Sign in to follow this  
NJDevs4978

NJDevs' Fantasy Hockey

Well for those of you who have played in the past - along with the noobs - as usual, this will be a Yahoo! league with up to 20 teams and rotisserie scoring. I'll cap the number of teams at 16 for now then if there's overwhelming demand increase it back to 20 because last year it was a struggle both to get the league filled and in finding people that will actually play out the season :P

As far as game play goes, I liked the balance last year so I think I'll keep the same scoring categories as well. There are eight offensive categories overall (G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW) and six goalie categories (W,L, GAA, Saves, Sv.Pct, SHO).

In addition to the usual two C, two LW, two RW, four D and one goalie that start I've also added a utility position, a nod to the sheer number of useful centers that are on the waiver wire even in a twenty-team league. I've left the roster size at 16 for now - four bench players, but if anyone wants to increase it to 18 we can vote on that before the draft. And YES THERE IS A GAME LIMIT of 82 for every position; every year it seems a few people forget this fact.

The only automatic invites this year are Swede - the defending champion, and DM (if he wants back in) since he is the site owner after all. I know there are some game regulars like Manta and halfshark that are basically givens but generally it will be first come, first serve and all are welcome - except if you've played in the past and not been active at all.

If you want in the league state your preference for a weeknight or a weekend draft time since we are as usual having a live draft (there's just not enough time to fill a league and do a board draft with twenty teams), I'll try to do it at 8 PM or after in any case.

When the league's filled, we'll determine the draft order. After Swede gets to pick where he drafts - probably #1 since everyone else with that choice has opted for the top pick, even in Yahoo's snaking system, I'll randomize the rest of the draft order.

So, who wants in on the fun?

Edited by Hasan4978

i'm in of course :)

And yes. the number 1 pick is fine

(doesnt really matter with the snake draft, but its fun to get one given if i cant make the draft (again) )

weekend draft would be excellent as im in finland

Edited by Swede

Count me in as well. I do prefer weeknight drafts, and weekends depending on the time (I am on PST)

Stupid Yahoo!, registrations were open this morning but apparently have been put on hold again, should be any day now :P

i hope we get a league with 20 active players this year :)

I'd like to play.

I'd also like to vote for larger rosters. The larger the roster the more it rewards players in making good choice, smaller roster's reward players on being able to log online more often. My favorite baseball league lets us have 6 bench spots, I think, making the players starting a ton better than the players on the waiver wire, instead of having the talent between roster players and free agents being so small.

Edit: For draft time I can do basically any time on weekend and can do Thursday nights.

Edited by Devils731

I'll play if there is any noob room left :P

I can do anytime at night for the most part. 8 30 or 9 would probably be ideal just because of practice and hw and such.

and does the 82 game cap mean if a player is traded which leads to them playing 83 or 84 games they can't be in your lineup for the 83rd/84th game?

Edited by RSC

I'd like to play again...and I'll try not to forget about the draft again so I can actually be competitive force this time!

I'll play if there is any noob room left :P

I can do anytime at night for the most part. 8 30 or 9 would probably be ideal just because of practice and hw and such.

and does the 82 game cap mean if a player is traded which leads to them playing 83 or 84 games they can't be in your lineup for the 83rd/84th game?

Nope, it just means that you can only have a player play 82 games in that positions for your team.

i'm in of course :)

And yes. the number 1 pick is fine

(doesnt really matter with the snake draft, but its fun to get one given if i cant make the draft (again) )

weekend draft would be excellent as im in finland

Well so far it looks like a good start - Me, you, DM, ayl, Clown, dr, 731, devilsfan26 and first-timers Devilswede, RSC and Devils Pride as well as a couple more that I know will join eventually. So it probably will remain a 20-team league once a few more people ask in.

731, I think I probably will expand to 18-man rosters - if nothing else because now with twelve starting skaters instead of 11, it would be a bit of a pain in the butt to have only four bench positions if you have more than one injured player.

Still need more of you to comment on the draft time though, so far we have one vote for weekday and two that say weekends are more convenient. Sunday is not an option in any case though, I'm not gonna bother doing it then during the football season :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Weeknights after 7...

Weekends whenever.

I'd be in if the draft is not biased to East Coast time (PST 3 hour difference)

Weekend, possibly asunday....

It'll be biased to my time, since I can be around most nights :lol:

It probably will start no earlier than 8, no later than 9:30 (which would be between 5 and 6:30 your time) - still not sure about weekday or weekend.

Edited by Hasan4978

I'd be in if the draft is not biased to East Coast time (PST 3 hour difference)

Weekend, possibly asunday....

ehhh, well im about 6 hrs... the other way! so eastern time at least makes it possible (say draft starts at 6pm eastern, that's about 12 - 01am start time for me, later than that and, well, autodraft time :)

ehhh, well im about 6 hrs... the other way! so eastern time at least makes it possible (say draft starts at 6pm eastern, that's about 12 - 01am start time for me, later than that and, well, autodraft time :)

Yeah I agree, 6 pm would be OK, preferably even earlier..but I understand that not all of you can earlier.

Still need more of you to comment on the draft time though, so far we have one vote for weekday and two that say weekends are more convenient. Sunday is not an option in any case though, I'm not gonna bother doing it then during the football season :P

Any night is good for me except Monday or Thursday.

6pm EST draft for me would work..I can get to the draft from work...so if that helps...just my .02

Well now the site says registration will begin in early September, so probably next week :P Still need a few to fill it out in any case, we're at around 12 and probably a couple more that I know will join eventually. I want to get to minimum 16 and max 20.

Doesn't seem like there's much of a consensus so far on the draft time, anyone else feel free to chime in though (as to when you can make it), I do want to try to get as many people as possible there.

Edited by Hasan4978