NJDevs' Fantasy Hockey

NJDevs4978

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play again if there is still room. I had a horrible draft last year I think i finished last but I was active all year.

Yep, you're in when Yahoo! gets around to starting it - which will probably be a few hours before the first puck drop :P Actually it still says early September, it has never started this late before.

Current players (15):

Me

Swede

DM

aylbert

LOTCB

Devilswede

devilsrule33

Devils Pride 26

Devils731

RSC

devilsfan26

MantaRay

bostondevil11

halfshark

redruM

*DevilInLA

*-I'm putting him on the reserve list, since draft time was a concern

Edited by Hasan4978

redruM is in!!

When is the draft???

Yahoo! still hasn't opened their leagues so as of now there is no date. As I said above I'm trying to get opinions from everyone as to what days/times work best with them to try to get as many people to the live draft as possible.

You and halfshark are in of course, list updated above - as of now we have 15. I'll probably either stop at 16 or get a few more to go to 20 if they're players that will finish out the season and not pack it in early.

Well:

A) I want to keep the league strictly for board members

B) 16-20 teams really doesn't matter to me, though 20's been tradition in a way I'd prefer 16 (or 18) since last year we had too much dead wood in the league

easy red have your kid sign up and post once... :D

what are the rules when it comes to firesales again? we can veto trades, right? but if someone gets bored and put all their players back into the pool?

Well I didn't want to put:

C) I want to avoid conflicts of interest where possible...what's to stop one from trying to help the other if one's team is in fifth and the other's in fifteenth? Besides, if I let his son into the league everyone'll want to know why I didn't let their child, friend, whomever in the league.

As far as trades, in the past I've had it as commissioner's decision so I could put trades through quicker, there have been a couple of trades that have given me headaches determining whether they're above board so I may go the 'four votes overturn a trade' route this time, that way I can't get blamed if someone does a slightly unbalanced trade that gets perceived as dumping :P

I think there is an option where I can lock a team's roster if they decide to dump everyone and put those players back on that team. Fortunately we haven't had that issue in a couple of years.

Edited by Hasan4978

Has, you do have the lock option, at least Yahoo baseball does. You can also force waive and force add players to teams. I was able to reset a team that dumped their whole roster in that fashion.

Why not keep control of trades and any that you think are difficult you ask people to PM or email you if they want to veto it and why. This way nobody knows who said what if people want privacy and still lets you keep control. The reason I like the commish having control is sometimes trades get blocked just because it helps a team too much even if the trade was fairly bargained for.

Why not keep control of trades and any that you think are difficult you ask people to PM or email you if they want to veto it and why. This way nobody knows who said what if people want privacy and still lets you keep control. The reason I like the commish having control is sometimes trades get blocked just because it helps a team too much even if the trade was fairly bargained for.

That's always been my mindset - in the past I've asked the team(s) in question to post in the thread if I did see a questionable deal but PM's work too.

Swede, I haven't written everyone's time and date down yet but so far it looks like a weeknight around 8-9 ish unfortunately for you. But if one team can handle an autodraft it's you since you've kicked our asses the last two years with the autodraft :lol:

As far as I can understand these are everyone else's parameters for the draft time. Blanks haven't posted about when they can be around yet. And my own parameters are usually any time after 5 on a weekday and probably anytime on Saturday. Common sense says I won't do it on a football Sunday even though I can be around then at night too.

Swede - weekend or weeknight before 6 PM (EST)

DM - any weeknight after 7

aylbert - any weeknight after 7 and anytime on the weekend

westcoast - should be there

Devilswede - weekend or weeknight before 6 PM (EST)

devilsrule33

Devils Pride 26 - Tuesday - Thursday 8:30 PM or after

Devils731 - anytime on the weekend or Thursday night

RSC - any night after 8:30-9

devilsfan26 - Tues/Wed/Fri/weekend night

MantaRay - should be there

bostondevil11

halfshark

redruM - Monday - Thursday 8 PM or after

LetsGoDevils - autodrafting

Chimara - should be there

GA Devil - should be there

Cal914

overtime98

Edited by Hasan4978

Well finally Yahoo! has deigned to kick off Fantasy Hockey so PM's have been sent.

The draft is tentatively set for Tuesday the 23rd at 9PM but it's still subject to change for a few days, I want it finalized a week before it actually happens (say I decide on the 18th to make it the 25th). I will send out PM's to everyone if there's a change in the date/time.

-Starting positions are as follows: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, Util, D, D, D, D, G

-There are six bench positions with two IR slots. The max number of teams is currently set at 16, but that can also be changed to 18 or 20...might go to 18 but rather not go all the way to 20 with the expanded rosters though (two more bench spots and one more IR spot this year compared to prior years).

-There are game limits of 82 at each starting position.

Edited by Hasan4978

in other news; the pre-rankings are really bad

Hmmm...I see what you mean, Crosby 20th?! :blink: Usually Yahoo isn't THAT bad, then again it doesn't seem as if Fantasy Hockey was their highest priority this year anyway :P

btw Wolf Pack (LetsGoDevils) is the 16th team in. I think I'll just keep the cap on teams and randomize the draft order - with Swede getting the #1 pick yet again - after everyone signs up.

Edited by Hasan4978

Tuesday through Thursday seem to work about the same so far - I would have considered that Wednesday except it happens to be the same night as the first preseason home game jic anyone (including me) winds up going and I wanted to do it the last week before the regular season begins to give people time to sign up and do pre-rankings if neccesary. And Thursdays I'd have to do an earlier draft - which leaves out some people that would make it otherwise, so Tuesday's what I came up with.

Still have yet to hear from LGD/WolfPack, devilsrule, Manta, bostondevil11 and halfshark on what days are good for them...although LGD seems to like autodrafting anyways :P

Edited by Hasan4978