The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

You're always adding something awesome to your collection. 

i saw your Carter jersey from the Nieds retirement game. It is a sweet jersey. I know the Broduer ones will go crazy. Can't spend that much on a one game jersey. 

Im excited the retro jerseys will be worn in two games this year. Hopefully they have some more wear on them.

• 1 month later...

Nice!  I have contemplated getting one of the retro helmets and/or gloves Meigray have but I really don't want to start getting into equipment.  IDK I have a feeling I would lose interest in that quickly and get stuck with it.

My last update was about mid to late August.  Since then I have gotten the following:

1991-93 Dave Barr pre-season (evidence on jersey pointing towards a recycled Shanahan pre-season worn)

1992-93 Randy McKay Red Set 2 - autographed

1994-95 Mike Peluso Red Set 1 (restored nameplate as it was recycled into a Sharifijanov) - Photomatched

1998-99 John Madden Red set 1 - First NHL game / first NHL point

2001-02 Sergei Brylin Red set 2

2003-04 Igor Larionov Red preseason - photomatched

2003-04 Grant Marshall White set 3

2006-07 Andy Greene AHL All Star Classic Planet USA period 2 - autographed

2007-08 White Set 1 Andy Greene - photomatched to 2 hockey cards

2008 Andy Greene Rookie Development camp (he wasn't a rookie but took part in scrimmages as he was around the facility working out)

2011-12 Petr Sykora White Set 2

2013-14 Andy Greene White set 2 with "A"

2014-15 Andy Greene Red Set 3 with "A"

Wow. Those are amazing additions! That's awesome. Very happy for you. 

Maybe you could answer this question for me since I'm still kinda new to collecting. What's the best way to go about finding older players jerseys? Someone that I can't find on Meigray. Is it best to post an ad on hockey collector website or is it pretty much who you know? I have a few players from the past that I would love for my collection but they just never seem to pop up til after you tell me about your new additions haha. 

Best way to find the older stuff is from other collectors.  Dealers like Iceviolence has some older stuff too, but I am either not interested in them or find their prices a bit high.  Another avenue is through auctions such as eBay, Classic Auctions or Game Worn Auctions.  Out of the 13 jerseys I listed above about 10 of them I got through deals or trades with other collectors.  You meet them on Facebook groups, on forums, through expos, etc.  The Larionov for example was posted in a Facebook group and I was able to grab it.  Other jerseys were offered to me by other collectors privately because they knew I would be interested in it.  A couple of jerseys I just put it out there that I am looking for them or something like them.

Quite frankly finding older Devils jerseys have gotten pretty hard.  I see posts on other forums and on here from 2008-2012/13 and there was a pretty good selection of stuff floating around.  It's as if in the last 1.5-2 years the older Devils stuff has just dried up.  Even Game Worn Auctions and Classic Auctions have been pretty barren of Devils stuff in the last couple of years outside of only a handful of really high end or really low end stuff.

Edited by DevsMan84

I'm seeing that too. Much harder to find the older stuff. All of the older jerseys I've gotten are through collectors. I always check the auctions but haven't had any luck in those. I'm always looking out for something to add to the collection. I guess what I can't find I can't spend money on haha. I appreciate your advice and opinion on things. I'll just keep keeping my eyes open for some stuff from the past!!

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Meigray population report, it is a 2003-04 white set 3 that was game issued to Mike Rupp.  Therefore it was never worn by him.

Looks like after it sold from Meigray someone slapped on a 2003 SCF patch incorrectly.  At this point you would be buying a customized authentic of Mike Rupp with a 2003 SCF patch.  Up to you if you want to take it but me personally I wouldn't want it at $300 or at any price at all.

• 1 month later...

From what I have heard, the Devils haven't gotten them out yet.  Apparently, since the period 1 and warmups were auctioned by the Devils and not Meigray, the Devils will be sending their own LOA and they want the player who wore the jerseys to sign the LOA's.  Since they are on a road trip and busy with stuff at the end of the season, it might take a bit to get them to sit down and sign the LOA's.

With the prices those jerseys went for I am glad I didn't bid on any of them.  I am not paying $715 for a Kalinin worn in 1 period or in warmups with little to no wear because of a patch.  Outside of Retro Night I am done with specialty night gamers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thread has been quiet for too long - figured I'd share my latest acquisition. It's not a Devils gamer though - I made the purchase because I think Sherbrooke Phoenix (QMJHL) have one of the best jerseys in hockey. The player is Daniel Audette, a 2014 5th round pick by the Habs.

So, anyone else acquire any new gamers recently, Devils or otherwise? Anyone looking to sell anything? 

image.jpg

Edited by hoekster316

That's a great jersey. They have s really cool logo! Nice pickup!

I haven't picked up much lately. I won the Kalinin retro from this past auction. I really liked how hard he plays. He really grew on me as the season went on. Other then that just a Colin White game used stick. He's one of my all time favorites. 

I'm not selling anything at the moment. Currently looking for Devils gamers with patches or either an A or C on them. Also wouldn't mind finding an Oduya for the collection as well. 

Since it's been a while, here has been my latest Game used pickups:

76-77 (first year) Larry Skinner Colorado Rockies White set 1 game worn jersey - Had this authenticated by Meigray.  Also found out that Larry Skinner scored the first goal in Rockies franchise history in the first game at home when they were wearing white.  While cannot 100% prove it, it is highly likely this is the jersey he wore to score that goal.

07-08 Johnny Oduya Prudential Center Opening Night Period 2 game worn jersey - 1-period wonder but also has some wear on it in the form of paint transfers on the back numbers.  Most likely from standing up against the goal posts.

96-97 Dave Andreychuk Red set 1 game worn jersey - Has some decent wear on it.  Recycled 95-96 Playoff set.

01-02 Colin White Red Set 3 game worn jersey - wanted a pre-Edge White

07-08 Andy Greene Lowell Devils Red Set 1 - Greene only played 1 season in Lowell, and it wasn't even a full season as he was called up to NJ for about 1/3 of the year.  Scored his first point as a professional in this jersey on an assist in a game against Worcester.

2015-16 Travis Zajac Retro Night game worn jersey - Got this one at what I think is a decent price and actually has some noticeable wear for a retro night gamer.  This is my third retro night gamer (4th if you count stadium series) that I have ever owned and the only one to show wear.  Has a small hole in each of the sleeves and a large black mark on the back 9 that I was able to photomatch to 2 photos from nj.com

2013-14 Warrior gloves worn by Patrik Elias.  Photomatched this to a game that year in early Feb against Colorado.  Also possibly used in Olympics later that month as it looks like it was worn in the game where Czech Rep. was eliminated by USA, but since there is tape over the Warrior logo hard to tell.

Also picked up a game used stick from Elias and Greene.  Both are now autographed.

Awesome pick-ups!

Speaking of the retro jerseys, any idea how much they went for? I am dumb and missed the damn end of the auction. Wondering if the prices have gone down at all considering they've been wearing the retros for a few years now.

Here is the full list from the 2016 Retro Night auctions.  Average selling price was $782.96, up from the 2015 Retro Night where average was $670.87 but less than 2014 Retro Night which averaged $845.59.  Keep in mind that due to the jerseys being worn 2 games, there were more lots this year as there were 30 jerseys, compared to 23 in 2015 and 24 in 2014.

Player  Final Bid 
Stephen Gionta  $    2,595.00
Cory Schneider  $    1,810.00
Keith Kinkaid  $    1,730.00
Yann Danis - BU  $    1,220.00
Jordin Tootoo  $    1,041.00
Bobby Farnham  $    1,017.83
Mike Sislo  $    1,017.83
Joseph Blandisi  $       984.00
Adam Henrique  $       980.00
Kyle Palmieri  $       800.00
Mike Cammalleri - GI  $       720.00
Reid Boucher  $       703.00
David Warsofsky - GI  $       644.97
Andy Greene  $       640.00
John Moore  $       640.00
David Schlemko  $       561.00
Tuomo Ruutu  $       550.00
Travis Zajac  $       535.00
Adam Larsson  $       495.21
Lee Stempniak  $       490.00
Devante Smith-Pelly  $       486.99
Sergey Kalinin  $       470.00
Damon Severson  $       460.00
Jacob Josefson  $       440.01
Seth Helgeson  $       440.00
Tyler Kennedy  $       420.00
Brian O'Neill - GI  $       420.00
Eric Gelinas - GI  $       410.01
John Merrill  $       396.99
Stefan Matteau - GI  $       370.04

The Larsson, Zajac and to an extent the Severson were steals (with Severson depending on how his career pans out).  The others the prices can be explained by the following:

1) Gionta - Has a cult following.  His jerseys are always pre-ordered and never make it to the Meigray website.  Myself and other collectors believe his family is also buying them as well.

2) Schneider - He's a star so no surprise there.

3) KK - Has a little bit of a cult around him.  Also probably the only retro night he will ever start in.

4) Danis - There is literally one collector who lives in Switzerland who buys EVERYTHING of his.  He once posted his list of game used jerseys of Danis and he had pretty much every one Danis ever wore in his entire pro career.  Danis was also one of, if not the most expensive gamer from the Albany Devils Ugly Christmas sweater auction.  Most likely they were both purchased by this individual.

5) Tootoo - Has a bit of a cult

6) Farnham - Also has a bit of a cult.  He had a bit of a cult in Pittsburgh/Wilkes-Barre

7) Sislo - First career NHL goal(s).  Also has a little bit of a cult following

A lot of the Albany call-ups have cult followings.  The fans up in Albany tend to really like the players as they tend to have closer and easier access to them.  Like most other minor league teams fans then build up a following around certain players at their level and follow them to the NHL.  That would explain some of the call up ones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.