The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

I got the Greene.

Funny thing is Zids was my 2nd choice and Ryder my third. When I saw at 8 that Greene was already over 450 I turned my attention to Zid and put a bid in. Then when there was less than 5 min left and Greene was still 520, I went for it and got it. If I didn't get Greene I would have went hard after Zids lol.

Gionta is just one of those jerseys who has a really devoted following and they go for stupid money. For a guy who is a borderline NHLer I don't really get it myself but it is what it is. I used to feel and think the same way about clarkson jerseys but not as extreme as Gio. Gelinas also went for more than what I thought he should have and same with Schneider since that was just bench worn.

That's awesome. Congrats on getting the Greene and thanks for not continuing to bid on Zids haha. It was def a fun auction and I agree that there were some jerseys that went a little high. My second choice was Clowe but I didn't go too hard after it cause Ive been looking into a Zidlicky one for a while. I'm actually surprised that Elias went for under $1000.

That's awesome. Congrats on getting the Greene and thanks for not continuing to bid on Zids haha. It was def a fun auction and I agree that there were some jerseys that went a little high. My second choice was Clowe but I didn't go too hard after it cause Ive been looking into a Zidlicky one for a while. I'm actually surprised that Elias went for under $1000.

lol no problem and looking at the final prices Zids was by far the best value (at least in my opinion).  For some reason his jerseys are just not that popular and even his SS jersey went only up to the $500 range.  To compare with Gionta who went for OVER $1000 is nuts.

I am surprised about Elias too, especially since he actually scored a goal in the retro game.  His 1st period SS jersey also went for a tiny bit under $1000 (I think about 980 if I remember right) as well so there is definitely a pattern.

Yeah I'm really happy mine was kept at a decent price. I had been watching the auction all week and thought prices were gonna be kept pretty decent. I thought most of them went for a good price.

It actually nice to see Elias jerseys come down a little. I've wanted one for my collection and the price on Meigray is just too steep for me.

Yeah I'm really happy mine was kept at a decent price. I had been watching the auction all week and thought prices were gonna be kept pretty decent. I thought most of them went for a good price.

It actually nice to see Elias jerseys come down a little. I've wanted one for my collection and the price on Meigray is just too steep for me.

Yeah plus it was helped by that Classic Auctions just ended and Gameworn Auctions just started.  People are either saving or a little less rich than if this was held in say April.  I watched since about October 30th and most didn't have a bid until about a week ago.  This really wasn't publicized much either.

Elias jerseys are usually listed at $995 on Meigray.  I made an offer for an Elias gamer for a significant amount lower than $995 and Meigray accepted (also probably helped that I paid cash).

True. I'm only a Devils jersey collector so I thought both auctions were weak for me. Lots of great resale jerseys out there from dealers. Would have tried to get a few of those if I didn't win the auction.

I've never dealt with Meigray. I couldn't find anything on the summer sale and not sure what the Black Friday sale holds ahead. I've never made an offer. I just figured that most of the prices are so high that they would never be able to come down enough for me to buy.

True. I'm only a Devils jersey collector so I thought both auctions were weak for me. Lots of great resale jerseys out there from dealers. Would have tried to get a few of those if I didn't win the auction.

I've never dealt with Meigray. I couldn't find anything on the summer sale and not sure what the Black Friday sale holds ahead. I've never made an offer. I just figured that most of the prices are so high that they would never be able to come down enough for me to buy.

Most likely the Black Friday Sale will be the same as the Summer Sale.  The big discount is for Meigray/NHL program jerseys from 12-13 (I am assuming this is the starting season based on past sales) and prior.  The discount is either 40% off list or Buy one at full price, get the second one of equal or lesser value free.  I got my Elias at pretty much the summer sale price but in March.  The worst they can say to an offer is no.  I also saved some money as I picked it up at their office and saved on shipping fees since I live about 15 minutes from their offices/warehouse.

The Classic Auctions and now Game Worn Auctions were pretty light on the Devils stuff this time around so yeah I agree with you there.

Damn that's awesome. That's a really good price you got. Little jealous. Not gonna lie haha. I live in Nashville so i have never made it to the warehouse to see what they have and deal with them in person. I'm sure it's way cooler to do it like that. Maybe if I can save a few bucks between now and a month I can grab something reasonable from them on the holiday sale. I'm always wanting to add to my collection.

Most likely the Black Friday Sale will be the same as the Summer Sale.  The big discount is for Meigray/NHL program jerseys from 12-13 (I am assuming this is the starting season based on past sales) and prior.  The discount is either 40% off list or Buy one at full price, get the second one of equal or lesser value free.  I got my Elias at pretty much the summer sale price but in March.  The worst they can say to an offer is no.  I also saved some money as I picked it up at their office and saved on shipping fees since I live about 15 minutes from their offices/warehouse.

The Classic Auctions and now Game Worn Auctions were pretty light on the Devils stuff this time around so yeah I agree with you there.

You can get the sale price year round. I have never had them turn me down no matter what time of the year it is. 

In case anyone is interested, here is the full final selling prices for the 2014 Retro Night jerseys auction:

John Merrill - $625.55
Mark Fayne - $340.00
Eric Gelinas - $675.00
Steve Bernier - $320.00
Damien Brunner - $577.00
Ryan Clowe - $440.00
Stephen Gionta - $1,220.00
Ryan Carter - $250.00
Andy Greene - $540.00
Patrik Elias - $810.00
Martin Brodeur - $5,721.00
Peter Harrold - $270.00
Dainius Zubrus - $462.00
Adam Henrique - $1,020.00
Cory Schneider (Backup) - $594.00
Marak Zidlicky - $380.00
Anton Volchenkov - $250.00
Travis Zajac - $740.00
Jaromir Jagr - $2,842.22
Tuomo Ruutu - $475.00
Bryce Salvador - $470.00
Michael Ryder - $522.00
Jacob Josefson - $450.45
Tim Sestito - $300.00

definently dont be afraid to make meigray an offer if they have something you want at any time of the year! ..they are kind of hounds with some of their pricing and its a bit ridiculous but the jerseys that ive bought from them and then jerseys that they didnt budge for me on i have always made an offer and its usually around what ever the sale price of the summer sale would be on the shirt.. ive never seen them come below that before.. but as i continue on with my jersey journey iam steering myself as far away from meigray as possible due to their sh!t pricing.. you just dont come close to getting your money back if you buy a jersey from them than want to sell.

iam steering myself as far away from meigray as possible due to their sh!t pricing.. you just dont come close to getting your money back if you buy a jersey from them than want to sell.

If you're looking at your jerseys as an investment, you're approaching it all wrong. Only the big names will ever work out as an investment in terms of getting your money back or making money. Everything else, you'll lose money on if you sell. Collect for the enjoyment of it, not to make money. 

If you're looking at your jerseys as an investment, you're approaching it all wrong. Only the big names will ever work out as an investment in terms of getting your money back or making money. Everything else, you'll lose money on if you sell. Collect for the enjoyment of it, not to make money.

certainly not buying to expect to make a single dollar... but when i buy something i want it to atleast hold its value i expect to get what i paid for back out of it or close to what i paid for other wise its clearly not a wise purchase.. is how i see it anyway..so i try not to buy anything that may end up that way.

Buying from meigray during one of their sales is usually the best way to go as that's when the prices are closer to what they are on the open market.

Also the auctions can be a good place to snag a jersey. Those usually are also more in line with the market as well but not all the time. Hell the Stadium Series auctions really showed what a difference there was between the asking prices for the meigray set and the NHL sets that were auctioned off

Buying from meigray during one of their sales is usually the best way to go as that's when the prices are closer to what they are on the open market.

Also the auctions can be a good place to snag a jersey. Those usually are also more in line with the market as well but not all the time. Hell the Stadium Series auctions really showed what a difference there was between the asking prices for the meigray set and the NHL sets that were auctioned off

exactly.. like how meigray is trying to sell a bernier SS jersey for $1,500..LOL! someone should get smacked in the face over there..thieves.

exactly.. like how meigray is trying to sell a bernier SS jersey for $1,500..LOL! someone should get smacked in the face over there..thieves.

While their pricing can be wonky, I wouldn't go so far as to call them theives. Soon enough those SS jerseys will be on sale too and will bring the price down a bit to where people will snag them.

I always keep reminding myself that meigray is a business and not a collector. They have to pay for overhead and pay for a full staff where this business is their job and puts food on their table. Can't really fault them for trying to make more money. They are not collectors who are usually trying to move jerseys just to liquidate or to get additional funding for other jerseys. I guess he fair criticism towards them that I have is that I wish they would re-evaluate some of the pricing of their older jerseys (which is funny because I said the same thing a few months ago about josefson and tedenby jerseys being a bit high and since then I have seen at least josefson jerseys being reduced).

Also in their defense their authentication is really second to none. Could also be A LOT worse like with steiner that has the Rangers wear 5-6 sets a year and theirs start at $700 for scrub players and rarely have sales.

I may or may not do the Meigray holiday sale.  I am really on the fence with it.  I think it end on the 19th so the Monday before that I will decide and see what is available and what my funds look like.  Starting next year I am going to scale back on my gamers (basically buy zero) for at least the first 6 months so this might be my last hurrah before then haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.