The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

• 3 weeks later...

anyone getting anything from the meigray holiday sale?!

Think I'm going to pick something up. Torn on this aspect of the sale:

Buy one regular-season or playoffs game-worn jersey from 2002-03 through 2011-12 at regular price. GET ONE OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE FREE

....or

Take 40% off any one regular-season or playoffs game-worn jersey from 2002-03 through 2011-12.

Think I'm going to pick something up. Torn on this aspect of the sale:

Buy one regular-season or playoffs game-worn jersey from 2002-03 through 2011-12 at regular price. GET ONE OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE FREE

....or

Take 40% off any one regular-season or playoffs game-worn jersey from 2002-03 through 2011-12.

basically 50% off i think they allow you to partner up with someone and do this .. so i read on gameworn.net anyway.. i may be interested in buying something also if you think you may want to partner up and the the 50% off shoot me a pm to see if what were each interested in is of the same value

• 3 weeks later...

im thinking of getting a jersey that's still on the player as of right now.... i would like to try and photo match it. how would you go about  it? 2 would you get a jersey of a player that may or may not be on the team after next year?

if your making an investment to buy a game worn jersey of a certain player i would make sure you were buying a player that you like enough to where as it shouldnt matter where they are down the road.. i bought my clarkson gamer this past summer knowing there was a good chance that he wouldnt be on the team any longer and it turned out we lost him.. however he was still one of my favorite players and i wanted a piece of history from his time on the team.. which is why i bought it for myself.

im thinking of getting a jersey that's still on the player as of right now.... i would like to try and photo match it. how would you go about  it? 2 would you get a jersey of a player that may or may not be on the team after next year?

Regarding photomatching the jersey, you're best bet is to check the Meigray population report to find the dates that the jersey you want to buy was worn:

populationreports.weebly.com

Once you find the dates, you can search Getty Images for photos of the player for the games he wore the jersey:

http://www.gettyimages.com/

You will be able to download the preview image on Getty Images for free. The problem, however, occurs when you actually want to BUY one of the photos (which I posted another thread about). Each image costs $200+ even though it's for personal use. I don't know about you, but I'd rather use $200+ for another gamer than for a photo...

• 2 weeks later...

I recoil in horror when I see things like this written below, from a member on another very popular Devils forum from last night:

"I have been tossing this around in my head for a while and would like to hear some opinions. Do you guys think it would be weird to buy a gameicon1.png worn jersey of one player and strip it for another player?"

I recoil in horror when I see things like this written below, from a member on another very popular Devils forum from last night:

"I have been tossing this around in my head for a while and would like to hear some opinions. Do you guys think it would be weird to buy a gameicon1.png worn jersey of one player and strip it for another player?"

someone is going to get big time screwed with this somewhere down the line

Nice one Gabe! I am the original owener of this one and worked with Geoff on authenticating it as many people were not aware of the late delivery of the 85/6 set. It does have an autograph removed. It was the only shirt I ever got autographed and was removed after I sold it many years ago.

I just added a 86/7 home Kirk McLean - light wear as he only played 3 games (just over 100 minutes) in it but still a cool shirt. Tough set.

Nice one Gabe! I am the original owener of this one and worked with Geoff on authenticating it as many people were not aware of the late delivery of the 85/6 set. It does have an autograph removed. It was the only shirt I ever got autographed and was removed after I sold it many years ago.

I just added a 86/7 home Kirk McLean - light wear as he only played 3 games (just over 100 minutes) in it but still a cool shirt. Tough set.

Wait a sec. Does that mean that Oldtimer is Chico...?

Cool shirt because of the patch but just a little worried as it has little wear (thought admittedly he did play only a couple games that year) and no COA.  Might be a CC Special so I would ask around before bidding on this (I won't be in case any were wondering).

What do some of the more experienced GW people think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121253327137?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_196wt_922

is this jason? haha

Cool shirt because of the patch but just a little worried as it has little wear (thought admittedly he did play only a couple games that year) and no COA.  Might be a CC Special so I would ask around before bidding on this (I won't be in case any were wondering).

What do some of the more experienced GW people think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121253327137?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_196wt_922

you may have to ask the other game worn collectors.

i remember there being a niedermayer jersey on ebay from the same year, set and color which drew some red flags as well

you may have to ask the other game worn collectors.

i remember there being a niedermayer jersey on ebay from the same year, set and color which drew some red flags as well

Yeah I mean since that player only played 2 games that year, it makes sense it has little to no wear.  However, that makes it primed to be a CC Special and without a COA I would stay away.

If real though, it could be a nice little gem.

anyone know if the prices for the stadium series jerseys are going to be the same price as normal game worns? i know they are a special thing and part of history but they are only being worn for the 2nd period.

No meigray already has prices for them as they have the 2nd period jerseys. There will be a new set for each period so expect little to no wear.

Lowest are carter and bernier for $1500 and high is brodeur for $7500

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.