The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

After 3 years, the Meigray expo will be back this year on July 16th at RVCC in Branchburg, NJ.  I already reserved my table.

Anyone else going or thinking of going?

That's where collectors can show off their goods and buy/sell/trade?  And usually there's a speaker too?  I remember you mentioning Neil Smith (who as we know was EXTREMELY forthcoming) and Mike Rupp as past speakers.  

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's where collectors can show off their goods and buy/sell/trade?  And usually there's a speaker too?  I remember you mentioning Neil Smith (who as we know was EXTREMELY forthcoming) and Mike Rupp as past speakers.  

Yeah most people will have collectors tables.  You can show off with those but you cannot sell.  There are dealer tables for a higher fee and they can sell, but the past few times only 1-3 dealers are there.  They typically do have a speaker and I would say they should have one lined up by Memorial Day or so.

Unless you are in the hobby or interested in the speakers, I would say you will likely be bored.  It is kinda neat though as usually the HHOF has a small display in there and a few years ago brought some of the trophies there as well as other pieces from their collection as well.

I know we've discussed before...hardcore hobbyists from ANY hobby tend to be such a mixed bag...I find this at car shows...so many of them seem touchy and not really people-persons, which always makes me wonder why they bother in the first place.  When my daughter was 5 or 6, there was a car show right in town...at least one owner would give her death stares when she got too close...I had told her to look with her eyes and not her hands, so she wasn't going to touch anything, but to me, it's like, why be so pissy by default?  And most of them just weren't terribly friendly...didn't want to talk much about their rides.  

Curious who the speaker(s) will be.  Keep me posted!

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know we've discussed before...hardcore hobbyists from ANY hobby tend to be such a mixed bag...I find this at car shows...so many of them seem touchy and not really people-persons, which always makes me wonder why they bother in the first place.  When my daughter was 5 or 6, there was a car show right in town...at least one owner would give her death stares when she got too close...I had told her to look with her eyes and not her hands, so she wasn't going to touch anything, but to me, it's like, why be so pissy by default?  And most of them just weren't terribly friendly...didn't want to talk much about their rides.  

Curious who the speaker(s) will be.  Keep me posted!

Yeah that is sometimes in the case in this hobby.  Thankfully I think the non people-persons are the exception more tha the rule.

Yeah I will definitely post when Meigray announces more of the details.

• Like 1

So it has been about 3+ months since my last update on my game worn collection.  Here are my pickups since then:

Viktor Kozlov 2003-04 white set 3/Playoffs

Anton Volchenkov 2012-13 white set 1

David Clarkson 2008-09 white set 1 (he wore 2 white set 1's that year, but I photomatched it to several games in March of 2009 during which he would have been wearing set 2 or 3).

• Like 1

As my username gives away a McLeod fan

Here are his rookie year 2018-19 set 1 red and white (debut and 1st point)

And his 2020-21 set 1 red (first NHL goal), white, and RR

Have the set 2 'Jersey' on order so just needing one of his Heritage jerseys (18-19 or 19-20) which are hidden somewhere out there

20210925_131823.jpg

20210925_130610.jpg

• Like 2

Damn...you're like I am with Palms GW jerseys, heh heh.  I have a ton of his, include this All-Star GW:

1125777353-850x560.jpeg

The only one that I don't have of his is his Reverse Retro.  He was my favorite Devil while he was here...did more than we really could have expected, and most of the time was simply a solid player.    

I'll take a photo of my Palms jerseys sometime and post it here.

• Like 2

BTW McLeod41-20, welcome aboard!  

As far as the Heritage jerseys go, I have a Coleman (courtesy of DM84...of course Blake then got traded to Tampa, but I had committed to DM84 to buy, so I of course honored that...I still like wearing it, so all is good), a Palms (duh) and a Bratt.

As some here already know, I wear my GWs to games and (most of the time) when I'm watching games at home...part of the experience for me...if I don't do that, it feels like something's missing.  I'm always super-careful not to get anything on them.  I plan on giving them all to my daughter someday, who will free to do whatever she wants with them (keep, sell, keep for kids of her own down the line, etc).

Along with the Heritage Coleman, I have one of his white #40 Edges and one of his red #40 Edges.  If he was still here I would have gotten more Colemans...I liked him a lot.

I also have a Bratt Developmental Camp jersey...what I like about this one is it's one of the last times the Devils wore their Edge 2.0 jerseys...by the time the preseason rolled around, they were in their Adidas downgrades.  Also got a Wood DC jersey from the same lot.

Of course, just like with DM84, this is only a small part of my collection...Zajac became my "Event Night" player (I have his Brodeur Retirement Night and Elias Retirement Night jerseys)...also just a plain old Edge Zajac that was way too reasonably priced on ebay to pass up. 

DM84 does much more "buying and later selling" than I do...I tend to hang onto everything, but I'm definitely thinking of thinning out my lot some soon...there's some stuff I have that's just kinda there that doesn't really mean much to me.  Have to get around to actually DOING that.      

• Like 1

15 hours ago, McLeod41-20 said:

So interesting looking at everyone's different themes. I have no intention to sell, I'll just keep looking looking for one of those 2 hidden heritage ones. It's such a good kit I know why they are hard to find

Yeah I'm not planning on ever selling my Palms or Coleman GWs.  

I actually have Zacha's McMullen Night jersey (took advantage of Meigray's summer discount to snag it)...even though I strongly suspect Zacha's on his way out, and his time here will be remembered as largely disappointing, I probably won't sell that one either.  I have Auvitu's GI McMullen Nighter as well...that's one of my "basement wears" (some jerseys I don't wear to games).    

Of all of the GW/GI/DC/WU that I have (it's a lot...I'll post a list one of these days), right now I would definitely part with my Edge 1.0 Oduya (has the Prudential Center patch...it's the only 1.0 that I have, but even though I respect Oduya's career, he's simply one of those players that doesn't resonate with me).  I have a Global Series Dea that I keep planning to convert to a Hischier (at least it wouldn't cost nearly as much as a "real" Hischier would)...of course I would never try to pass it off as a legit Hischier GW.  Most of my others get worn at least once throughout the season.  DM84 sold me a 75th anniversary Kurvers that is absolutely HAMMERED...one sleeve has a tear, and plenty of repairs and stick marks all over the jersey.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I'm not planning on ever selling my Palms or Coleman GWs.  

I actually have Zacha's McMullen Night jersey (took advantage of Meigray's summer discount to snag it)...even though I strongly suspect Zacha's on his way out, and his time here will be remembered as largely disappointing, I probably won't sell that one either.  I have Auvitu's GI McMullen Nighter as well...that's one of my "basement wears" (some jerseys I don't wear to games).    

Of all of the GW/GI/DC/WU that I have (it's a lot...I'll post a list one of these days), right now I would definitely part with my Edge 1.0 Oduya (has the Prudential Center patch...it's the only 1.0 that I have, but even though I respect Oduya's career, he's simply one of those players that doesn't resonate with me).  I have a Global Series Dea that I keep planning to convert to a Hischier (at least it wouldn't cost nearly as much as a "real" Hischier would)...of course I would never try to pass it off as a legit Hischier GW.  Most of my others get worn at least once throughout the season.  DM84 sold me a 75th anniversary Kurvers that is absolutely HAMMERED...one sleeve has a tear, and plenty of repairs and stick marks all over the jersey.    

Please let me know if you ever do sell that Oduya.

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Please let me know if you ever do sell that Oduya.

Sure...did you wanna buy it back?  

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah I have been regretting that I didn't get another Pru Center Opening night gamer lol.

Yeah I'll sell it back to you...unless you have something you'd wanna trade?  

If people could keep an eye out for either of the McLeod heritage jerseys hidden out there 👍

I'm on both the Devils game worn and hockey game worn jersey groups on Facebook but no luck as of yet. Meigray tried reaching out to the original owner of the 18-19 without luck.

But I'm motivated 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The auction for the fan appreciation night warmups finished tonight.  Some pretty heavy hitting prices on several of the jerseys.  This may be a testament to how the fans really appreciated this design over the Jersey jerseys.

Player  Price  Worn or Issued
Tatar, Tomas  $ 3,801.00 GI
Hischier, Nico  $ 3,150.00 WU
Hughes, Jack  $ 3,075.00 GI
Mercer, Dawson  $ 3,050.00 WU
Sharangovich, Yegor  $ 2,650.00 WU
Graves, Ryan  $ 1,950.00 WU
Bratt, Jesper  $ 1,825.00 WU
Bastian, Nathan  $ 1,505.00 WU
Hamilton, Dougie  $ 1,500.00 WU
Holtz, Alexander  $ 1,400.00 WU
Severson, Damon  $ 1,301.00 WU
Wood, Miles  $ 1,301.00 GI
Siegenthaler, Jonas  $ 1,050.00 GI
Zetterlund, Fabian  $ 1,005.00 WU
Bahl, Kevin  $    950.00 WU
Bernier, Jonathan  $    950.00 GI
Vesey, Jimmy  $    902.00 WU
Okhotiuk, Nikita  $    900.00 WU
Boqvist, Jesper  $    890.00 WU
McLeod, Michael  $    875.00 WU
Blackwood, Mackenzie  $    851.00 WU
Geertsen, Mason  $    850.00 GI
Foote, Nolan  $    801.00 WU
Mascot  $    775.00 N/A
Subban, PK  $    750.00 WU
Zacha, Pavel  $    750.00 WU
Kuokkanen, Janne  $    700.00 WU
Smith, Ty  $    700.00 WU
Walsh, Reilly  $    570.00 GI
Johnsson, Andreas  $    555.00 GI
Gillies, Jon  $    550.00 WU
Hammond, Andrew  $    500.00 GI
White, Colton  $    450.00 GI

I was in on four of these, lost them all.  It's OK...I did like these a lot, and they blow the Jersey jerseys out of the water, but I simply wasn't willing to go too crazy for warm-up jerseys.  

14 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

A notorious Devils fan on social media has admitted to shill bidding on several lots, including the Tatar, to artificially raise the prices of jerseys.

Was it some "random" guy?  😉

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was in on four of these, lost them all.  It's OK...I did like these a lot, and they blow the Jersey jerseys out of the water, but I simply wasn't willing to go too crazy for warm-up jerseys.  

Was it some "random" guy?  😉

No, he doesn't do things like that.

The guy who did it is still the only person ever to be perma-banned from the Devils game worn group I help mod lol.

14 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

No, he doesn't do things like that.

The guy who did it is still the only person ever to be perma-banned from the Devils game worn group I help mod lol.

Gotcha.  

I placed the first or second bid on all 4 goalies, and was quickly outbid. About all it was worth to me. 

Whoever bought a Tatar for $3800 will lose a lot of money if they ever try to sell it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.