The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Some nice deals there.  White's a decent grab for someone just getting into the hobby.  As are Zajac and Sykora.

12 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Some nice deals there.  White's a decent grab for someone just getting into the hobby.  As are Zajac and Sykora.

Sykora is a bit of a mystery.  It's a white playoff set.  Problem is that 1) They lost in the first round so they only played 3 home games and 2) Sykora only played 2 games that postseason and both were on the road.  Either it is a GI or it was used in the regular season as well (or possibly used early in 98-99 season).  Who knows as the seller had awful pictures and practically no description to go with them.

19 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

So as some of you may or may not know, a fairly large collection of mostly late 90's and early 2000's game worn jerseys were auctioned off on eBay which ended last night.  These all came from the collection of a single collector who sadly passed in April.  These were at one point on consignment at Meigray (back in 2011-15) and I have owned two from this collection for some time now (the Nemchinov and Nieuwendyk).  Below are the final prices on the jerseys from the eBay auction as well as original Meigray price and final discount price at Meigray shortly before they were pulled.  Please note the Arnott and Zajac were not originally listed at Meigray and the ones with blank eBay prices were probably sold prior to this auction.

image.thumb.png.8c04dcd1cbb82f1b64e6d57dd51107ca.png

Some really good deals there. I think if there were better pictures and descriptions some of the prices could have been higher. Did anyone pick one up?

52 minutes ago, Lemieux16 said:

Some really good deals there. I think if there were better pictures and descriptions some of the prices could have been higher. Did anyone pick one up?

I made a half-hearted offer on McKay.  A couple of months ago I might have jumped in on some of the "bargains" (like Langs, Sykora or even White), but I've really bulked up my collection in the past 4 months or so (with several pricier ones...a couple of 2016-17 Halls, Brodeur Night and Elias Night Zajacs, a pair of Eliases, etc), so I'm taking a break for a while.  Part of me wishes I'd gotten in on Sykora at what his jersey sold for, but there really wasn't anything there that was screaming "You must buy!" to me. 

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I won the Steve Thomas and Lyle Odelein.

Great pickups. I missed out at the Odelein last minute. Lost out on McKay as well. Picked up the Albelin. 

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I made a half-hearted offer on McKay.  A couple of months ago I might have jumped in on some of the "bargains" (like Langs, Sykora or even White), but I've really bulked up my collection in the past 4 months or so (with several pricier ones...a couple of 2016-17 Halls, Brodeur Night and Elias Night Zajacs, a pair of Eliases, etc), so I'm taking a break for a while.  Part of me wishes I'd gotten in on Sykora at what his jersey sold for, but there really wasn't anything there that was screaming "You must buy!" to me. 

You have had a pretty solid 4 months with those pickups. Awesome collection. I did the same thing picking up a lot of bigger pieces for my collection as well with an Arnott, Brylin, and Boyle. I'm trying to be more selective. I had a hard time passing on the White and Sykora but i didn't have the "must have" feelings as they were closing. Gonna keep holding out until some jerseys on my want list pop up.

19 hours ago, Lemieux16 said:

You have had a pretty solid 4 months with those pickups. Awesome collection. I did the same thing picking up a lot of bigger pieces for my collection as well with an Arnott, Brylin, and Boyle. I'm trying to be more selective. I had a hard time passing on the White and Sykora but i didn't have the "must have" feelings as they were closing. Gonna keep holding out until some jerseys on my want list pop up.

I started slow in the past year, and then kinda ramped up, as the costs seemed less and less shocking.  I had a red Dean preseason (not sure which year) that I got from DM84 in a trade (I gave him a Mitchell & Ness Colorado Rockies Ramage, which I think he's since unloaded) many years ago...for years, that was my only GW of any kind.  I then one day decided that I really wanted a McMullen Night jersey, so I went on Meigray, and decided on a GI Auvitu, as (at the time) it was very reasonably priced for an event night jersey.  Then there was an auction for 2017 Developmental Camp jerseys...I was in the bidding on a #33 red Hischier until the end (at well over $2k it simply became too rich for my blood), but I wound up with a red #44 Wood and a red #63 Bratt for less than it would've cost for Edge authentics, and both had some mild wear.  Eventually I started spending a bit more...not sure about the exact order here, but then I got a white Palms (my current favorite Devil), then a red Palms, then an Prudential Opening Night Oduya (the only Edge 1.0 that I own), then an Elias Night Zajac (Meigray auction, after Palms got a bit too high for my liking), then went a little crazy and made Meigray an offer on my two Halls and a Brodeur Night Zajac for $5k for the lot, which they accepted (saved a nice chunk).  I also bought another Elias off DM84.  Snagged a white 2.0 Zajac off ebay, as the price was too good to pass up ($305 with shipping)...also nabbed a sweet red and green #26 Albelin off ebay...just made the guy an offer a good bit under asking, and to my surprise, he took it.  I was able to get both Eliases for just under $2k combined, which I was VERY happy with.  But it's funny...when I bought my Auvitu, if you had told me I would ever be willing to spend $1k or more for any particular jersey, I would've looked at you cross-eyed.  I started off by trying to bargain hunt, but I kept budgeting higher and higher as the sticker prices felt less and less daunting. 

As DM84 knows, I buy my jerseys to wear them...some I consider "basement jerseys" (I watch a number of games in my cave), and others I wear out to games (makes me a little nervous admittedly).  The Halls and Palms jerseys have some nice wear...you can really tell Hall gets knee deep in the sh!t...lots of stick marks and repairs...Palms has his share too.  I plan on breaking out the red Hall on Opening Night this year, then probably the red Palms for the next game, then I'll just wing it after that.  I may snag a size 56 Adidas red jersey off Meigray eventually (the only real way to nab a legit authentic), and have it re-named and numbered to a Hischier.  Size 54 (Hischier's size) is too small for me, and $5k or so is just too much for me to spend on a GW. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Lemieux16 said:

Great pickups. I missed out at the Odelein last minute. Lost out on McKay as well. Picked up the Albelin. 

Nice!  I always feel that Albelin is underappreciated by our fans.  He was a good soldier in his two tours with us.  Solid price too.

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I started slow in the past year, and then kinda ramped up, as the costs seemed less and less shocking.  I had a red Dean preseason (not sure which year) that I got from DM84 in a trade (I gave him a Mitchell & Ness Colorado Rockies Ramage, which I think he's since unloaded) many years ago...for years, that was my only GW of any kind.  I then one day decided that I really wanted a McMullen Night jersey, so I went on Meigray, and decided on a GI Auvitu, as (at the time) it was very reasonably priced for an event night jersey.  Then there was an auction for 2017 Developmental Camp jerseys...I was in the bidding on a #33 red Hischier until the end (at well over $2k it simply became too rich for my blood), but I wound up with a red #44 Wood and a red #63 Bratt for less than it would've cost for Edge authentics, and both had some mild wear.  Eventually I started spending a bit more...not sure about the exact order here, but then I got a white Palms (my current favorite Devil), then a red Palms, then an Prudential Opening Night Oduya (the only Edge 1.0 that I own), then a Brodeur Night Zajac (Meigray auction, after Palms got a bit too high for my liking), then went a little crazy and made Meigray an offer on my two Halls and a Brodeur Night Zajac for $5k for the lot, which they accepted (saved a nice chunk).  I also bought another Elias off DM84.  Snagged a white 2.0 Zajac off ebay, as the price was too good to pass up ($305 with shipping)...also nabbed a sweet red and green #26 Albelin off ebay...just made the guy an offer a good bit under asking, and to my surprise, he took it.  I was able to get both Eliases for just under $2k combined, which I was VERY happy with.  But it's funny...when I bought my Auvitu, if you had told me I would ever be willing to spend $1k or more for any particular jersey, I would've looked at you cross-eyed.  I started off by trying to bargain hunt, but I kept budgeting higher and higher as the sticker prices felt less and less daunting. 

As DM84 knows, I buy my jerseys to wear them...some I consider "basement jerseys" (I watch a number of games in my cave), and others I wear out to games (makes me a little nervous admittedly).  The Halls and Palms jerseys have some nice wear...you can really tell Hall gets knee deep in the sh!t...lots of stick marks and repairs...Palms has his share too.  I plan on breaking out the red Hall on Opening Night this year, then probably the red Palms for the next game, then I'll just wing it after that.  I may snag a size 56 Adidas red jersey off Meigray eventually (the only real way to nab a legit authentic), and have it re-named and numbered to a Hischier.  Size 54 (Hischier's size) is too small for me, and $5k or so is just too much for me to spend on a GW. 

First bolded part: It is 93-94 for sure based on the customization (He spent the regular season down in Albany).  Might have been worn in 94-95 preseason (they did indeed have a preseason that year and the lockout started right between the end of the preseason and right before the regular season started.  That's why the CBA expiration date was later pushed up to mid September instead of end of September), and as well as 95-96 preseason.

Second bolded part: That couldn't be any more true with this hobby.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nice!  I always feel that Albelin is underappreciated by our fans.  He was a good soldier in his two tours with us.  Solid price too.

That’s how I feel. Always a solid player for us. Same with Colin White. He is one of my favorites and always played hard for us. Always thought it was weird how his jerseys got for less than authentics.

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I started slow in the past year, and then kinda ramped up, as the costs seemed less and less shocking.  I had a red Dean preseason (not sure which year) that I got from DM84 in a trade (I gave him a Mitchell & Ness Colorado Rockies Ramage, which I think he's since unloaded) many years ago...for years, that was my only GW of any kind.  I then one day decided that I really wanted a McMullen Night jersey, so I went on Meigray, and decided on a GI Auvitu, as (at the time) it was very reasonably priced for an event night jersey.  Then there was an auction for 2017 Developmental Camp jerseys...I was in the bidding on a #33 red Hischier until the end (at well over $2k it simply became too rich for my blood), but I wound up with a red #44 Wood and a red #63 Bratt for less than it would've cost for Edge authentics, and both had some mild wear.  Eventually I started spending a bit more...not sure about the exact order here, but then I got a white Palms (my current favorite Devil), then a red Palms, then an Prudential Opening Night Oduya (the only Edge 1.0 that I own), then a Brodeur Night Zajac (Meigray auction, after Palms got a bit too high for my liking), then went a little crazy and made Meigray an offer on my two Halls and a Brodeur Night Zajac for $5k for the lot, which they accepted (saved a nice chunk).  I also bought another Elias off DM84.  Snagged a white 2.0 Zajac off ebay, as the price was too good to pass up ($305 with shipping)...also nabbed a sweet red and green #26 Albelin off ebay...just made the guy an offer a good bit under asking, and to my surprise, he took it.  I was able to get both Eliases for just under $2k combined, which I was VERY happy with.  But it's funny...when I bought my Auvitu, if you had told me I would ever be willing to spend $1k or more for any particular jersey, I would've looked at you cross-eyed.  I started off by trying to bargain hunt, but I kept budgeting higher and higher as the sticker prices felt less and less daunting. 

I was always in the same mindset as well. Never thought I’d pay what I’ve paid for some of my jerseys but it’s a great hobby and it’s just cool to me to own a piece of the team kinda. 

Im sure those Palms and Hall jerseys were so worth it. Both great guys that should be with the team for a long time. Totally worth the money. 

Ive been trying to focus more on the “older” guys from my youth growing up. Would love a Holik, Zelepukin, & Guerin at some point as well as some others. Hope to get a Marty some day!

16 hours ago, Lemieux16 said:

That’s how I feel. Always a solid player for us. Same with Colin White. He is one of my favorites and always played hard for us. Always thought it was weird how his jerseys got for less than authentics.

I was always in the same mindset as well. Never thought I’d pay what I’ve paid for some of my jerseys but it’s a great hobby and it’s just cool to me to own a piece of the team kinda. 

Im sure those Palms and Hall jerseys were so worth it. Both great guys that should be with the team for a long time. Totally worth the money. 

Ive been trying to focus more on the “older” guys from my youth growing up. Would love a Holik, Zelepukin, & Guerin at some point as well as some others. Hope to get a Marty some day!

As far as particular players go, it's funny, but Zajac has kind of evolved into my "Event Night" player...snagged both his Brodeur Night and Elias Night jerseys (the Elias Night is the only Adidas jersey in my lot)...Zajac's a nice "sweet spot" player in that he's a guy who's been here for several years, is well-known, and his jerseys are usually pretty reasonably priced.  He's one of those guys who's become polarizing (people still remember his two 60+ point seasons and want to see more offense from him), but I've always liked him, and he has a good shot to reach 1000 regular season GP played as a Devil.  Only three players have done that as Devils (Daneyko, Brodeur, and Elias)...Zajac is currently 7th on the all-time list, with 842 GP.  If he stays relatively healthy, he'll crack 900 this season, and if he can average 79 GP over the next two seasons, that takes him up to 1000 GP. 

Yeah my white Palms was my first real "splurge" purchase, in terms of pure dollar amount...it definitely escalated from there.  My problem now is that with certain players, I feel like I need to have one red and one white jersey...my collection doesn't feel complete otherwise.  That's why I have two Palmses, two Halls, and two Eliases...and three Zajacs (I didn't have a white Edge Zajac, and once I saw one bargain-priced on ebay, I jumped on it).  I really wanted the Palms Elias Night, but the bidding on Meigray really exploded in the last half-hour or so, so I got in on Zajac without about 15 minutes to go.  I was actually (pleasantly) surprised when I won.  I was in on Hischier as well, but bowed out once bidding cracked $2.5k, and also passed on Elias himself once his price got too high for me.  Threw my hat into the Zacha lot too, until that got to be higher than what I was willing to pay for him (think I tapped out at about $1k for him).

I wouldn't mind a GW Holik...I know some wouldn't be into owning one of his GWs because he went to the Rangers, but I don't care about that.  There's a number of older players I'd be interested in for sure (obviously those are a bit harder to come by)...my Holy Grail jersey would be a white, red and green MacLean...he's my all-time favorite Devil (in some ways Palms reminds me of him, in that he too has had to slog with way through on some bad Devils team, and that, like Mac, it feels like he fights and claws for everything he gets).  I have a red and black Ultrafil that I need to get personalized to a MacLean...just haven't gotten around to it yet.  When the Adidas jerseys came out, I snatched up a bunch of blank Edges (some Indo, some Canadian)...I was going to personalize them, but more and more I'm leaning towards saving them for my now-10-year-old daughter...she's already 5' tall, and I think she will easily be 5' 7" or more once she's 14-15.  I have a number of size 54 Edges that I think should fit her decently...maybe a little baggy, but not too much. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

44 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As far as particular players go, it's funny, but Zajac has kind of evolved into my "Event Night" player...snagged both his Brodeur Night and Elias Night jerseys (the Elias Night is the only Adidas jersey in my lot)...Zajac's a nice "sweet spot" player in that he's a guy who's been here for several years, is well-known, and his jerseys are usually pretty reasonably priced.  He's one of those guys who's become polarizing (people still remember his two 60+ point seasons and want to see more offense from him), but I've always liked him, and he has a good shot to reach 1000 regular season GP played as a Devil.  Only three players have done that as Devils (Daneyko, Brodeur, and Elias)...Zajac is currently 7th on the all-time list, with 842 GP.  If he stays relatively healthy, he'll crack 900 this season, and if he can average 79 GP over the next two seasons, that takes him up to 1000 GP. 

Yeah my white Palms was my first real "splurge" purchase, in terms of pure dollar amount...it definitely escalated from there.  My problem now is that with certain players, I feel like I need to have one red and one white jersey...my collection doesn't feel complete otherwise.  That's why I have two Palmses, two Halls, and two Eliases...and three Zajacs (I didn't have a white Edge Zajac, and once I saw one bargain-priced on ebay, I jumped on it).  I really wanted the Palms Elias Night, but the bidding on Meigray really exploded in the last half-hour or so, so I got in on Zajac without about 15 minutes to go.  I was actually (pleasantly) surprised when I won.  I was in on Hischier as well, but bowed out once bidding cracked $2.5k, and also passed on Elias himself once his price got too high for me.  Threw my hat into the Zacha lot too, until that got to be higher than what I was willing to pay for him (think I tapped out at about $1k for him).

I wouldn't mind a GW Holik...I know some wouldn't be into owning one of his GWs because he went to the Rangers, but I don't care about that.  There's a number of older players I'd be interested in for sure (obviously those are a bit harder to come by)...my Holy Grail jersey would be a white, red and green MacLean...he's my all-time favorite Devil (in some ways Palms reminds me of him, in that he too has had to slog with way through on some bad Devils team, and that, like Mac, it feels like he fights and claws for everything he gets).  I have a red and black Ultrafil that I need to get personalized to a MacLean...just haven't gotten around to it yet.  When the Adidas jerseys came out, I snatched up a bunch of blank Edges (some Indo, some Canadian)...I was going to personalize them, but more and more I'm leaning towards saving them for my now-10-year-old daughter...she's already 5' tall, and I think she will easily be 5' 7" or more once she's 14-15.  I have a number of size 54 Edges that I think should fit her decently...maybe a little baggy, but not too much. 

Holik is tough to get these days as his jerseys dried up.  One collector in particular is known to have many (I've heard over 30) of his gamers.  There is not a whole lot left out there and whenever a Holik comes up lately it goes for a good chunk of change.  I once had a preseason Holik that I eventually sold to partially fund a regular season Holik I was able to get.  I sold the preseason Holik within about 2 hours of me posting it.

If Holik these days wasn't hard enough to get, a MacLean is even harder.  For the amount of jerseys he wore in all the years he played for the Devils, there is just not much of his stuff out there and with how many long-time fans love him (including me) that just adds to how tough it is to get one of his jerseys, especially one in the old colors.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Holik is tough to get these days as his jerseys dried up.  One collector in particular is known to have many (I've heard over 30) of his gamers.  There is not a whole lot left out there and whenever a Holik comes up lately it goes for a good chunk of change.  I once had a preseason Holik that I eventually sold to partially fund a regular season Holik I was able to get.  I sold the preseason Holik within about 2 hours of me posting it.

If Holik these days wasn't hard enough to get, a MacLean is even harder.  For the amount of jerseys he wore in all the years he played for the Devils, there is just not much of his stuff out there and with how many long-time fans love him (including me) that just adds to how tough it is to get one of his jerseys, especially one in the old colors.

I know a lot of the old ones are hard to come by, which I why I haven't gone too heavily after them (I do keep my eyes open though).  I don't kid myself about my chances at ever landing a MacLean...what's funny is that even if one ever DID become available, I probably wouldn't want to spend the coin to get it.  The last time that I saw a Mac jersey available, it was on e-bay for about $8k.  That was probably about 10 years ago, heh heh. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know a lot of the old ones are hard to come by, which I why I haven't gone too heavily after them (I do keep my eyes open though).  I don't kid myself about my chances at ever landing a MacLean...what's funny is that even if one ever DID become available, I probably wouldn't want to spend the coin to get it.  The last time that I saw a Mac jersey available, it was on e-bay for about $8k.  That was probably about 10 years ago, heh heh. 

If that was for a red and black one then that's a bit too high, but red and green then that is probably in the ballpark.  His jerseys are just so freaking rare.

The list of players I really want is thankfully getting much smaller, which is helping.  Thomas and Odelein was on that list so that's why I was all over this auction.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

If that was for a red and black one then that's a bit too high, but red and green then that is probably in the ballpark.  His jerseys are just so freaking rare.

The list of players I really want is thankfully getting much smaller, which is helping.  Thomas and Odelein was on that list so that's why I was all over this auction.

Was an OLD red and green...skinny font and all.  Had some pretty heavy wear from what I remember.  I think that's the only MacLean I ever saw being available. 

Got these in yesterday.  Steve Thomas 98 white playoff set and Lyle Odelein 98-99 white set 2.  Thomas has light wear with some stick/puck marks as well a couple of small unrepaired holes on the right sleeve.  The Odelein has solid wear with multiple unrepaired holes on both sleeves and decent amount of stick/puck marks throughout.  Interesting part about them is that both are goalie cuts.  The Thomas is a 54 goalie cut and not sure on the Odelein as the size tag is missing, but it is definitely bigger than the Thomas.  Love both of them and glad to have them!

IMG_4069.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

Didn't even know Size 54 goalie cuts existed, heh heh.  I'm so used to seeing 58 and 60s.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:48 PM, Lemieux16 said:

Got my Albelin in today. Very light wear but some good stick marks on the sleeves and one mark right through the crest. Very excited to add this to the collection.

Nice!  That's certainly more wear than on my Albelin haha.  Glad you like it and happy to hear you didn't get the wrong item (been seeing issues with the seller regarding that).

58 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nice!  That's certainly more wear than on my Albelin haha.  Glad you like it and happy to hear you didn't get the wrong item (been seeing issues with the seller regarding that).

Thanks. Really happy to get it in. Heard of a lot of bad experiences with the seller. Very thankful mine was flawless and it was shipped a lot faster than what i thought it would be.

This is the first jersey i've bought in a few months. Been having the itch for a while but nothing out there i really had to have. Thought once i got this one in my itch for a new jersey would go away but just made it stronger haha. Hobby is addicting for sure haha.

5 hours ago, Lemieux16 said:

Thanks. Really happy to get it in. Heard of a lot of bad experiences with the seller. Very thankful mine was flawless and it was shipped a lot faster than what i thought it would be.

This is the first jersey i've bought in a few months. Been having the itch for a while but nothing out there i really had to have. Thought once i got this one in my itch for a new jersey would go away but just made it stronger haha. Hobby is addicting for sure haha.

The seller certainly had a funny way of packing the jerseys.  When I felt the LOA's in the middle of the jerseys I was thinking the worst, but thankfully it was OK.  I once did receive a jersey where the seller thought the best way to send it was with the LOA crumbled inside the jersey without any folder or protection.  That was a wonderful surprise lol.

I've been buying 1-2 a month now again.  Back in the spring I sort of slowed down where I got maybe 2 jerseys over 2 months.  I have been looking at the Thomas Meigray has for months now and when I made an offer about 1-2 weeks before the expo, they told me the consignor will not budge on his asking price.  I have been looking for an Odelein for a while and when I made 2 posts in the fall of last year I got only 1 response which was a "make an offer I can't refuse" sort of response.  There was also another Odelein on eBay about 5-6 months ago but that had practically no wear at all so I passed on it at the last second (I was watching it up till the very end trying to decide).  The Odelein I received has some nice wear with plenty of damage on the sleeves.

14 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

The seller certainly had a funny way of packing the jerseys.  When I felt the LOA's in the middle of the jerseys I was thinking the worst, but thankfully it was OK.  I once did receive a jersey where the seller thought the best way to send it was with the LOA crumbled inside the jersey without any folder or protection.  That was a wonderful surprise lol.

I've been buying 1-2 a month now again.  Back in the spring I sort of slowed down where I got maybe 2 jerseys over 2 months.  I have been looking at the Thomas Meigray has for months now and when I made an offer about 1-2 weeks before the expo, they told me the consignor will not budge on his asking price.  I have been looking for an Odelein for a while and when I made 2 posts in the fall of last year I got only 1 response which was a "make an offer I can't refuse" sort of response.  There was also another Odelein on eBay about 5-6 months ago but that had practically no wear at all so I passed on it at the last second (I was watching it up till the very end trying to decide).  The Odelein I received has some nice wear with plenty of damage on the sleeves.

Yeah I wasn't expecting the jerseys to be shipped like they were. Very happy that nothing was damaged and it turned out perfect in the end. I've been very lucky where I haven't had a bad experience with shipping other then some sellers taking longer than I would like getting then out haha.

Mine collecting seems to come in spurts. A lot of the year I cant make my mind up on something or just cant get the price to where I want it to be. But then all of a sudden 4 or 5 jerseys will all pop up at once and I go nuts. I'm being a little more cautious right now as i am in the process of getting married and building a house all within the next few months. However, i did finally pull the trigger on a jersey I have had my eye on for a couple years. Worked out a fair price and i really cant wait to get it in this week. 

I do believe the hobby most of the time works out. If you pass on something. most of the time something better will come along down the road. Just like the Odelin & Thomas in your case. Both were something you were looking for and in the end you got better jerseys for less money. 

53 minutes ago, Lemieux16 said:

Yeah I wasn't expecting the jerseys to be shipped like they were. Very happy that nothing was damaged and it turned out perfect in the end. I've been very lucky where I haven't had a bad experience with shipping other then some sellers taking longer than I would like getting then out haha.

Mine collecting seems to come in spurts. A lot of the year I cant make my mind up on something or just cant get the price to where I want it to be. But then all of a sudden 4 or 5 jerseys will all pop up at once and I go nuts. I'm being a little more cautious right now as i am in the process of getting married and building a house all within the next few months. However, i did finally pull the trigger on a jersey I have had my eye on for a couple years. Worked out a fair price and i really cant wait to get it in this week. 

I do believe the hobby most of the time works out. If you pass on something. most of the time something better will come along down the road. Just like the Odelin & Thomas in your case. Both were something you were looking for and in the end you got better jerseys for less money. 

Nice!  What did you end up getting?

I find that more and more the stuff that is desirable really doesn't change a whole lot in pricing.  In other words I am not going to pass on something I really want because it is 10-20% more than I think it should be.  I have done that too many times in the past only to get burned worse later on.  I have certainly overpaid on things in the last couple of years, but in the end those jerseys I want either 1) never come up again for sale or 2) when they do, they are even higher.

I do think the Thomas on Meigray is better than the one I got due to mine being worn in 3 games versus the one at Meigray being worn on several games.  The wear is also certainly more on the Meigray one than mine (the Meigray one did have a ton of marks on it but no repairs that I saw which struck me when I saw it in person).  However, I am not going to pay a $300+ premium on some more marks on my jersey.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nice!  What did you end up getting?

I find that more and more the stuff that is desirable really doesn't change a whole lot in pricing.  In other words I am not going to pass on something I really want because it is 10-20% more than I think it should be.  I have done that too many times in the past only to get burned worse later on.  I have certainly overpaid on things in the last couple of years, but in the end those jerseys I want either 1) never come up again for sale or 2) when they do, they are even higher.

I do think the Thomas on Meigray is better than the one I got due to mine being worn in 3 games versus the one at Meigray being worn on several games.  The wear is also certainly more on the Meigray one than mine (the Meigray one did have a ton of marks on it but no repairs that I saw which struck me when I saw it in person).  However, I am not going to pay a $300+ premium on some more marks on my jersey.

I picked up the 15-16 Henrique from the game in Nashville where he scored the game tying goal with 38 seconds and then the overtime winner. I was at that game and i own both those goal pucks. He has always been a favorite of mine and I've always had my eye on this jersey. Its something that will never leave the collection.

I agree on that. I have overpaid for multiple things because they are something I truly want in my collection and i know they will never leave my hands. I also believe that i have grabbed some jerseys at crazy low prices so in all I like to think it balances out in the end. Helps me sleep at night when i look at some prices I've paid ha. But a jersey is worth however much someone values it in the end.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.