The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

On 6/27/2018 at 4:26 PM, Lemieux16 said:

Hey my Brylin was from Meigray. It’s a 01-02 White set 1. The thing is destroyed. It is so nice and I had been wanting one of his for a while so it was nice. 

Same to you on the Boyle. He was just a great story his year. Hard not to root for him. The wear on mine was light as well. It doesn’t have any repairs but it has a bunch of good marks that were easy to photomatch to the playoffs. 

Ive always been a big pick kid ever since I was a kid. I have a ton of autographed pucks and when I got into the game worn hobby it was something I picked up here and there. Only have pucks from games I went to. And my Boyle goal puck is the only goal he scored in that jersey and I was at the game so it was cool to add. But it was a lot less than a Hall puck haha. I can def understand your side of it for sure. 

Nice pickup on the Brylin!  Pretty decent priced too.  Brylin gamers always have excellent wear on them.  I haven't seen one in person that has less than heavy wear on it.

There are times where I want to pick up cheaper pucks, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  I once got a Zajac goal puck and after a couple months I just didn't care about it so I sold it.  Funny thing is that when I was selling it, I was asking $75 shipped, which is about what I paid for it.  Of course on my for sale listings in the Facebook fan groups I was told that I am asking way too much and that a signed Zajac puck is worth more.  lol go figure.  I eventually did sell it for like $70 shipped.

21 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nice pickup on the Brylin!  Pretty decent priced too.  Brylin gamers always have excellent wear on them.  I haven't seen one in person that has less than heavy wear on it.

There are times where I want to pick up cheaper pucks, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  I once got a Zajac goal puck and after a couple months I just didn't care about it so I sold it.  Funny thing is that when I was selling it, I was asking $75 shipped, which is about what I paid for it.  Of course on my for sale listings in the Facebook fan groups I was told that I am asking way too much and that a signed Zajac puck is worth more.  lol go figure.  I eventually did sell it for like $70 shipped.

Thanks. I'm really happy with it. It probably has the most wear of anything i have. 

I totally understand. Goal pucks are really tough to get your money back on unless its a milestone or memorable goal. I have a few goal pucks from the last few season of the Devils games here in Nashville. I know i would be lucky to get 75% of what i paid for some of them. I just have them because they were from games that i went to that ended up being awesome. All OT Devils wins. But you getting back almost what you paid is really good.

That's crazy. Also helps that a lot more teams have easier ways to purchase them. I think I've only overpaid for one of my pucks. I have Rico's last minute goal puck to tie the game and his overtime winner from Nashville 2 years ago. Hands down one of my favorite things i own. But i agree that prices for most pucks are crazy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Great seeing you there Jordan!  Literally everyone who walked by your table stopped and wanted to touch or lift that cup lol.  It probably got the biggest reaction out of anything in the entire show.  I am not a big stick collector myself but that 552 stick is beyond awesome.  Great piece.

Had my table for the third year in a row.  I was sort of in a weird spot that didn't get a ton of traffic, but still got plenty.  I actually liked it because I was able to spend a lot of time there wandering around while last year I was sort of glued to the area around my table.  Had a lot of fun and already looking forward to next year!

2018 Expo Table.jpg

See that you got the Boschmann front and center, nice!

Even though they're folded up, like how you have the Crash Line at the left side of your table, and the A-Line at the right side.  Crazy that what you brought probably isn't even half of what you have, lol.

2 hours ago, Lemieux16 said:

JWomp & DevsMan84, you both have amazing collections. Glad you were there to show them off. Lots of awesome Devils history on both your tables. Hope you guys were able to add to those collections at the expo! 

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Great seeing you there Jordan!  Literally everyone who walked by your table stopped and wanted to touch or lift that cup lol.  It probably got the biggest reaction out of anything in the entire show.  I am not a big stick collector myself but that 552 stick is beyond awesome.  Great piece.

Had my table for the third year in a row.  I was sort of in a weird spot that didn't get a ton of traffic, but still got plenty.  I actually liked it because I was able to spend a lot of time there wandering around while last year I was sort of glued to the area around my table.  Had a lot of fun and already looking forward to next year!

Thank you both! I actually didn't puck up much this year, aside from two small stick purchases from MeiGray, which I'll post later on.

Bringing the replica Cup was definitely a blessing and a curse, haha. So many people stopped by my table that I didn't really have a chance to walk around and explore the Expo much myself, since I was always tied up talking to someone, or "guarding" my table because people kept poking and prodding my stuff. If I ever do another display, I think I'll leave the Cup home even though it seemed to be a hit. Rupp also seemed to think it was pretty cool, and he also really got a kick out of seeing his debut jersey, and the Brodeur 552 stick. 

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

Question for both JWomp and DM84...is people poking and prodding your stuff an issue at these things?  I gotta admit, I'm surprised by that.  One thing that I ALWAYS tell my daughter at various stores and functions is to look with her eyes, and not her hands.  I would NEVER dream of touching any of your collections without asking, and I can't think of any reason why I would even ask...I can see everything that you have on display just fine.  No need to physically handle anything that I can see.  I guess I'm just surprised that some people don't extend to you what I think is a completely "common sense" courtesy.   

20 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

See that you got the Boschmann front and center, nice!

Even though they're folded up, like how you have the Crash Line at the left side of your table, and the A-Line at the right side.  Crazy that what you brought probably isn't even half of what you have, lol.

Haha thanks!  I actually didn't even mean to do that on purpose.  I set it up according to fit but I did keep the two famous lines purposefully together.  I made sure the rows had names that were roughly the same length so that's why you see Andreychuk, Nieuwendyk, Langs and Carp in the same row.

19 hours ago, Lemieux16 said:

JWomp & DevsMan84, you both have amazing collections. Glad you were there to show them off. Lots of awesome Devils history on both your tables. Hope you guys were able to add to those collections at the expo! 

Thanks for the kind words!

15 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Question for both JWomp and DM84...is people poking and prodding your stuff an issue at these things?  I gotta admit, I'm surprised by that.  One thing that I ALWAYS tell my daughter at various stores and functions is to look with her eyes, and not her hands.  I would NEVER dream of touching any of your collections without asking, and I can't think of any reason why I would even ask...I can see everything that you have on display just fine.  No need to physically handle anything that I can see.  I guess I'm just surprised that some people don't extend to you what I think is a completely "common sense" courtesy.   

Honestly for the most part I don't mind people picking up my jerseys and looking at them as long as they have clean hands.  These expos usually are heavily attended by those in the hobby so I know that I am largely in the clear.  If someone was to say be drinking a diet pepsi and holding the bottle right above my jerseys while looking at them then I would have a little bit of an issue.

I actually got some good feedback yesterday on another forum that having the folded display gives the impression I want no one to touch anything.  While I don't want everyone to touch everything willy-nilly, I don't want it to be a strictly hands-off experience either.  I guess I just want a happy medium.  A rack has been suggested which does invite more people to look, but that means that 1) I would have the lug the damn rack to the show and 2) I would have to make sure I get an end table which are already pretty high in demand.

I am already starting to think about what I want to do next year.  I still don't know if I want to go all out on a rack or just do what I have been doing.  Either way the only thing I am sure on is next year to create signs.  I was on the fence about it this year but decided against it.  When I got to the show I almost immediately regretted it.

16 hours ago, JWomp said:

Thank you both! I actually didn't puck up much this year, aside from two small stick purchases from MeiGray, which I'll post later on.

Bringing the replica Cup was definitely a blessing and a curse, haha. So many people stopped by my table that I didn't really have a chance to walk around and explore the Expo much myself, since I was always tied up talking to someone, or "guarding" my table because people kept poking and prodding my stuff. If I ever do another display, I think I'll leave the Cup home even though it seemed to be a hit. Rupp also seemed to think it was pretty cool, and he also really got a kick out of seeing his debut jersey, and the Brodeur 552 stick. 

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

Haha even the trunk that cup came in looked really cool.  Just need to add some travel stickers and it will look exactly like the cup.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:56 AM, DevsMan84 said:

2018 Expo Table.jpg

Also i dont see your Carter jersey on the table anymore haha. Does it need a new home? haha

21 hours ago, Lemieux16 said:

Also i dont see your Carter jersey on the table anymore haha. Does it need a new home? haha

lol sorry but I am still keeping that one for now.  Actually the night before I was going back and forth if I should bring it.  I ultimately decided not to because frankly in the two previous years no one really looked at it.  The funny thing is Rupp talked about that particular brawl and I was kicking myself for not bringing that jersey.  This is why I think I will bring signs next year for some of my stuff.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, DevsMan84 said:

Honestly for the most part I don't mind people picking up my jerseys and looking at them as long as they have clean hands.  These expos usually are heavily attended by those in the hobby so I know that I am largely in the clear.  If someone was to say be drinking a diet pepsi and holding the bottle right above my jerseys while looking at them then I would have a little bit of an issue.

I actually got some good feedback yesterday on another forum that having the folded display gives the impression I want no one to touch anything.  While I don't want everyone to touch everything willy-nilly, I don't want it to be a strictly hands-off experience either.  I guess I just want a happy medium.  A rack has been suggested which does invite more people to look, but that means that 1) I would have the lug the damn rack to the show and 2) I would have to make sure I get an end table which are already pretty high in demand.

I am already starting to think about what I want to do next year.  I still don't know if I want to go all out on a rack or just do what I have been doing.  Either way the only thing I am sure on is next year to create signs.  I was on the fence about it this year but decided against it.  When I got to the show I almost immediately regretted it.

I give you credit for being open to a "happy medium"...I would be a little nervous if I ever had a table at one of these...I wouldn't want to come off like a complete curmudgeon (go to a car show and you'll meet PLENTY of them), but man would I be pissed if any of my loot came back with a finger-sized stain that I KNOW wasn't there before the show. 

BTW how was Mike Rupp?  Was he cool/friendly/personable?  What's kind of scary/funny is that when I look at his pictures, I realize that with my beard, if I ever decided to shave my head again (not likely anytime soon), I'd look a hell of a lot like him, heh heh.  Cool that he dug JWomp's jersey...I remember you told me some players couldn't care less about fans collecting their GWs.  Looked like Rupp was at least in "good sport" mode from the pics.

37 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I give you credit for being open to a "happy medium"...I would be a little nervous if I ever had a table at one of these...I wouldn't want to come off like a complete curmudgeon (go to a car show and you'll meet PLENTY of them), but man would I be pissed if any of my loot came back with a finger-sized stain that I KNOW wasn't there before the show. 

BTW how was Mike Rupp?  Was he cool/friendly/personable?  What's kind of scary/funny is that when I look at his pictures, I realize that with my beard, if I ever decided to shave my head again (not likely anytime soon), I'd look a hell of a lot like him, heh heh.  Cool that he dug JWomp's jersey...I remember you told me some players couldn't care less about fans collecting their GWs.  Looked like Rupp was at least in "good sport" mode from the pics.

Thanks and I figured a large chunk of why I own these things are to enjoy them and not have them under locked away in a closet forever.  Plus this event is largely attended by other hobbyists and they tend to know how to handle these and those who are not in the hobby I have never had that sort of issue with.  lol just wait when next year someone comes into the show eating some sort of oily/greasy snack while trying to touch things.  That's when I would step in.

I think Rupp was one of the better speakers Meigray has had in recent memory.  He is personable and always have great stories.  He told the story about what happened right before the opening faceoff brawl at MSG back on 3/19/12, he talked about the day he was traded by Lou, he talked about how he was Patrik's roommate on the road and how they would constantly order room service instead of eating with the rest of the team (much to Lou's annoyance) as well as other stories.  He brought to the show the jersey he wore in game 7 in 2003 when he scored the Stanley cup winning goal and he really dug Jordan's two jerseys.  He really was a good guy all around.

36 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Thanks and I figured a large chunk of why I own these things are to enjoy them and not have them under locked away in a closet forever.  Plus this event is largely attended by other hobbyists and they tend to know how to handle these and those who are not in the hobby I have never had that sort of issue with.  lol just wait when next year someone comes into the show eating some sort of oily/greasy snack while trying to touch things.  That's when I would step in.

I think Rupp was one of the better speakers Meigray has had in recent memory.  He is personable and always have great stories.  He told the story about what happened right before the opening faceoff brawl at MSG back on 3/19/12, he talked about the day he was traded by Lou, he talked about how he was Patrik's roommate on the road and how they would constantly order room service instead of eating with the rest of the team (much to Lou's annoyance) as well as other stories.  He brought to the show the jersey he wore in game 7 in 2003 when he scored the Stanley cup winning goal and he really dug Jordan's two jerseys.  He really was a good guy all around.

Ditto the bolded, which is why I wear them to games (and even at home while watching games on TV).  Putting the jersey on is part of the experience for me when it comes to watching the Devils.  I would never feel right attending a game without wearing one.  Admittedly wearing GWs makes me a little more cautious/nervous, but it's just fun to wear something that was actually worn by a player. 

It was funny, my wife was doing something in the bedroom closet (some of my GWs are hung there), and she saw an unrepaired rip in my Elias night Zajac, and asked "Do you know this one's got a tear?"  I told her year, that's part of the charm of a GW...my white Palms has one too.  She didn't poo-poo it, but she definitely looked perplexed, in a "Huh what why?" kind of way, heh heh.

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ditto the bolded, which is why I wear them to games (and even at home while watching games on TV).  Putting the jersey on is part of the experience for me when it comes to watching the Devils.  I would never feel right attending a game without wearing one.  Admittedly wearing GWs makes me a little more cautious/nervous, but it's just fun to wear something that was actually worn by a player. 

It was funny, my wife was doing something in the bedroom closet (some of my GWs are hung there), and she saw an unrepaired rip in my Elias night Zajac, and asked "Do you know this one's got a tear?"  I told her year, that's part of the charm of a GW...my white Palms has one too.  She didn't poo-poo it, but she definitely looked perplexed, in a "Huh what why?" kind of way, heh heh.

I used to wear a couple of my lower value gamers to games, but I don't do that anymore out of fear of getting something on them.  I now rotate among 3 authentics that I wear to games and that's good enough for me lol.  I do admit I pretty much HAVE to wear a jersey to games.  I forgot to bring one once in the last 5 years and I felt like I was naked.  Kind of like when you wear a watch all the time and forget to wear it and you sort of notice it all day.

My wife is thankfully pretty understanding of my hobby.  She doesn't fully get it, but she knows it makes me happy so as long as I am happy and I am not breaking the bank she is fine with it.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I used to wear a couple of my lower value gamers to games, but I don't do that anymore out of fear of getting something on them.  I now rotate among 3 authentics that I wear to games and that's good enough for me lol.  I do admit I pretty much HAVE to wear a jersey to games.  I forgot to bring one once in the last 5 years and I felt like I was naked.  Kind of like when you wear a watch all the time and forget to wear it and you sort of notice it all day.

My wife is thankfully pretty understanding of my hobby.  She doesn't fully get it, but she knows it makes me happy so as long as I am happy and I am not breaking the bank she is fine with it.

Part of me wonders if one "accident" will be enough to end the "Wear a GW to game" practice in a hurry, lol.  Fortunately that hasn't happened yet! 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Part of me wonders if one "accident" will be enough to end the "Wear a GW to game" practice in a hurry, lol.  Fortunately that hasn't happened yet! 

Oh I've come close a couple times and that was enough to basically retire that idea lol.

I never officially shared this one, although I had it on display at the Expo earlier this month: the crown jewel of my Devils goalie stick collection, Martin Brodeur's game used stick from March 17, 2009 when he set the NHL's all-time wins record. This stick was used in the third period of that game and is photo matched to dozens of game action photos and pictures from the post-game celebration.

Brodeur 552.jpg

• Like 1

Got a new one in yesterday; Sheldon Souray 97-98 white playoff set game worn jersey.  Has light wear overall but does have what appears to be dried blood stains on the right sleeve.  It is a size 60 and it is really wide and huge like a tent lol.

Souray1.jpg

Souray2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So as some of you may or may not know, a fairly large collection of mostly late 90's and early 2000's game worn jerseys were auctioned off on eBay which ended last night.  These all came from the collection of a single collector who sadly passed in April.  These were at one point on consignment at Meigray (back in 2011-15) and I have owned two from this collection for some time now (the Nemchinov and Nieuwendyk).  Below are the final prices on the jerseys from the eBay auction as well as original Meigray price and final discount price at Meigray shortly before they were pulled.  Please note the Arnott and Zajac were not originally listed at Meigray and the ones with blank eBay prices were probably sold prior to this auction.

image.thumb.png.8c04dcd1cbb82f1b64e6d57dd51107ca.png

Edited by DevsMan84

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.