Sign in to follow this  
Devils Pride 26

Any Non-NJDevs FFL talk here

I just talked someone into trading me Palmer for David Garrard, without getting them drunk :P

So you got them high?

So you got them high?

no but he was drunk at the draft :lol:

he took Russel when Derek Anderson was on the board :P

no but he was drunk at the draft :lol:

he took Russel when Derek Anderson was on the board :P

LOL

This is nothing compared to a guy that selected these (He wasn't there for the first few rounds.) in my 10team league

1. Ryan Grant

2. (14) Drew Brees

3. (27) San Diego

4. (34) Donald Driver

5. (47) Mason Crosby

6. (54) Greg Jennings

7. (67) Donald Lee

8. (74) Reggie Bush

9. (87) Laveranues Coles

10. (94) Brett Favre

11. (107) Green Bay

12. (114) Neil Rackers

13. (127) Rashard Mendenhall

14. (134) Derrick Mason

15. (147) Vincent Jackson

He's a GB Fan btw.

Oh and he dropped Driver, so I picked him up^.

Edited by TravisZajac

Okay so I'm in a 10-team Yahoo! league. We keep all thirteen of our position players from this year to next year. It doesn't convert into a money league till next year so I can start planning for next season at 1-5.

Any advice as to what types of players I should be looking at in UFA? Doubt I'll be able to improve the team via trade though anyone other than Romo and Jennings is available for the right price.

QB - Romo, Favre (Hasselbeck, among others is on the wire)

RB - Tomlinson, Grant, L.White, F.Taylor, Sproles

WR - Jennings, Chambers, R.Williams, L.Moore

TE - Shockey, Fasano

K - Folk

Oh, we start 2 RB's, 2 WR's and next year we add a RB/WR flex.

So what kind of success is everyone having with their FF teams.

Aside from NJDevs (6-3), I have a 7-2, 6-3, 6-3, 5-4, and 5-4.

I'm actually most happy with my Devs team, it's probably the strongest I have player for player.

Mouahaha,

I'm 2nd (5-3) in my own league,(10team league) and 1st in MantasRavens's league (6-3 and again, a 10team FF league.)

Good start so far :D

In my keeper league, I just made a pretty big trade... I gave him L. Coles, My 1st round draft pick (which will be somebody like a chris chambers or a vincent jackson next year), and my #2 and #3 FA picks in 2010 for TO, Jamal Lewis, and Joey Galloway.

In my keeper league, I just made a pretty big trade... I gave him L. Coles, My 1st round draft pick (which will be somebody like a chris chambers or a vincent jackson next year), and my #2 and #3 FA picks in 2010 for TO, Jamal Lewis, and Joey Galloway.

Out of curiosity, how many keepers do you get in your league?

Out of curiosity, how many keepers do you get in your league?

We have a 16 team league, and we have a generic keeper-league format:

At the beginning of the year, you sign all of your FA pickups to contracts-- your total contract years have to add up to 20, and you can NEVER re-sign a player or give him extra years on his contract.

For instance: 3 years ago, my big FA draftee was Steven Jackson. That offseason, I signed him to a six-year deal, so in 2 years from now, I lose him. Same deal goes with someone like Drew Brees on my team, who now has only 1 year left on his contract-- which means after this year, he goes back into the FA draft pool. Every player on the team is considered someone you need to "keep" if you don't want him in next years draft... So like last year, to start the year, I already had 6 players under contract taking up 16 years; so I had 4 years to distribute to Chad Johnson (my draft choice last year) and Bobby Engram (my second round draft choice last year).

It's confusing the way i explained it.. but it's really simple.

Decisions, Decisions.

Jay Cutler vs. Oakland or Big Ben vs. Cincy? (keep in mind I have both Hines Ward and Brandon Marshall)

And

MJ-D vs. Minnesota (leaning towards no), Ronnie Brown vs. New Engaland, and Marshawn is a lock vs. Kanas City.

If I win, I clinch 2nd.

Decisions, Decisions.

Jay Cutler vs. Oakland or Big Ben vs. Cincy? (keep in mind I have both Hines Ward and Brandon Marshall)

And

MJ-D vs. Minnesota (leaning towards no), Ronnie Brown vs. New Engaland, and Marshawn is a lock vs. Kanas City.

If I win, I clinch 2nd.

Hmmm....I'd go with Cutler because rothlesberger hasn't been playing great, and cutler has the possibility to have a good game. And I'd go with MJD just because the dolphins offense distributes the ball sporadically. Last week, it was all Ricky Williams and no Ronnie Brown, and it was the other way around this week. Its too hard to tell imo.

Hmmm....I'd go with Cutler because rothlesberger hasn't been playing great, and cutler has the possibility to have a good game. And I'd go with MJD just because the dolphins offense distributes the ball sporadically. Last week, it was all Ricky Williams and no Ronnie Brown, and it was the other way around this week. Its too hard to tell imo.

I want to start Big Ben so bad because Cincy is absolute garbage, but a lot of weeks Cutler has singlehandingly carried my team. MJD is going up agianst Minnesota this week and I don't even want to touch that. I'm starting to think more and more Brown cause he always shows up vs. the Pats.

So out of the five non-NJDevs leagues I'm in, I've pretty much clinched the playoffs in four of them. I can clinch a 1st round bye in two leagues by winning out, and the other two are really just for positioning. The fifth one I'm pretty much assed; I need two wins and some help this week from the worst team in the league. Donovan McNabb choked up a big game for me this time. :P

I've basically clinched a first round bye in my league (I need to lose and have the 2nd place team in my division score like 300 pts). I'm 9-3, and riding a 5 game win streak :boogie:

I'm 9-4 in Manta's league,(2nd, but the 1st one is also 9-4 but he has more points lol) and I clinched my playoff spot, while in my own league I'm 2nd with 8-4, not bad.

Compared to last year, which in two of my 10leagues FF I didn't even make the Playoffs,

How are you guys doing in your playoffs?

I got a first rd bye in my league, but then lost in the 2nd rd (I had the 2nd most points scored in the league that week, so...yeah I'm pissed. Both times I played that team he posted 140 something). I'm in the 3rd place game this week. It looks like a pretty good matchup for me, but you never know. Peyton got me 32 last night, so I'm pretty happy with that.

How are you guys doing in your playoffs?

I got a first rd bye in my league, but then lost in the 2nd rd (I had the 2nd most points scored in the league that week, so...yeah I'm pissed. Both times I played that team he posted 140 something). I'm in the 3rd place game this week. It looks like a pretty good matchup for me, but you never know. Peyton got me 32 last night, so I'm pretty happy with that.

In the championship. 4th seed. Beat the 5th, then the 1st. Already up 16 thanks to MJD.

Out of the other five leagues I'm in, I have one that I'm in the championship game against, one where I got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, one where I missed the playoffs, and two (who are stupidly set to go into the 17th week for the finals) where I'm in the second round of the playoffs.

I'm in the finals of both my league..

In the semi-finals, I was leading 70-66, the other guy had still Westbrook to play vs Browns.. I still survived lol, I was like : " Wtf, I'm gonna lose, they're the Browns"

:D

I'm so excited... after 15 years in a league with the same guys and losing in the finals 4 times my squad finally came thru and won the historic Low Country Fantasy Football League. I can finally hold my head high at the draft next year!