The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Going for Palms for the Toronto HHOF jerseys because he's my current favorite Devil, and because I have one of his Edge whites and Edge reds...I snagged his Global jersey (Adidas red), so now I'd like to get one of his Adidas whites, as long as the price doesn't get stupid...admittedly I'm not a huge fan of the Adidas jerseys (they still feel like a downgrade in every way from the Edge layout), but I do like the white ones a bit more.  Looking to get a Palms Heritage once it's available...then I'm probably chilling for quite a while.  I like to wear my jerseys (both to games and sometimes watching a game at home, though I haven't been doing the latter much at all this season), and I have more than enough GWs to fill that need (along with GIs and DCs).  I have some blank Edges (size 54 and 56, both Indo and Canadian) that I was going to customize at some point, but now I'm leaning more and more toward saving them for my daughter (she's now 10).  I think she'll definitely be able to wear the 54s some day...she's 10 years old and already 5' tall.  I'm thinking she'll be about 5' 8" or more by time she's fully grown.  Will be cool to be able to give her pristine Edges that have basically have been frozen in time...I haven't worn any of the blanks (only to try them on briefly). 

And you are right Lemieux16, there's just too many patches lately, and bidders seem to be catching on to that...maybe it's due to the fact that the auctions have been on meigray (some fans might not be aware of them).  I got my Global Palms for much less than I would've thought going in...but then again, the auction results can be a bit wacky sometimes (like Wood selling for much more than Palms).  Like DM84 pointed out, you're basically going to have competing HHOF auctions.  Who knows, maybe some people who missed out on Brodeur Night jerseys decide to go more in on a Brodeur Night HHOF? 

And DM84 is also right, the Marty HHOF jerseys feel very redundant (I would say unnecessary)...I would much rather have one of his retirement night jerseys (they're Edges, and the night was FAR more memorable and special, for very obvious reasons), and I already have Zajac's Brodeur Night, so I'm covered there.  The Marty HHOF feels like an excuse to throw yet another patch on a jersey.  Don't like it. 

17 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Going for Palms for the Toronto HHOF jerseys because he's my current favorite Devil, and because I have one of his Edge whites and Edge reds...I snagged his Global jersey (Adidas red), so now I'd like to get one of his Adidas whites, as long as the price doesn't get stupid...admittedly I'm not a huge fan of the Adidas jerseys (they still feel like a downgrade in every way from the Edge layout), but I do like the white ones a bit more.  Looking to get a Palms Heritage once it's available...then I'm probably chilling for quite a while.  I like to wear my jerseys (both to games and sometimes watching a game at home, though I haven't been doing the latter much at all this season), and I have more than enough GWs to fill that need (along with GIs and DCs).  I have some blank Edges (size 54 and 56, both Indo and Canadian) that I was going to customize at some point, but now I'm leaning more and more toward saving them for my daughter (she's now 10).  I think she'll definitely be able to wear the 54s some day...she's 10 years old and already 5' tall.  I'm thinking she'll be about 5' 8" or more by time she's fully grown.  Will be cool to be able to give her pristine Edges that have basically have been frozen in time...I haven't worn any of the blanks (only to try them on briefly). 

And you are right Lemieux16, there's just too many patches lately, and bidders seem to be catching on to that...maybe it's due to the fact that the auctions have been on meigray (some fans might not be aware of them).  I got my Global Palms for much less than I would've thought going in...but then again, the auction results can be a bit wacky sometimes (like Wood selling for much more than Palms).  Like DM84 pointed out, you're basically going to have competing HHOF auctions.  Who knows, maybe some people who missed out on Brodeur Night jerseys decide to go more in on a Brodeur Night HHOF? 

And DM84 is also right, the Marty HHOF jerseys feel very redundant (I would say unnecessary)...I would much rather have one of his retirement night jerseys (they're Edges, and the night was FAR more memorable and special, for very obvious reasons), and I already have Zajac's Brodeur Night, so I'm covered there.  The Marty HHOF feels like an excuse to throw yet another patch on a jersey.  Don't like it. 

What's funny is that the Devils are only just catching up to what a lot of other teams have been doing regarding patches.  Flyers induct players both into their franchise HoF and then retire their number.  Both occasions have a special patch for this.  They even have specialty "event-worn" jerseys for their Wives Carnival they hold every year (which are now up for auction on Meigray as well as I write this post).  I can only imagine what other events will be patched over going forward.  At least HHOF games and overseas games aren't happening every year, but who knows what they have in store next year.  Maybe a return of the already somewhat forgotten Ring of Fire induction game?

I'm not a game worn collector but I have bids in on various jerseys in both the Toronto HHOF and Marty HHOF night selections. Basically just because you can't get the Made in Canada Adidas blanks, otherwise I would do that and just have them customized as I choose. 

I don't believe I have a very good chance of winning because I am basically bidding on what I would be willing to pay for a retail authentic, although DevsMan84 says I may be in the right range anyway and he's more expert in these matters than I am. 

Regarding the Marty HHOF night, I don't really have a problem with it. One night for retiring his number, one night for the Hall of Fame. Dude did a pretty nice job for the franchise for a few years, I think having Marty night once a year might be warranted lol. 

There's almost always bargains to be had (relatively speaking) with the GIs.  That's how I broke into the whole hobby...with a GI McMullen Night Auvitu (though not through an auction).

Admittedly I still kind of buy any GW Adidas jerseys with gritted teeth...just because I'll never truly warm up to them...if I wind up with the HHOF Palms, I don't know that I would buy another one any time soon...I'm really happy that I have Edges of Palms, Hall, Bratt, Wood, and Zajac (as well as some others).  It's really the Heritage ones that I'm stoked for this year...I'm still a little surprised that the one jersey that I was hoping to see on the ice again (never full-time though) actually came to fruition. 

I won both Palms and Severson...I put in a max for Palms and for a while it didn't look like it would be reached...in the end, it wasn't, but the ending bid was much closer to that amount than I was expecting.  Ditto Severson...his went off at just below my max bid as well.

Hall and Nico blew up at the end, as would be expected, but considering how much other jerseys of theirs have fetched, even their HHOF jerseys went off at a not-too-crazy cost.  Much as I hate to say it, I think Palms at $990 is one of the worse buys of this group...especially since there were a number of bargains to be had. 

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I won both Palms and Severson...I put in a max for Palms and for a while it didn't look like it would be reached...in the end, it wasn't, but the ending bid was much closer to that amount than I was expecting.  Ditto Severson...his went off at just below my max bid as well.

Hall and Nico blew up at the end, as would be expected, but considering how much other jerseys of theirs have fetched, even their HHOF jerseys went off at a not-too-crazy cost.  Much as I hate to say it, I think Palms at $990 is one of the worse buys of this group...especially since there were a number of bargains to be had. 

Hate to say it but I agree about the Palms.  I guess someone really wanted it too.

Greene is probably the best buy of the group.  Vats, Wood and Mojo were pretty good too.

36 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Hate to say it but I agree about the Palms.  I guess someone really wanted it too.

Greene is probably the best buy of the group.  Vats, Wood and Mojo were pretty good too.

I definitely would've taken Coleman over Severson...Sevs is growing on me, but I really like Coleman's game.  Eventually when I get over having (over)paid for this Palms, I might snag one of his #40 Edges. 

Hall is listed twice, as a GW and GI...assuming that's an error?

Looks like the GW community suffered from a bit of auction burnout; hence, the many bargains and very reasonable pricing in general (I didn't even dip my toes in on this one)...I'm guessing a chunk of the GW buyers are saving their $$$ for the Heritage jerseys. 

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hall is listed twice, as a GW and GI...assuming that's an error?

Looks like the GW community suffered from a bit of auction burnout; hence, the many bargains and very reasonable pricing in general (I didn't even dip my toes in on this one)...I'm guessing a chunk of the GW buyers are saving their $$$ for the Heritage jerseys. 

Nope, there are/were indeed 2 Halls in the auction.

Hall switched sizes from 56 to 54 back in the second week of the season.  That's why there is currently a $2995 Hall sitting for sale at Meigray as it was only worn in 2 games (games 2 & 3 against Wash and SJ) and it is a size 56.  He switched to wearing a size 54 the next game at home against Dallas.

I am thinking this batch of patched jerseys were made right when the season started.  However, since he switched sizes afterwards they had another size 54 jersey made up with the patch that he wore for the game.  It looks like they decided to throw the unused 56 they made for him earlier up into the auction.

• 2 months later...

Below is what I calculate on how many games each player wore their Heritage jersey set.  Only 8 out of 34 were worn in all 4 games due to injuries, call-ups and trades.

Note that Blackwood was only worn for part of a game as relief for KK in the 12/23 game.

Heritage Games.jpg

Edited by DevsMan84

• 2 weeks later...

Got some new additions over the past 7 days:

1) Blake Coleman 2018-19 Heritage jersey.  Worn by Blake in all 4 games and have it matched to 18 photos over 3 of the 4 games.

2) Sergei Brylin 1998-99 white set 1.  Like most Brylins this is killed with wear.

3) Brian Rafalski 2006-07 white set 2 with 25th anniversary patch.  Light wear and shortened sleeves.  Been looking for one of his gamers for a while now and happy to have it.

As you know, I snagged Palms' Black ASG jersey (paid way too much for that one), and Bratt's Heritage...one of the "4 game" club, heh heh.  Haven't gotten that one yet. 

• Like 1

Picked up my Bratt Heritage jersey yesterday.  Apparently some of these had numbers that were sewn on a little off-center (DM84’s was one of them), but mine didn’t have this issue.  No obvious wear, but it’s a sweet jersey...a shame that you can’t get legit “like they wear on the ice” Adidas jerseys unless you go game-worn.

Seeing the Heritage with the wider shoulder yoke makes me wish that the Devils would widen the yoke on the regular jerseys, but I doubt the current design will ever be tweaked.  We’ll probably just get another re-design...who knows when (I’m thinking it won’t happen for at least five years).

• 8 months later...

2019 Military Appreciation night warmup jersey results:

Player  Final Bid  Worn
Hughes, Jack  $  2,710.00 Worn
Hischier, Nico  $  1,260.00 Worn
Palmieri, Kyle  $  1,210.00 Worn
Coleman, Blake  $  1,110.00 Worn
Blackwood, MacKenzie  $     800.00 Worn
Zajac, Travis  $     750.00 Worn
Gusev, Nikita  $     720.00 Worn
Hall, Taylor  $     716.25 Worn
Greene, Andy  $     625.55 Worn
Subban, PK  $     620.00 Worn
Wood, Miles  $     620.00 Worn
Simmonds, Wayne  $     610.00 Worn
Zacha, Pavel  $     590.00 Worn
Butcher, Will  $     575.00 Worn
NJ Devil  $     560.00 Mascot
Schnieder, Cory  $     550.00 Worn
Severson, Damon  $     540.00 Worn
Vatanen, Sami  $     540.00 Issued
Boqvist, Jesper  $     510.00 Worn
Bratt, Jesper  $     500.00 Worn
Carrick, Connor  $     445.00 Issued
Rooney, Kevin  $     410.00 Issued
Hayden, John  $     400.00 Issued
Mueller, Mirco  $     400.00 Worn
Tennyson, Matt  $     400.00 Worn

Hall obviously would've gone for considerably more had he re-signed.  PK would've gone for more if he wasn't borderline washed-up and on a fast-track decline.  And yeah, there were some nice prices in there, for a number of lots.

I won the Hischier...very happy, in that I don't have any Hischiers yet, and that he should be here for many years.  Also happen to like him a lot as a player.

Was in on Hischier, Hughes, Palms, Butcher and Coleman (obviously wasn't trying to win all five...I figured it would be one or two).  Bowed out on Hughes once the bidding got into the mid $2k range...I'm guessing whoever won that one had a max of about $3k for that one.  Once I won Hischier, I pretty much let the other ones go with raising my max.  Would've like to have won Palms too (especially since he's so active with the military), but he's already well-represented in my collection. 

And speaking of Hall...I have one of his white and one of his red Edges (from his first season here), and I gotta admit, I'm just about 100% sure that I will never wear them again to games when he leaves.  Kinda sucks, I bought them on a leap of faith after his MVP season.  They have nice wear...marks, repairs, you name it.  Kind of a bummer.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hall obviously would've gone for considerably more had he re-signed.  PK would've gone for more if he wasn't borderline washed-up and on a fast-track decline.  And yeah, there were some nice prices in there, for a number of lots.

I won the Hischier...very happy, in that I don't have any Hischiers yet, and that he should be here for many years.  Also happen to like him a lot as a player.

Was in on Hischier, Hughes, Palms, Butcher and Coleman (obviously wasn't trying to win all five...I figured it would be one or two).  Bowed out on Hughes once the bidding got into the mid $2k range...I'm guessing whoever won that one had a max of about $3k for that one.  Once I won Hischier, I pretty much let the other ones go with raising my max.  Would've like to have won Palms too (especially since he's so active with the military), but he's already well-represented in my collection. 

And speaking of Hall...I have one of his white and one of his red Edges (from his first season here), and I gotta admit, I'm just about 100% sure that I will never wear them again to games when he leaves.  Kinda sucks, I bought them on a leap of faith after his MVP season.  They have nice wear...marks, repairs, you name it.  Kind of a bummer.   

Congrats on picking up the Nico!

19 hours ago, JWomp said:

Congrats on picking up the Nico!

Thanks!  Just got it today.  Very happy with it...fits great and it looks sharp.  Nico signed it on the bottom part of the “3”.  

My collecting pace has slowed considerably over the last few years, but I had a few big splurges this year. In August, I completed a matching A-Line trio (all three are 01-02 white set 2s) and last week I added an 01-02 Vanbiesbrouck red set 2, 06-07 Parise white set 2, and 00-01 Mogilny preseason. Definitely need to take a break now!!

A-Line front.JPG

A-Line back.JPG

Beezer front.jpg

Beezer back.jpg

Parise front.jpg

Parise back.jpg

Moginy front.jpg

Mogilny back.jpg

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.