The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NEW JIM DOWD JERSEY ON ITS WAY!

CCM, Maska Air-Knit, Size ?, 75th Patch, Recycled Doug Brown, Chopped Nameplate,  Shows very good overall wear with unrepaired holes and stick marks throughout.

Jimmy made his NHL Debut on March 26, 1992 wearing this jersey.  A 4-2 win over Boston.  The one and only game he played in that first season for the Devils and his first of 827 career NHL games.  Martin Brodeur also made his NHL debut that night for the Devils and picked up his first career win on his way to setting the NHL career record.  The jersey itself is a great example of how frugal teams used to be.  Instead of making a new jersey for one game, they took a Doug Brown from a previous year, chopped the "BR" and "N" off the nameplate and added a couple of "D's".  They removed the "2's" from Browns's 24 and added "3's".  They slapped on the 75th patch and a new jersey for Dowd. 

Dowd92DevilsFront_zpspryximkz.jpeg

Dowd92DevilsBack_zps5pywqqgh.jpeg

Edited by DiKFeR

• 2 weeks later...

its been a little slow on the forum lately and im bored.. so just figured id share my last pick up since i never posted any pictures or anything.. my 12-13 red set 1 Travis Zajac jersey.. have it photo matched from the black marking on the crest to several pictures.. also have it matched to a few repairs on the sleeves but the black mark on the crest is most distinct.

post-7378-0-30747600-1400190047_thumb.jp

post-7378-0-23280200-1400190059_thumb.jp

post-7378-0-01881200-1400190096_thumb.jp

post-7378-0-46327900-1400190137_thumb.jp

someone just got a good deal on the elias stadium series period one jersey that just ended in auction.. less than a thousand dollars...and the henrique went for like one thousand and one dollars.. anyone on here get them?

someone just got a good deal on the elias stadium series period one jersey that just ended in auction.. less than a thousand dollars...and the henrique went for like one thousand and one dollars.. anyone on here get them?

I am the lucky winner of the josefson one for $580 (before fees).

NEW JIM DOWD JERSEY ON ITS WAY!

CCM, Maska Air-Knit, Size ?, 75th Patch, Recycled Doug Brown, Chopped Nameplate,  Shows very good overall wear with unrepaired holes and stick marks throughout.

Jimmy made his NHL Debut on March 26, 1992 wearing this jersey.  A 4-2 win over Boston.  The one and only game he played in that first season for the Devils and his first of 827 career NHL games.  Martin Brodeur also made his NHL debut that night for the Devils and picked up his first career win on his way to setting the NHL career record.  The jersey itself is a great example of how frugal teams used to be.  Instead of making a new jersey for one game, they took a Doug Brown from a previous year, chopped the "BR" and "N" off the nameplate and added a couple of "D's".  They removed the "2's" from Browns's 24 and added "3's".  They slapped on the 75th patch and a new jersey for Dowd. 

Dowd92DevilsFront_zpspryximkz.jpeg

Dowd92DevilsBack_zps5pywqqgh.jpeg

That is really awesome, and it's very interesting to see how they did it, using the old Brown jersey. Thanks for sharing.

MFITZ804

Thanks!

The Devils did some crazy stuff back then. One year they added inserts on the sleeves to make using hockey socks. I have a Huscroft from 1989-90 that looks like it had two previous nameplates. It was two sets of jerseys back then. Not like what teams or players are wearing today.

Edited by DiKFeR

Yeah the devils, as well as a lot of teams, did a ton of recycling back in those days to keep costs down. Also back then game used jerseys were not big business then so jerseys were not looked upon as capital assets. The only reason the devils wear two sets now is because meigray put it in their contract to have three sets to make sure there is a decent amount available every season but also that not too many are available to depress values. When rangers switched their game worn contract from meigray to Steiner before the 2010-11 season (I believe it was in that summer if I recall) Steiner now has the rangers wear five sets for sure of just the regular homes and always and not counting their third jerseys. That means at least six sets per player per season. That's 12 jerseys a player per year!

I also have a game worn huscroft but a late 80's utica one. The name plate has been removed but if you hold it up to the light you can see the outline of the letters and can see the H and the U pretty well. Not only that but there are signs that at least two different nameplates were on the jersey so they did it a ton on that level too.

Latest acquisition:

Martin Brodeur Game Used March 15,2008 against Colorado. Win #534. Photo & Video matched. The photo he signed is 16x20.

Brodeur%20Full%20Stick_zpsc6izwuzv.jpg

Brodeur%20Knob%20Match_zpsslukzwh2.jpg

vid%20match_zpsprw7rhlh.jpg

Brodeur%20Stick%20Match%201_zpsmoilo7ot.

Brodeur%20Stick%20Match%202_zpseiuf790e.

Brodeur%2016x20%20Photo_zpsavgbl5p9.jpg

Edited by DiKFeR

I'm high bidder! Don't try to out bid me. I'm ready to go about $250,000.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=78&lotid=1

lol of course it's from the Shawn Chaulk collection.  Is there any piece of Gretzky memorabilia he doesn't have?

Seriously that thing will go for mint (it already is) but if it sells for less than $250k I will be shocked.  That's not even including the 19.5% hammer fee on top of that which the buyer will also have to pay (which is $48,750.00 if it sells for $250k).  Some people just have really deep pockets and I hope whoever wins it preserves it as best and he/she can or possibly have it on display at a museum for others to enjoy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.