14 19 33 44

1984-85 New Jersey Devils NHL 67 10 8 18 31

This is Jim Dowd

1991-92 NJ 1 0 0 0 0

1992-93 NJ 1 0 0 0 -1

1993-94 NJ 15 5 10 15 8

1994-95 NJ 10 1 4 5 -5

1995-96 NJ 28 4 9 13 -1 17

2006-07 NJ 66 4 4 8 -5 20

Do you really think these merit Ring of Fire??? I mean its a great story with Dowd being from NJ and all and he scored one huge goal for us but if we are going to do something like this lets not put in players who in 10 years from now people won't be saying "who?"

Edited by SC Devs Fan

This is Jim Dowd

AWESOME

Fixed.

It's just my opinion. I'm totally biased, of course. But I think the first guy from New Jersey to get his name on the Cup while playing for the New Jersey team should get honored in a Ring of Fire kind of thing. It's not like I'm saying his number should be retired.

I also think big moments should be included in the Ring of Fire, not just players. Each Stanley Cup, MacLean's goal in '88, McMullen moving the team, the '00 comeback against the Flyers, Lou getting hired ... stuff like that should be commemorated as well. Make this thing more of a museum within the arena in honor of our great players, personnel and moments than just a place to honor the guys not quite good enough to have their sweaters raised to the rafters.

This is Don Lever

1982-83 New Jersey Devils NHL 79 23 30 53 68

1983-84 New Jersey Devils NHL 70 14 19 33 44

1984-85 New Jersey Devils NHL 67 10 8 18 31

Do you really think these merit Ring of Fire??? I mean its a great story with Dowd being from NJ and all and he scored one huge goal for us but if we are going to do something like this lets not put in players who in 10 years from now people won't be saying "who?"

Don Lever was the teams first captain and scored the first goal. I think that gets him put into a non-existent team Hall of Fame. These are the types of players this thing would be started for. Players that were important to the New Jersey Devils one way or another.

Terreri didn't have spectacular numbers, and Neal Broten wasn't with the team long at all, but I think they'd be considered shoo-ins for what they did for Jersey.

Chico

Kirk

Driver

McKay

Holik (upon retirement)

John McMullen

Lou (upon retirement)

Brylin

Niedermayer should be retired most likely.

These players should have plaques along the wall outside the Fire Lounge - in place of the Edison thing. Or somewhere around there.

LOU GETS A BANNER! With an old rotary phone on it... cause he's old school.

Chico

Kirk

Driver

McKay

Holik (upon retirement)

John McMullen

Lou (upon retirement)

Brylin

Niedermayer should be retired most likely.

These players should have plaques along the wall outside the Fire Lounge - in place of the Edison thing. Or somewhere around there.

I agree with these people. Neidermayer should have his Jersey retired as soon as he retires.

What about among players still playing? Other than Brodeur, who gets in? I think the following upon retirement:

Rolston

Ralfalski

Giontia

Madden

Elias

Sykora

Holik

Assuming Nieds and Broduer will get their number retired:

1. Doc - Or maybe an announcer banner

2. Lou - Or maybe an architect banner

3. Jacques Lemaire

4. Brylin

5. John Maclean

6. Pandolfo

7. Madden

Thats about it for me, only Driver and White is a maybe.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

I'm kind of interested in what everyone thinks this Ring of Fire will actually be? It's not like we can have something around the arena bowl (kinda like the Cowboys' Ring of Honor) because LCD banners use up all possible space. HellOnICE mentioned having plaques outside the Fire Bar ... that could be cool.

I've already said that I think this idea should be expanded into more of an interactive museum of Devils history kind of thing, rather that just a, "Hey, you weren't good enough to get your number retired, so you'll get this instead," kind of thing. The space on the upper concourse by the giant outdoor video screen window is just going to waste right now. Fill it up with photos, jerseys, plaques, pucks, sticks, pads, hat trick hats and TVs playing great moments in franchise history. Call it a Devils Hall of Fame or something. Personally, I think that would be sick as all hell.

Any ideas?

I'm kind of interested in what everyone thinks this Ring of Fire will actually be? It's not like we can have something around the arena bowl (kinda like the Cowboys' Ring of Honor) because LCD banners use up all possible space. HellOnICE mentioned having plaques outside the Fire Bar ... that could be cool.

I've already said that I think this idea should be expanded into more of an interactive museum of Devils history kind of thing, rather that just a, "Hey, you weren't good enough to get your number retired, so you'll get this instead," kind of thing. The space on the upper concourse by the giant outdoor video screen window is just going to waste right now. Fill it up with photos, jerseys, plaques, pucks, sticks, pads, hat trick hats and TVs playing great moments in franchise history. Call it a Devils Hall of Fame or something. Personally, I think that would be sick as all hell.

Any ideas?

That is pretty cool, and would fit in with the display they have up with the opening night puck and whatever. I just wonder if its something they'd have to take down after every game, as they do with the current display.

What about among players still playing? Other than Brodeur, who gets in? I think the following upon retirement:

Rolston

Ralfalski

Giontia

Madden

Elias

Sykora

Holik

I'd say Gio's would depend on this season. If he gets unceremoniously dumped, I can't see it happening. Or if he goes to NY after this year. I know Holik went to the Rags, but he did a lot for this team in his time here.