The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

11 hours ago, hoekster316 said:

I was never a Gelinas fan, but I needed to finally add a retro jersey to my collection and the price was way too good to pass up. 

Is that the retro Zajac with the giant stick mark on one of the numbers? 

That Elias will look sweeeeeeeeet!

Yup that's the one lol.  I pre-ordered when Meigray was making calls for them and I chose Zajac because he was best player at a lower price point.  Was very excited when it had that nice mark on it lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2017 at 9:42 AM, DevsMan84 said:

Yup that's the one lol.  I pre-ordered when Meigray was making calls for them and I chose Zajac because he was best player at a lower price point.  Was very excited when it had that nice mark on it lol.

Very nice - that jersey is sweet! 

In other news, I was just informed that the Devils are no longer using EPS. Bummer. I'm trying to find out who they're using now - sounds like it's a low-key/unknown shop. 

1 hour ago, hoekster316 said:

Very nice - that jersey is sweet! 

In other news, I was just informed that the Devils are no longer using EPS. Bummer. I'm trying to find out who they're using now - sounds like it's a low-key/unknown shop. 

Where did you hear that they are no longer using EPS?  I heard that they are switching to Fanatics from Meigray for the game worn but nothing at all about EPS.

On 9/8/2017 at 9:18 AM, DevsMan84 said:

I am assuming that is Josh lol.

That really sucks.  I wonder who the new one is.

Not Josh - but yes, def sucks.

BTW, meigray has a few uncrested white maska retro jerseys up on eBay. Before purchasing, does anyone know where I’d be able to get a crest sewn on it?

Edited by hoekster316

• 2 months later...

The military warmup jerseys from 11/11/17 ended on NHL auctions on Saturday.  The finals prices between this year's and last year's military night are staggering.  Last year the total amount was $11,202.66 for 25 jerseys (20 worn, 4 issued and 1 mascot) with an average of $448.11  This year the total amount was $22,140.51 for 27 jerseys (20 worn, 6 issued and 1 mascot) with an average of $820.02.  Final prices below.

image.png.48f643f078adf0c6170ae156ed85050d.png

Better team, better prices, I guess.  I bought none of them and I'm happy with that. 

I did order a blank at 20% off from NHL.com, it hasn't shipped and I am awaiting the email that they are sold out and not coming back. 

Also, I always feel bad for all of the guys who sold for less than the mascot. And on this list, that's a lot of guys!

Also interesting that Bratt outsold Hall...I guess we've embraced him for all he has done so far. 

Edited by mfitz804

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Better team, better prices, I guess.  I bought none of them and I'm happy with that. 

I did order a blank at 20% off from NHL.com, it hasn't shipped and I am awaiting the email that they are sold out and not coming back. 

Also, I always feel bad for all of the guys who sold for less than the mascot. And on this list, that's a lot of guys!

Also interesting that Bratt outsold Hall...I guess we've embraced him for all he has done so far. 

Last year the Mascot sold for $300, which was the cheapest along with game issued Merrill and Gazdic jerseys which were also $300.  In 2015, the first year the Devils did the military jerseys, the Mascot sold for $675 but I think that also included two tickets and a zamboni ride as well which drove up the price.  He was about in the middle to higher end of that year too.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Last year the Mascot sold for $300, which was the cheapest along with game issued Merrill and Gazdic jerseys which were also $300.  In 2015, the first year the Devils did the military jerseys, the Mascot sold for $675 but I think that also included two tickets and a zamboni ride as well which drove up the price.  He was about in the middle to higher end of that year too.

In fairness, NJ Devil was better than half the roster in 2015...

• 2 weeks later...

The HFC warmup jersey auction ended over the weekend with little fanfare.  Predictably the Hischier and Boyle were the top two, but overall these went for lower than the Military Appreciation night jerseys.  I am a little bit surprised given the emotions of that night but at the same time this also follows the trend where the first specialty warmup night goes for more money than the second one.  This is the first year the military jerseys were worn and sold before the HFC in this case.  Total for all the jerseys was $18,978.16 and average per jersey was $729.93.

image.png.718e7f44d3d530cfa8798b6d8c39c310.png

On 12/4/2017 at 8:56 AM, DevsMan84 said:

The HFC warmup jersey auction ended over the weekend with little fanfare.  Predictably the Hischier and Boyle were the top two, but overall these went for lower than the Military Appreciation night jerseys.  I am a little bit surprised given the emotions of that night but at the same time this also follows the trend where the first specialty warmup night goes for more money than the second one.  This is the first year the military jerseys were worn and sold before the HFC in this case.  Total for all the jerseys was $18,978.16 and average per jersey was $729.93.

image.png.718e7f44d3d530cfa8798b6d8c39c310.png

I feel like Hall was a relative bargain at $847. 

Had to know Boyle's would be up there, that makes sense. I think KK's makes the least sense on that list. Maybe Santini should have been a few clicks lower too, maybe beneath Bratt. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like Hall was a relative bargain at $847. 

Had to know Boyle's would be up there, that makes sense. I think KK's makes the least sense on that list. Maybe Santini should have been a few clicks lower too, maybe beneath Bratt. 

It is but also keep in mind it is a warmup jersey.

Typically the people bidding on these are fans rather than the hardcore jersey collectors.  Due to the fact that the military jerseys were only a couple weeks earlier and those went higher than normal, it makes sense that the people bidding on these are having their wallets stretched.

KK has a little bit of a cult behind him which is probably why he went a little high.  Stephen Gionta had that effect as well and was often in the top 2 or 3 in these auctions every year he was here (that includes the retro night ones).

• 2 months later...

Forgot to post this the other day.  The Pride Night stick auction ended and below are the results.  Overall much better than last year but I think that is due to the larger selection of sticks (22 this year vs 15 last year) and more exposure this year.

image.png.5e7d51632c96a9275f860c4b5009b64e.png

Edited by DevsMan84

• 1 month later...

I snagged the Zajac, about three minutes before his lot expired.  Bidding got to be pretty crazy as the number of lots dwindled...Palms especially blew up at the end, as did Zacha.  And some inflated GIs in there as well.  But also some relative bargains at the bottom, considering the event.

• 2 months later...

So both SCF finalist, Vegas and Washington, this year are Meigray teams.  This marks the first time since 2012 that both SCF teams game worn program is handled by Meigray (LA has since left Meigray and started marketing the jerseys themselves for the past couple of years).  Looks like due to this being the first Ovechkin-led Caps finals (and only 2nd in franchise history) versus the first time for anything Cinderella-esque Vegas finals, the prices for the pre-orders for the game worn jerseys are sky high.

Caps range from $1750 all the way up to $35,000 (Chiasson on one end for example and Ovi is $35K).

Vegas starts at $3750 and go all the way up to $35,000 as well (Merrill is one of the $3750 guys and MAF is $35K)

Craziness.

• 1 month later...

The Meigray game worn jersey expo is just around the corner and their featured speaker this year is 2003 SCF hero Mike Rupp.  I will have my table again this year showing off my Devils collection as well as many other collectors of various teams.  Looks like there should be 2-3 other collectors with tables of Devils game worn jerseys/items in addition to me this year. 

Got some new stuff to show off this year including 17-18 red set 1 Taylor Hall and the jersey Brian Boyle wore when he scored both his first goal back from his diagnosis and the goal he scored against Vancouver on HFC night.  The HHOF will likely be there again this year with their awesome displays as well.  It is an awesome event where you get to see HHOF and HHOF-worthy items without having to travel up to Toronto.  It will be held this year at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ on July 14th from 9AM-4PM.  It is $40 for entry this year, but that includes admission, a FREE blank authentic jersey, and autographs from Rupp and from special guests speakers/players from the Metropolitan Riveters.

Tickets:

http://www.meigray.com/2018_MeiGray_Expo_Registration-ITEM56925.aspx

Also, if you feel lucky, you can take a stab at the live grab bag at the expo.  It is $295 per pick, but the top prize is a Nico Hischier rookie game worn jersey.

http://www.meigray.com/2018_Expo_Live_Grab_Bag_Draft-ITEM3.aspx

Picture of my table from the 2017 expo:

2017ExpoTable1smaller.jpg

Great collection! It’s on my bucket list to attend the expo of these years. It would be great seeing everyone’s collection and the history in that room. Especially see the jerseys I’ll never be able to afford haha. Also love the Holik. My favorite Devil of all time!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lemieux16 said:

Great collection! It’s on my bucket list to attend the expo of these years. It would be great seeing everyone’s collection and the history in that room. Especially see the jerseys I’ll never be able to afford haha. Also love the Holik. My favorite Devil of all time!

Thanks!  It is a fun time.  I got multiple offers on the Holik last year but I couldn't because it is my only one and they have all been gobbled up by a handful of collectors.

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Thanks!  It is a fun time.  I got multiple offers on the Holik last year but I couldn't because it is my only one and they have all been gobbled up by a handful of collectors.

He is def a hard one to get. Hopefully at some point I’ll be able to add one to the collection. I have been able to snag an Arnott, Brylin(which is ripped to shreds), and a Boyle lately. The Boyle is from the game I saw him play in Florida and Nashville this past year. Also got the goal puck from the Nashville game.

19 minutes ago, Lemieux16 said:

He is def a hard one to get. Hopefully at some point I’ll be able to add one to the collection. I have been able to snag an Arnott, Brylin(which is ripped to shreds), and a Boyle lately. The Boyle is from the game I saw him play in Florida and Nashville this past year. Also got the goal puck from the Nashville game.

Nice!  Was the Brylin from Meigray?  I had 2 red Brylin's earlier this year from 01-02 season (had set 1 and 2) but sold the set 2.

Nice pickup on the Boyle!  The only thing I don't like about my Boyle is that the wear is very light.  Every other Boyle has decent wear on it except for the one I got lol.

I was thinking about getting a Taylor Hall goal puck to pair with my jersey.  The problem was the price and the fact that goal pucks just don't really do it for me.  I was hemming and hawing on one from the 12/14/17 game against LA but that eventually sold while I was still debating it.

16 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nice!  Was the Brylin from Meigray?  I had 2 red Brylin's earlier this year from 01-02 season (had set 1 and 2) but sold the set 2.

Nice pickup on the Boyle!  The only thing I don't like about my Boyle is that the wear is very light.  Every other Boyle has decent wear on it except for the one I got lol.

I was thinking about getting a Taylor Hall goal puck to pair with my jersey.  The problem was the price and the fact that goal pucks just don't really do it for me.  I was hemming and hawing on one from the 12/14/17 game against LA but that eventually sold while I was still debating it.

Hey my Brylin was from Meigray. It’s a 01-02 White set 1. The thing is destroyed. It is so nice and I had been wanting one of his for a while so it was nice. 

Same to you on the Boyle. He was just a great story his year. Hard not to root for him. The wear on mine was light as well. It doesn’t have any repairs but it has a bunch of good marks that were easy to photomatch to the playoffs. 

Ive always been a big pick kid ever since I was a kid. I have a ton of autographed pucks and when I got into the game worn hobby it was something I picked up here and there. Only have pucks from games I went to. And my Boyle goal puck is the only goal he scored in that jersey and I was at the game so it was cool to add. But it was a lot less than a Hall puck haha. I can def understand your side of it for sure. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.