2008 Scarlet Knights thread

metallidevils

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that game sucked. Wasted my time to see the game today and they had a great first half of the game, but could not score. Two missed FG and they had a TD that was dropped. It could have easily been 13-0 @ halftime for Rutgers. Second half was just a nightmare. Packed house today, but very dissappointing for Rutgers to lose that game @ home 24-7. It maybe a looooong season for Rutgers football.

Man that game sucked. Wasted my time to see the game today and they had a great first half of the game, but could not score. Two missed FG and they had a TD that was dropped. It could have easily been 13-0 @ halftime for Rutgers. Second half was just a nightmare. Packed house today, but very dissappointing for Rutgers to lose that game @ home 24-7. It maybe a looooong season for Rutgers football.

Don't forget the kick return that they ran for a touchdown only to have it brought back on a penalty.

I guess there's only one relevant Jersey team with a Jersey name left in the state :lol:

Rutgers: The dynasty that never was :P I like Schiano too but man...North Carolina? That program's nothing without Leonard and Ray Rice. And Ryan Hart was still a better QB than Teel.

Edited by Hasan4978

I guess there's only one relevant Jersey team with a Jersey name left in the state :lol:

Rutgers: The dynasty that never was :P I like Schiano too but man...North Carolina? That program's nothing without Leonard and Ray Rice. And Ryan Hart was still a better QB than Teel.

Let's get real here, although North Carolina is not a big school, it certainly is a major program in the NCAA for football, Rutgers, as much as I'd like them to win,( being a Jersey team and all :boogie: ) is hardly recongnized as a football powerhouse, more famous for it's academic merits no ?

Don't be ashamed to lose to a school that has a major program for football, even if that team is considered a small fish when it comes to football.

North Carolina's had some good teams but really they're an average program that'll always be basketball first and everything else second. If Rutgers can't beat mid-level schools like UNC and Fresno State (well they're mid-level plus) at home then how can they ever expect to be a Top 25 team year in, year out?

Or even be a bowl team for that matter, since Rutgers will almost certainly lose to WVA, Louisville, South Florida and probably a couple other 'upset' losses :P

Edited by Hasan4978