SACRE BLEU !! Classic Groundbreaking Movie being remade

El Diablo

linky

"That's what tends to keep my sanity. Aside from that, right now I'm finishing writing the re-make of the iconic hockey movie "Slap Shot" for Universal. I've never had so many people hate me for writing something they haven't seen yet. It's such a classic film and fans of the original feel like I'm grave-robbing or something. But I think the movie will be really fun and will capture what it's like to play minor league hockey in 2008. We haven't set cast yet, so I'll keep you posted as it all goes down." - Peter Steinfeld

This is going to be awful. Just look at the Longest Yard remake or the Bad News Bears remake. They love remaking these sports movies from the 70s with attitude and then sucking all the joy out of them.

I actually thought the longest yard remake was quite funny and much more better then the original

but yeah there's NO WAY this has the edge and over the line moments that the real slapshot had.... god help us all....

Well that in itself would simply save the movie and make it BILLIONS :evil:

And you would be a lock .... what with your scoring exploits from the crease! It would make for some serious drama.

And you would be a lock .... what with your scoring exploits from the crease! It would make for some serious drama.

Hey I'm all for it... be my agent and get this sh!t done!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Further proof that writers these days don't have any original ideas. Comic book movies, movies about comic books that have already had movies made about them, etc.; movies bringing back past glory for Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Willis, etc.; movies from TV shows like Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Transformers, etc.; remaking old sports movies like The Longest Yard, Bad News Bears and now Slapshot?

We endured a writers strike for this? Ugh.

How's your French Canadian accent?

"TRADE ME RIGHT fvckING NOW!"

God, I love that line. Kills me every time.

Further proof that writers these days don't have any original ideas. Comic book movies, movies about comic books that have already had movies made about them, etc.; movies bringing back past glory for Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Willis, etc.; movies from TV shows like Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Transformers, etc.; remaking old sports movies like The Longest Yard, Bad News Bears and now Slapshot?

We endured a writers strike for this? Ugh.

While I agree with you that there are a ton of remakes right now, and not all are great... there are also some phenomenally original movies that have come out in the past few years.

And I think that's the first time I've heard anyone use that line about "enduring a strike" when not referring to the NHL. :)

While I agree with you that there are a ton of remakes right now, and not all are great... there are also some phenomenally original movies that have come out in the past few years.

True, but I feel like the best original movies coming out all (or at least mostly) have Judd Apatow somewhere in the credits. We're down to one original man in all of Hollywood.

And I think that's the first time I've heard anyone use that line about "enduring a strike" when not referring to the NHL. :)

:lol: