Sign in to follow this  
MB3

GDT Numero UNO: New Jersey @ Philadelphia

Martin is probably a better puck-mover than Mottau. Let Martin play one point on the PP, and let Rolston be on the other as the featured shot.

He undoubtedly is, but I want Martin shooting more than Mottau. And if u have Martin/Rolston on 1 unit they are not both getting shots, its going to be Rolston with the majority of the set-ups.

Its not like its written in stone either, Im sure 100% Martin will play with Rolston as the other pointman for many games. Its not like Mottau-Rolston is gonna click on every PP

Edited by nmigliore

He undoubtedly is, but I want Martin shooting more than Mottau. And if u have Martin/Rolston on 1 unit they are not both getting shots, its going to be Rolston with the majority of the set-ups.

Its not like its written in stone either, Im sure 100% Martin will play with Rolston as the other pointman for many games. Its not like Mottau-Rolston is gonna click on every PP

Fair enough. I think it really comes down to deciding if you want to load up the first PP unit, or have 2 balanced units.

Does anyone know where I can go to see Vrana's goal? The Flyers webcast did not work for me, and the highlights on CSN Philly only showed the Flyers goals.

One of Mottau's best, but seldom-mentioned attributes, is he keeps the puck in the zone better than any of our defenseman on the PP.

One of Mottau's best, but seldom-mentioned attributes, is he keeps the puck in the zone better than any of our defenseman on the PP.

Yeah.

And Martin's a terrible shooter (and he rarely shoots), and Mottau's just as good as a passer, and Rolston or Elias can take the puck up the ice on the first unit.

It's only one game so I can't get too worked up. Looking forward to Tomorrow night when its broadcast on MSG(gag)+

It's only one game so I can't get too worked up. Looking forward to Tomorrow night when its broadcast on MSG(gag)+

Cool, does that mean we get to see Al Trautwig in between periods!