The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

On 5/5/2021 at 9:45 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Those goalie cuts look so huge, heh heh...nice grab mfitz!

It’s actually cut significantly smaller than my other 58G. Does have the big arms but you get used to those. Being a big guy and liking a baggy jersey anyway, it’s just what I was looking for. 

32 minutes ago, JWomp said:

LOVE that Blackwood!! Congrats. Really, really cool.

Thanks!! 

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s actually cut significantly smaller than my other 58G. Does have the big arms but you get used to those. Being a big guy and liking a baggy jersey anyway, it’s just what I was looking for. 

Thanks!! 

You're welcome! What other Devils goalies do you have? 

Devils Military night auctions ended last night.  This season they had the warm-up jerseys, sticks and nameplates.

Jerseys:

Player Price
Hischier, Nico  $ 1,600.00
Sharangovich, Yegor  $ 1,517.00
Bratt, Jesper  $    851.00
Hughes, Jack  $    750.00
Wood, Miles  $    710.00
Smith, Ty  $    624.00
Bahl, Kevin  $    600.00
Mascot  $    550.00
Blackwood, Mackenzie  $    550.00
Foote, Nolan  $    550.00
Subban, PK  $    500.00
Severson, Damon  $    451.99
Boqvist, Jesper  $    450.00
McLeod, Michael  $    450.00
Zacha, Pavel  $    400.00
Dell, Aaron  $    400.00
Kuokkanen, Janne  $    400.00
Maltsev, Mikhail  $    400.00
Merkley, Nick  $    400.00
Murray, Ryan  $    400.00
Siegenthaler, Jonas  $    400.00
Wedgewood, Scott  $    350.00
Bastian, Nathan  $    350.00
Carrick, Connor  $    350.00
Johnsson, Andreas  $    350.00
Tennyson, Matt  $    350.00
Butcher, Will

$    300.00

Sticks:

Player Price
Wood, Miles  $ 550.00
Zacha, Pavel  $ 550.00
Hughes, Jack  $ 525.01
Hischier, Nico  $ 425.00
Blackwood, Mackenzie  $ 375.00
Smith, Ty  $ 375.00
Sharangovich, Yegor  $ 325.00
McLeod, Michael  $ 275.00
Bratt, Jesper  $ 250.00
Bahl, Kevin  $ 225.00
Carrick, Connor  $ 200.00
Murray, Ryan  $ 200.00
Wedgewood, Scott  $ 200.00
Boqvist, Jesper  $ 175.00
Butcher, Will  $ 175.00
Maltsev, Mikhail  $ 175.00
Merkley, Nick  $ 175.00
Severson, Damon  $ 175.00
Bastian, Nathan  $ 150.00
Kuokkanen, Janne  $ 150.00

Nameplates:

Player Price
Hischier, Nico  $ 400.00
Blackwood, Mackenzie  $ 350.00
Hughes, Jack  $ 350.00
Wood, Miles  $ 325.00
Zacha, Pavel  $ 300.00
Bahl, Kevin  $ 225.00
Subban, PK  $ 225.00
Smith, Ty  $ 175.00
Sharangovich, Yegor  $ 150.00
Bratt, Jesper  $ 140.00
Foote, Nolan  $ 130.00
Kuokkanen, Janne  $ 125.00
Severson, Damon  $ 125.00
Wedgewood, Scott  $ 105.00
Murray, Ryan  $ 100.00
Dell, Aaron  $   75.00
Johnsson, Andreas  $   75.00
Maltsev, Mikhail  $   75.00
McLeod, Michael  $   75.00
Merkley, Nick  $   75.00
Siegenthaler, Jonas  $   75.00
Tennyson, Matt  $   75.00
Bastian, Nathan  $   50.00
Boqvist, Jesper  $   50.00
Butcher, Will  $   50.00
Carrick, Connor  $   50.00

Not a gameworn, but one I found cool anyway (explanation below):

As some know, when Kansas City was awarded a franchise ahead of the 1974 season (along with Washington), the original choice for the team nickname was the MO-hawks (spelled just that way, as a nod to Missouri, since Kansas City straddles the Kansas/Missouri border)...the prototype jersey was this:

BzDPQ0VCAAIv8P8.png:large

Of course, it was hard to imagine that a certain other team that had ALREADY had "Hawks" as part of their nickname (not to mention a Native American head as a crest) wouldn't have something to say about such a blatant copy of their design (some would call it a flat-out ripoff).  And of course the Chicago Black Hawks (back then it was two words) struck this design down...so the MO-Hawks quickly became the Scouts (based on a Native American Scout statue found in KC, which became the team logo), and that was that.

Always found this jersey very cool as it's a VERY early part of the Devils' franchise history, but of course there's only one "real" prototype in existence (think DM84 once told me a road version exists somewhere as well, but I've never seen photos of it anywhere).

Found this one day not long ago on ebay, and decided to take the plunge.  Gotta admit, it's pretty well-made, and much better than I ever could've expected...multiple layers of twill for the logo and numbers, and though not shade nor stitch-perfect, I think it's pretty damned close.  Fits very well:

Image 1 - Kansas City Scouts Mohawks (MO-Hawks) prototype replica jersey

What's kinda sad is that it's clear from this design that the stripes that looked borderline garish and overly busy on the Scouts jerseys (and that didn't tie in with the generally monochrome Scouts crest at all) actually worked well with the far more colorful "MO-Hawk" logo...the jersey was supposed to have a war-paint feel to it.  That tie-in was lost with the Scouts logo (and the decision to go with pure white as opposed to off-white for the Scouts jersey body made the stripes stand out even more, in a bad way).

Anyway, glad I snagged this.  Will definitely wear this to a game.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

On 5/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, JWomp said:

You're welcome! What other Devils goalies do you have? 

Blackwood home, road, and back-up practice game worns, Blackwood heritage that was another player and stripped/redone, Kinkaid 2018 HFC warmup worn, Schneider 2019 HFC GI, Domingue 2019 Military Appreciation GI. 

That's it as far as worn/issued jerseys. 

On 5/7/2021 at 1:07 PM, DevsMan84 said:

Devils Military night auctions ended last night.  This season they had the warm-up jerseys, sticks and nameplates.

Jerseys:

Player Price
Hischier, Nico  $ 1,600.00
Sharangovich, Yegor  $ 1,517.00
Bratt, Jesper  $    851.00
Hughes, Jack  $    750.00
Wood, Miles  $    710.00
Smith, Ty  $    624.00
Bahl, Kevin  $    600.00
Mascot  $    550.00
Blackwood, Mackenzie  $    550.00
Foote, Nolan  $    550.00
Subban, PK  $    500.00
Severson, Damon  $    451.99
Boqvist, Jesper  $    450.00
McLeod, Michael  $    450.00
Zacha, Pavel  $    400.00
Dell, Aaron  $    400.00
Kuokkanen, Janne  $    400.00
Maltsev, Mikhail  $    400.00
Merkley, Nick  $    400.00
Murray, Ryan  $    400.00
Siegenthaler, Jonas  $    400.00
Wedgewood, Scott  $    350.00
Bastian, Nathan  $    350.00
Carrick, Connor  $    350.00
Johnsson, Andreas  $    350.00
Tennyson, Matt  $    350.00
Butcher, Will

$    300.00

Sticks:

Player Price
Wood, Miles  $ 550.00
Zacha, Pavel  $ 550.00
Hughes, Jack  $ 525.01
Hischier, Nico  $ 425.00
Blackwood, Mackenzie  $ 375.00
Smith, Ty  $ 375.00
Sharangovich, Yegor  $ 325.00
McLeod, Michael  $ 275.00
Bratt, Jesper  $ 250.00
Bahl, Kevin  $ 225.00
Carrick, Connor  $ 200.00
Murray, Ryan  $ 200.00
Wedgewood, Scott  $ 200.00
Boqvist, Jesper  $ 175.00
Butcher, Will  $ 175.00
Maltsev, Mikhail  $ 175.00
Merkley, Nick  $ 175.00
Severson, Damon  $ 175.00
Bastian, Nathan  $ 150.00
Kuokkanen, Janne  $ 150.00

Nameplates:

Player Price
Hischier, Nico  $ 400.00
Blackwood, Mackenzie  $ 350.00
Hughes, Jack  $ 350.00
Wood, Miles  $ 325.00
Zacha, Pavel  $ 300.00
Bahl, Kevin  $ 225.00
Subban, PK  $ 225.00
Smith, Ty  $ 175.00
Sharangovich, Yegor  $ 150.00
Bratt, Jesper  $ 140.00
Foote, Nolan  $ 130.00
Kuokkanen, Janne  $ 125.00
Severson, Damon  $ 125.00
Wedgewood, Scott  $ 105.00
Murray, Ryan  $ 100.00
Dell, Aaron  $   75.00
Johnsson, Andreas  $   75.00
Maltsev, Mikhail  $   75.00
McLeod, Michael  $   75.00
Merkley, Nick  $   75.00
Siegenthaler, Jonas  $   75.00
Tennyson, Matt  $   75.00
Bastian, Nathan  $   50.00
Boqvist, Jesper  $   50.00
Butcher, Will  $   50.00
Carrick, Connor  $   50.00

Wow, I would have bought the Blackwood for that cheap. Damn.

On 5/12/2021 at 3:17 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As some know, when Kansas City was awarded a franchise ahead of the 1974 season (along with Washington), the original choice for the team nickname was the MO-hawks (spelled just that way, as a nod to Missouri, since Kansas City straddles the Kansas/Missouri border)...the prototype jersey was this:

Of course, it was hard to imagine that a certain other team that had ALREADY had "Hawks" as part of their nickname (not to mention a Native American head as a crest) wouldn't have something to say about such a blatant copy of their design (some would call it a flat-out ripoff).  And of course the Chicago Black Hawks (back then it was two words) struck this design down...so the MO-Hawks quickly became the Scouts (based on a Native American Scout statue found in KC, which became the team logo), and that was that.

Always found this jersey very cool as it's a VERY early part of the Devils' franchise history, but of course there's only one "real" prototype in existence (think DM84 once told me a road version exists somewhere as well, but I've never seen photos of it anywhere).

Found this one day not long ago on ebay, and decided to take the plunge.  Gotta admit, it's pretty well-made, and much better than I ever could've expected...multiple layers of twill for the logo and numbers, and though not shade nor stitch-perfect, I think it's pretty damned close.  Fits very well:

What's kinda sad is that it's clear from this design that the stripes that looked borderline garish and overly busy on the Scouts jerseys (and that didn't tie in with the generally monochrome Scouts crest at all) actually worked well with the far more colorful "MO-Hawk" logo...the jersey was supposed to have a war-paint feel to it.  That tie-in was lost with the Scouts logo (and the decision to go with pure white as opposed to off-white for the Scouts jersey body made the stripes stand out even more, in a bad way).

That is cool. Nice pickup!

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow, I would have bought the Blackwood for that cheap. Damn.

Some of those prices are likely a reflection of "auction fatigue."  Devils had auctions for HFC night, Pride night, and Military night in a span of about 4 weeks.

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Some of those prices are likely a reflection of "auction fatigue."  Devils had auctions for HFC night, Pride night, and Military night in a span of about 4 weeks.

I guess I didn’t really need it. Part of me says I could have sold my Domingue military and bought the Blackwood, but where would I get the other $500?

On 5/12/2021 at 3:17 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I do remember seeing the road version, but I would have to look it up since it was years ago.  It was a photo I saw and not in person.

Also to add, the lettering for the Scouts was done by Gunzo's, who was the long-time customizer for the Chicago Blackhawks.  The lettering done for the Scouts was the exact same font as Chicago which only added to the similarities.

It's a really nice replica and done quite well.  Better than a lot of other sorta "home-brew" replicas you see such as the Utica Devils (where the U is in a weird shape and the shoulder patches are completely wrong).  

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess I didn’t really need it. Part of me says I could have sold my Domingue military and bought the Blackwood, but where would I get the other $500?

I think you could probably get at least $250 for the Domingue.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Just a completely random eBay search (every now I’ll search for Scouts/Rockies/Devils stuff, just to see what comes up), and as soon as I saw that, I was like “No way!  It’s probably crappy, but what the hell, why not?”  Very pleasantly surprised that it’s both well-made and pretty damned close to the real deal.  I’d recommend it to anyone who’d want to wear a nice replica of this franchise‘s early history.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I do remember seeing the road version, but I would have to look it up since it was years ago.  It was a photo I saw and not in person.

Also to add, the lettering for the Scouts was done by Gunzo's, who was the long-time customizer for the Chicago Blackhawks.  The lettering done for the Scouts was the exact same font as Chicago which only added to the similarities.

It's a really nice replica and done quite well.  Better than a lot of other sorta "home-brew" replicas you see such as the Utica Devils (where the U is in a weird shape and the shoulder patches are completely wrong).  

Yeah I know told you this elsewhere, but I’d say it’s about 85-90% accurate.  The crest is incredibly well-made.  The jersey is personalized too...no nameplate, but has the number “1” (font accurate) on the back and sleeves.  Looks sharp.

I still wonder why the design team spent so much time on that crest...how did anyone in that franchise think the Black Hawks would allow that into the NHL?  The Native American head is even facing in the same direction...at least try face front?  Just odd.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just a completely random eBay search (every now I’ll search for Scouts/Rockies/Devils stuff, just to see what comes up), and as soon as I saw that, I was like “No way!  It’s probably crappy, but what the hell, why not?”  Very pleasantly surprised that it’s both well-made and pretty damned close to the real deal.  I’d recommend it to anyone who’d want to wear a nice replica of this franchise‘s early history.

Yeah I know told you this elsewhere, but I’d say it’s about 85-90% accurate.  The crest is incredibly well-made.  The jersey is personalized too...no nameplate, but has the number “1” (font accurate) on the back and sleeves.  Looks sharp.

I still wonder why the design team spent so much time on that crest...how did anyone in that franchise think the Black Hawks would allow that into the NHL?  The Native American head is even facing in the same direction...at least try face front?  Just odd.

That’s actually pretty funny, it’s like “well their logo is nice, do something like that” and the guy did the exact same thing and changed the colors lol. 

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s actually pretty funny, it’s like “well their logo is nice, do something like that” and the guy did the exact same thing and changed the colors lol. 

I wonder if the would-be MO-hawks tried the “Vanilla Ice” defense...you know, when he said the bass riff in Ice Ice Baby wasn’t the same as the one from Under Pressure because he added one note.  I could almost hear it: “Well, there’s a similarity, but their logo has FOUR feathers, all on the side of its head!  Ours just has ONE, on top!  Totally not the same!”

They have the Golden Arches...we have the Golden...Arcs.

What’s kinda funny is that you can tell the franchise really didn’t have much of a Plan B...they should’ve just started over with a completely new design, but kept the stripes (and added extra blue into the sleeve and lower stripes, making everything look more busy), with a logo that was detailed yet somehow bland and just odd at the same time.  As derivative as the prototype clearly was, it did have a “legit” look for the era in which it was designed.  The rushed-looking Scouts jersey just didn’t really work...the home whites were somewhat passable, but those road blues were just hideous.  

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I wonder if the would-be MO-hawks tried the “Vanilla Ice” defense...you know, when he said the bass riff in Ice Ice Baby wasn’t the same as the one from Under Pressure because he added one note.  I could almost hear it: “Well, there’s a similarity, but their logo has FOUR feathers, all on the side of its head!  Ours just has ONE, on top!  Totally not the same!”

They have the Golden Arches...we have the Golden...Arcs.

What’s kinda funny is that you can tell the franchise really didn’t have much of a Plan B...they should’ve just started over with a completely new design, but kept the stripes (and added extra blue into the sleeve and lower stripes, making everything look more busy), with a logo that was detailed yet somehow bland and just odd at the same time.  As derivative as the prototype clearly was, it did have a “legit” look for the era in which it was designed.  The rushed-looking Scouts jersey just didn’t really work...the home whites were somewhat passable, but those road blues were just hideous.  

Ahh yes, the “little bitty ting...it’s not the same” defense. 

One last note...not sure what color shirts you guys wear underneath your Devils jerseys...I tend to go with form-fitting gray exercise shirts (for all types of Devils jerseys).  Doesn’t work with the Mohawk jersey at all, but tried a red undershirt, and that works perfectly.  Only real complaint (relatively minor one) is that I wish the blue V-neck was a just little tighter and smaller.  Oh well.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One last note...not sure what color shirts you guys wear underneath your Devils jerseys...I tend to go with form-fitting gray exercise shirts (for all types of Devils jerseys).  Doesn’t work with the Mohawk jersey at all, but tried a red undershirt, and that works perfectly.  Only real complaint (relatively minor one) is that I wish the blue V-neck was a just little tighter and smaller.  Oh well.

I usually wear a black t-shirt under homr or road. Sometimes a white one with the road.

I've only worn my Reverse Retro in the house and I just put it on over whatever t-shirt I was already wearing (I believe that shirt was navy blue for the last game of the season) because who cares. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I usually wear a black t-shirt under homr or road. Sometimes a white one with the road.

I've only worn my Reverse Retro in the house and I just put it on over whatever t-shirt I was already wearing (I believe that shirt was navy blue for the last game of the season) because who cares. 

Knew a dude who always wore his jersey over his work clothes to games...often a dress shirt and tie.  For very obvious reasons we called him Draft Pick.

I’ve usually worn gray...sometimes white or black.  Maybe red on a couple of occasions.  The gray just looked really off with the Mohawk jersey.  I’d actually do a red turtleneck with that one in winter.  

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Knew a dude who always wore his jersey over his work clothes to games...often a dress shirt and tie.  For very obvious reasons we called him Draft Pick.

I’ve usually worn gray...sometimes white or black.  Maybe red on a couple of occasions.  The gray just looked really off with the Mohawk jersey.  I’d actually do a red turtleneck with that one in winter.  

Well I don’t do that as a rule...but can’t say I never have. 

Here in Staten Island, plain black t-shirts are practically issued to you, I probably have 6-7 at any given time. So the odds of grabbing one (Expected Black T-Shirt %) are pretty high. 

I have my share of black T-shirts...love Valhalla and Grunt Style.  Also V-necks.

The toughest thing about when the Devils used to make the playoffs was trying not to sweat once it got toasty out going to games, in my jerseys and undershirts...I’d go with the lightest T-shirts I could find to wear under my jerseys...obviously this has not been much of an issue in recent years (though we can get some warm early October days).

I’ll happily accept having to deal with such “inconveniences” in the Mays and Junes to come.  

Figured that I'd throw this up here, in case anyone has any interest...I guess this guy makes one every so often, then puts it up for sale:

Kansas City Scouts Mohawks (MO-Hawks) prototype replica jersey | eBay

Pretty reasonable price...quality is pretty solid...crest and numbers are very well-done, some effort clearly went into the whole jersey...some shades don't match up 100% with the photo of the actual prototype, but the ones that don't aren't that far off.  It's listed as a large (mine was too), but I'd say it feels more like a cross between a L and XL.  Fits well, and I'm 6' 1" and currently about 200 lbs.  Like I mentioned before, my only beef (minor) is that I wish the V-neck was a little bit tighter, but that's really it.  

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Anyone here nab one of the GI Binghamton Devils alternate jerseys that ended on eBay last night?  I was tempted, but passed on them.

I missed out on that...what were they going for?  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.