NHL 09

NYCdevil

I am looking forward to possibly picking it up next week. I have 08 and enjoyed it alot.

Wow, they have AHL teams? Nice!

Is it the full Lowell roster, or is it one of those things where they put in a few real guys and then make up the rest of the team?

When you do Be A Player mode you start out in on your teams AHL affiliate. You start on the 3rd O line or 3rd D pair and have to work your way up through the ranks to hit the big club.

It has the full roster. Fedorov is on there even.

Edited by JesterDevil

I think he meant NHL for PC. If so, he's 100% right, cause this game is a total crap and everyone who played more than 20 games should have no problem winning high (really high) against AI.

Yes, I meant EA Sports game for PC. I never played it on other platforms, but this PC game is absolutely worthless

When you do Be A Player mode you start out in on your teams AHL affiliate. You start on the 3rd O line or 3rd D pair and have to work your way up through the ranks to hit the big club.

It has the full roster. Fedorov is on there even.

It's funny, for me, on the AHL team I hated playing on the top line because I felt like Federov and Bergfors were much better helping on offense than Marshall and Pihlman were so it was disappointing to get moved up.

It's funny, for me, on the AHL team I hated playing on the top line because I felt like Federov and Bergfors were much better helping on offense than Marshall and Pihlman were so it was disappointing to get moved up.

Yeah, I'm a Defensive D man. Played 5 games and moved up to the 2nd line with Malmivaara. Haven't played BAP online yet. Is there a free agent way to play where it gives you a random team? Or do you have to play with only people from your "club"?

Those NHL'** are so easy and boring. On the highest difficulty you win 82 regular games and all playoff games by results about 8-1 , 10-2, 7-0 or higher playing 5 min period with the weakest team available.

lol? the only way you can win every game as u claim on the TOP difficulty (ie: Superstar) then u must have no life and play the game all day..

And even if u did that its hard to imagine u going 82-0..

The only thing I wonder about is in these games are there online roster updates that will update throughout the season? It's something I've wondered about since I got NHL 08 last year. I know they won't update the old games (losing them money) but during the title season perhaps?

The only thing I wonder about is in these games are there online roster updates that will update throughout the season? It's something I've wondered about since I got NHL 08 last year. I know they won't update the old games (losing them money) but during the title season perhaps?

Yes. They updated the rosters 4-5 times throughout last season. Only problem is, if you want the change in rosters on your dynasty mode, you'd have to start over.

I played this game yesterday, man that new stick-lift feature on defense is a great addition. I can't believe it took this long for a hockey video game to pay enough attention to defense to finally include something like that. Now there is actually defense other than huge hits and diving poke-checks. They included all the leagues from last year plus the DEL and RSL, and they added some historic teams which was one of my favorite things about 2K a few years ago.

Overall I'd say this game is definitely an improvement over 08, which was pretty damn good itself.

Oh yea and I'm glad they fixed the problem with the only injuries occuring on hip-checks. Man I demolished Morrow in the corner, it was hilarious, he landed on the side of his head.

It also seems like hip-checks happen a lot less often, and they call interference penalties more if you wreck someone who didn't have the puck. That kind of upset me because I used to do that all the time haha but I guess it's more realistic.

It also seems like hip-checks happen a lot less often, and they call interference penalties more if you wreck someone who didn't have the puck. That kind of upset me because I used to do that all the time haha but I guess it's more realistic.

Yeah I used to do that on 1-on-1 chases for the puck in the corner pre-07 days.