Discount Ticket Offers '08-'09

thelastonealive

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone hook me up with some info on how to get some tickets for $38 via that mail in offer thing. Like address or whatever I need.

I just updated the PDF file link because it looks like it was down. If the link doesn't work, go to devilsfanclub.org and find it on the main page there.

Side note: It says "Order online (link available soon) or drop off your order form at our Game Night Table during pre-season games.", so it looks like you may have some more choices than just mailing it in.

Hey did anyone get their tickets yet from the mail in offer?

It may take a while. Last year I think I had to pick them up at the box office. Which sucked to stand in that damn line for will call. (Tho I did see Kevin Smith walk in the side VIP door!) LOL

Why don't you just mail the order in?

K.. so I was at the Fanclub meeting tonight and was told the reason why there aren't any codes popping up.. apparently due to last year's use of the codes by those other than the groups they were intended for (i.e. them being shared all over the boards) they are trying to come up with ways to make it harder to use them. That's why the fanclub used a mail-in order form for the tickets on opening night. It was mentioned that other groups are trying to find other similar ways to prevent mis-use of their group codes... (one example given that say verizon had a deals for their employees.. tickets could only be ordered using a verizon employee email addy). So they're going to screw us instead of allow more people to go to games... stupid move if you ask me but I can understand it.. I know there were some that bitched about paying their reg price only to see people sitting there that paid half price.

At any rate.. if you are planning on getting tickets thru the fanclub order form do it NOW!! Sales will be cut off the end of next week!!!!! Download the form and get your money in!

K.. so I was at the Fanclub meeting tonight and was told the reason why there aren't any codes popping up.. apparently due to last year's use of the codes by those other than the groups they were intended for (i.e. them being shared all over the boards) they are trying to come up with ways to make it harder to use them. That's why the fanclub used a mail-in order form for the tickets on opening night. It was mentioned that other groups are trying to find other similar ways to prevent mis-use of their group codes... (one example given that say verizon had a deals for their employees.. tickets could only be ordered using a verizon employee email addy). So they're going to screw us instead of allow more people to go to games... stupid move if you ask me but I can understand it.. I know there were some that bitched about paying their reg price only to see people sitting there that paid half price.

At any rate.. if you are planning on getting tickets thru the fanclub order form do it NOW!! Sales will be cut off the end of next week!!!!! Download the form and get your money in!

Oh fer chrissakes.

Y'know, it wasn't just us. Devils ticket window employees were giving out codes too. My father tried to use a State Employee one my mother got through her job, found it had expired, called the box office, and they gave him a boy scout code to use, plus like three others for later games.

If this is true, they're bloody insane.

WHAT THE HELL.

It's not even like all the seats were being taken. Ugh. I'm so upset if this is true.

Oh fer chrissakes.

Y'know, it wasn't just us. Devils ticket window employees were giving out codes too. My father tried to use a State Employee one my mother got through her job, found it had expired, called the box office, and they gave him a boy scout code to use, plus like three others for later games.

If this is true, they're bloody insane.

This is probably part of the reason why you're not going to get codes anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sponsors pay for a portion of the tickets sold under the codes, unless it's charitable by the Devils (I guess a fan club deal would be so), right?

Well, if so, it's pretty easy to figure out why they would be pissed off when 500 people punch their code instead of, say the 25 they intended.

I wouldn't get too upset yet. I mean, it does suck, but I'm sure we'll find ways around it.

Yeah it does suck. Guess I should look into a partial plan now.. I didn't realize that the sponsor of the group deal had to pay a portion of the ticket.. oops! I always wondered how that kinda worked?! LMAO I can understand why a ton of other people using the codes then would piss a lot of sponsors off. Tho I don't think I took advantage of many offers last season since they're all for upstairs seats and most of the peeps I went to CAA with the season before Newark hate upstairs seating now. I wonder if that's why they lowered the ticket prices over all for season buyers... to try to entice those of us who used the codes to buy real tickets if they were more reasonably priced?

But yeah.. if you want opening night tix.. use the fanclub order form but do it by the end of next week when they cut off sales for it!! I can't go, gotta be in A.C. for a work thing.. :( (If only the Devs had put the new schedule up before I had to book A.C. I wouldn't have agreed to go! RATS!! :noclue: )

I wouldn't get too upset yet. I mean, it does suck, but I'm sure we'll find ways around it.

That's the right attitude. When they still played at CAA, my friend and I used to hang around outside the entrances asking anyone and everyone if they had any extra tickets. And nine times out of 10, we would get great seats for cheap. Even during the playoffs.

That's the right attitude. When they still played at CAA, my friend and I used to hang around outside the entrances asking anyone and everyone if they had any extra tickets. And nine times out of 10, we would get great seats for cheap. Even during the playoffs.

Yeah I did that with a friend last season for a couple of games.. even got tix for free sometimes like that!

I got my Opening Night tix tonight. I can't believe how good they are.

105 (where the Devils shoot twice)

Row 7 (Pretty far down)

Seats 1-4 (Aisle Seats!)

Woo! Where did everyone else get?

frack I should have gotten tickets through this.

Hopefully my Seton Hall friends will get deals again.

EDIT: OK I shouldn't have gotten tickets because the 10th is my girlfriend's birthday and she doesn't want to go to opening night FOR SOME REASON. Why am I dating this girl?

Edited by Cowutopia

Got mine today!

Sec 106 , Row 6 seats 3-9 :dance:

I CANT WAIT! I'm trying my damnedest that day to bring an airhorn or two and be "goal horn after the goal horn guy"

Like it or not, I want that damn crown loud as heck that night.

Glad I'll have another loud fan just two rows behind me. My one buddy has been shopping high and low for one of those plastic horns you see at games from time to time. Between that, your air horn, and the general excitement for Opening Night, this should be a hell of a good loud time.

OT: Didn't think this was worth a new thread but I am trying to get 3 $25 seats for opening night. I know tickets from ticketmaster get dropped periodically and I was wondering if anyone remembered what the trend for that was like last year? I'm really hoping to score these tickets so I don't have to wait out in Newark all day for $10 seats.

K so i got this email today... I guess this is how they're getting around offer codes this season!

>>>New Jersey Devils Group Sales has sent you an invitation. AAA Members have been offered special group tickets. $65 Balcony seats are only $35!

Event Date Promotion Offer

Devils vs Islanders Fri 10/10/08 AAA Members Find Tickets

To claim your tickets to this offer, please go to this link

Hope to see you there!

Signed,

New Jersey Devils Group Sales>>>

Offer Expires In 11 days>

it goes to a separate link.. and automatically pulled my email addy. I didn't sign up since I can't go and I'm hesitant to post the link for fear of getting 'black listed' for future games should it be some sort of new security feature to catch people passing offers around.. I could buy some tix for people if anyone wants me too and meet up with them prior to game day so long as they mail them out (can't do Will Call because i will be in A.C. that friday afternoon). If anyone is interested, I made an account for future use. They allow up to 20 tickets to be purchased so i put in 5 to see how good they were and they came up with sec 105 row 6... :P It looks like they are using the same system as season ticket holders log into now and they can be printed from home... So if anyone is interested get in touch!

>>>>Access the Offer

First time here? Sign up for an account now to access the special offer.

E-mail Address:

xxxxxxxx@aol.com

If you think you have created an account before contact a a team representative at Contact Us.<<<<

Edited by JerseyGirl71

Ugh, this is killin' me. I really think this is an awful idea on the Devils' end, even if they are losing money on the ticket prices (which I doubt), bodies in the building means people buying food, drink, and merchandise. There has to be a better way to make sure the groups don't get screwed but still allow for more people to get access to discounted seats.

Interestingly, I'm a AAA member and didn't receive the offer. I wonder if I'm blacklisted. :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.