NHL 09

NYCdevil

I'm still in Lowell right now on the 1st defensive pair. I'm supposed to be be an offensive defense men, but I only have 3 points in 10 games,lol. My brother is also still in lowell, and about 10 games in to the season. He has a lot more points than I have, but he's a winger. I got to say, its alot of fun, especially with the new defensive features. Have any of you tried the EASHL?

How does this BAP mode look like? What's the camera - is it some overhead or just the standard one? And what happens when it's not your shift and other players play? Do you have to watch the AI playing?

THere are about 8-9 camera angles you can choose from. When you first begin BAP you have the option to play on your guy..play another player as your player sits or something else that I forget.

Nope, sorry. No PSP version this year. I know the PS2 version and PC version are coming out in October. It was also rumored that a Wii version was also in development (a port of the PS2 version.)

Thanks for the info there BC! :) I was hoping for the PSP, but looks like I have to get it for the PC now. :saddevil: Maybe later on they may make it for the PSP? :noclue:

About to go into thee Western Conference Finals with the San Jose Sharks. Started out with thir AHL team and after 16 games got called up. I'm a snipeing center. Skimmed through part of the season and got put down to to 3rd line for part oft he season. Mostly playing 2nd line and sometimes 1st. I'll win the Calder Trophy cause im the sh!t''. 47 goals and 3_ some-odd assits in the NHL throughout 68 games or something.

In my game, The Pens traded Crosby to St. Louis for Eric Brewer & Andy McDonald.

I dunno if any draft picks were involved :giggle:, but it must've happened while I was in Lowell and I wasnt paying attention to transactions, but Im playing f'in Pittsburgh and am like wheres Crosby, he must be hurt, but hes not on their roster but Brewer is, so I look on St. Louis and theres Crosby.

I hate when games make unrealistic trades, but I did laugh out loud when I saw this.

In my game, The Pens traded Crosby to St. Louis for Eric Brewer & Andy McDonald.

I dunno if any draft picks were involved :giggle:, but it must've happened while I was in Lowell and I wasnt paying attention to transactions, but Im playing f'in Pittsburgh and am like wheres Crosby, he must be hurt, but hes not on their roster but Brewer is, so I look on St. Louis and theres Crosby.

I hate when games make unrealistic trades, but I did laugh out loud when I saw this.

Sometime last year, I was playing my franchise on NHL 08, and the following trade went through....

Toronto gets... Sean Avery, Henrik Lundqvist, and Lauri Korpikoski.

NYR gets... Andrew Raycroft, Carlo Colaiacovo, and Alexei Ponikarovsky.

BEST TRADE EVER (for the Devils).

HAHA awsome just played my first game after being called up by the Devils andlike many others it was against the Rangers. I scored all three of our goals in regulation for the hattrick and then assisted on the patrik elias snipe shot in OT over a typically butterflying Henrik Lundquvist.

Awsome feature I have noticed so far, the game appears to include player personallities and I dont just mean like Pando and Madden being great at intersepting passes and sending them the other way (they are btw). I mean that on ever single faceoffs that Holik is in the circle against Gomez he wins the draw and then knocks Gomez on his ass haha. It makes me happy every time and keeps me hopeful that penalties or no, Holik will do this in real life this year :boogie:

oh why oh why did it HAVE to be Thorne and Clemement doing the play by play... I know I can turn it off, but it only reminds me how intolerable ESPN was as a hockey network :P

OH BIG SAVE... the puck lamely bounces off the pad!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Awsome feature I have noticed so far, the game appears to include player personallities and I dont just mean like Pando and Madden being great at intersepting passes and sending them the other way (they are btw). I mean that on ever single faceoffs that Holik is in the circle against Gomez he wins the draw and then knocks Gomez on his ass haha. It makes me happy every time and keeps me hopeful that penalties or no, Holik will do this in real life this year :boogie:

What's the difference, they both have JUDAS written all over their faces. ;)

The PC did another stupid trade in my Be A Pro season. I played Dallas today and f'in Phaneuf is on the Stars and it obviously happened a while ago as I couldnt find the transaction as it only goes back a month in the game. The salary cap has got to be playing into the AI for the PC to make these wacky deals. Crosby is a Blue (and they still suck) and Phaneuf is a Star, all in my first season in the game lol.

I could at least tell who Pittsburgh got for Crosby, but I looked at Calgary's roster and I can't tell lol.

Edited by ghdi