Sather Blames Fans

Rock

Sather pins the blame

on Rangers fans

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/s...88p-68084c.html

No further evidence is needed to show how clueless Rangers brass is, but that didn't stop Glen Sather from providing more in an interview with MSG's Sam Rosen.

On "SportsDesk" Saturday night, Sather scapegoated fans, telling Rosen when they boo the Rangers they are hurting the team. Sather said he knew it was "a tough psychological thing" for Rangers loyalists to cheer the team when it is not playing well.

"Well, that's the way it works in sports. You cheer and help the team get better. You boo them, they get worse," Sather said. "It's the same as your children. If you have a child who is having trouble in school and you berate him every day he's never going to get any better. You encourage him. ... he'll get better."

Neither Rosen nor "SportsDesk" anchors Steve Cangialosi and Jenna Wolfe offered commentary on Sather's remarks, which needed to be challenged.

If the real problem is fans booing during six years of Ranger failure, Cablevision should have stopped selling tickets to Rangers games.

Speaking of ducats, any fan who paid through the nose to see gutless/heartless play on a nightly basis had every right to boo.

If Sather was telling the truth, he should have advised fans to boo him. After all, he's the one who has constructed and subsidized The James Dolan Home For Retired Hockey Players. And as far as Sather's comparison of the Rangers to a child's performance in school, well, if your kid was left back six consecutive years you might be inclined to boo him, too.

This is from Bob Raistman TV Sports critic for the Daily News.

Sorry I forgot when our team does bad were supposed to cheer because they gave it a good try. That only makes them play like that night after night. Another horrible comparison by Sather kids and hockey cmon. Someone should beat Sather down like a red headed step child.

I'm one of the first ones to get on the fans when they're too quick to boo or get negative, but of course our last six years have been a little different than the Rag$ last six years ;)

That said this is one of the most pathetic cop-outs I have ever heard and I did hear the Sather interview in question. He blamed anything and everything from the injuries to the fans. Pathetic. The highest payroll in the sport can't make the playoffs six years running and they're reduced to weak excuses. I love it :D

It's a disgrace. The only guy who told it like it was was Holik. He admitted the team was only in the race because of the Islanders' and Bruins' inability to play good hockey.

Personally, I don't want the Rangers making many changes. They don't need to. Overturning their roster is the biggest reason for their playoff misses. There's never any chemistry because of it.

I would like to see them just sign a left wing who can play with Lindros and make a couple of changes to the D.

That's all that needs to be done.

Screw Fedorov. They have three good centers as it is and Fedorov will ask for the moon. Let him get it from Detroit. They don't need him.

Maybe Lou will sign Fedorov......cha... right...and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

The Rangers will never learn. They will get Feds and Hatcher and the vicious cycle of missing the playoffs continues. muhahahahaha