The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Can't give away all the tricks of the trade!

Seriously, it's not that hard. All you need to know is right in front of you, if you have a keen sense of memory and observation. If i figured it out, anyone can.

BUT, make absolutely positively SURE that you know who that person is, right unknown poster? ^_^

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

Stephane Richer is back on ebay. It is the jersey that has the patch from the 100th anniversary I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephane-Richer-NJ-Dev...3%3A1|294%3A200

Interesting item... before you bid here are some facts as I own the MeiGray documented Red Set I from this season of Richer's....

My red set I is size 54 and Richer was 6'00-6'02" (depending on who lists him)

Why did this person not show the set tag? The set tag is shown right beside the Custom Crafted Stamp to the right of it.

Could this be a 'custom crafted special'. For this you should do the research and look at gameworn.net and search for those words...

Lastly, my sweater comes with a MeiGray LOA, why does this one not have one as it surely would have been through MeiGray at some point even though they were not a company at the time?

Not saying anything bad, just make sure you ask questions. For all I know, the seller didn't list some of the valuable information because he (or she) thought it was unimportant.

• Like 1

Especially when the feedback #'s are close enough to mistaken. :doh1:

Hey, it could happen to anyone... :D

When all else fails think of a person we both know saying to me, "I'll trade you the Pando Stevens Night for a Parise and Zajac..." Yeah, glad to see it went for a somewhat decent price. Did you get it?

Despite the auto, the Mckay went cheap...

• Like 1

Interesting item... before you bid here are some facts as I own the MeiGray documented Red Set I from this season of Richer's....

My red set I is size 54 and Richer was 6'00-6'02" (depending on who lists him)

Why did this person not show the set tag? The set tag is shown right beside the Custom Crafted Stamp to the right of it.

Could this be a 'custom crafted special'. For this you should do the research and look at gameworn.net and search for those words...

Lastly, my sweater comes with a MeiGray LOA, why does this one not have one as it surely would have been through MeiGray at some point even though they were not a company at the time?

Not saying anything bad, just make sure you ask questions. For all I know, the seller didn't list some of the valuable information because he (or she) thought it was unimportant.

I'm not interested in buying the jersey, but I figured that I would get some information on it. Anyways the I ask the seller if the jersey had a COA and any tagging. The response was yes there is a COA and "what do you mean by tagging?"

I'm not interested in buying the jersey, but I figured that I would get some information on it. Anyways the I ask the seller if the jersey had a COA and any tagging. The response was yes there is a COA and "what do you mean by tagging?"

It is important to ask who the COA is from. I could write up a COA that says, "to the best of my knowledge this item is game worn" and that really provides you with no feeling of security. MeiGray takes the guess work out and is in direct contact with the teams in their program. As many people have probably already said, the sweater makes the item real and not the LOA/COA. Having said that, it is of concern they don't know about tagging. Tagging refers to hem tagging in this situation. Ask what set the item is, who the LOA is from, and where it came from. All these help you come to a conclusion. I know you are not bidding, but thought I would provide some info for you or anyone else either now or the future. JWomp, KC Devil, and unknown poster will probably voice similiar knowledge on the subject. Not trying to name drop these guys, but I've met them all and we talk somewhat regularly about this hobby and the share knowledge.

Edited for spelling...

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

It is important to ask who the COA is from. I could write up a COA that says, "to the best of my knowledge this item is game worn" and that really provides you with no feeling of security. MeiGray takes the guess work out and is in direct contact with the teams in their program. As many people have probably already said, the sweater makes the item real and not the LOA/COA. Having said that, it is of concern they don't know about tagging. Tagging refers to hem tagging in this situation. Ask what set the item is, who the LOA is from, and where it came from. All these help you come to a conclusion. I know you are not bidding, but thought I would provide some info for you or anyone else either now or the future. JWomp, KC Devil, and unknown poster will probably voice similiar knowledge on the subject. Not trying to name drop these guys, but I've met them all and we talk somewhat regularly about this hobby and the share knowledge.

Edited for spelling...

Yeah, Matt....questions on this one. Midget and midget COA, and this was the response to someone asking about tagging.....

"It does say Lettering by Custom Crafted which I will post the picture on line....it does not say New Jersey Devil 1st Set 1992-93 season, but the jersey does come with a COA from Spivack & Kraut Inc."

????????

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Nice to see some sort of variety on the ebay. Clemmensen for $260, Colin White starting at $99, a couple of game issued including a Kozlov Dano night jersey.

The Kozlov is a nice looking jersey but I still think $289 is a little high.

I know I was offered a Pandolfo Stevens night for close $1200.00!!! :huh:

I didn't say it was a good price, but it certainly was high for a one game wonder with a patch that probably cost $2.00 to make if that. If you can get the Kozlov for $289.00 then that is a deal right now!

Colin White for $99.00 is also a freakin' steal too regardless of wear. You can't buy a new authentic with numbers for that price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, Matt....questions on this one. Midget and midget COA, and this was the response to someone asking about tagging.....

"It does say Lettering by Custom Crafted which I will post the picture on line....it does not say New Jersey Devil 1st Set 1992-93 season, but the jersey does come with a COA from Spivack & Kraut Inc."

????????

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Aside from the LOA from them... I know this was a big year for Custom Crafted Specials... And typically the CC specials were worn, but just not for any length of time. Meaning that they might send a wrong size to a player (usually too small) and then allow him to wear it for a couple games (sometimes just one) before another would be sent. The two sweaters would be exchanged and CC would add repairs to areas that did not need anything. Most curious. Probably nothing wrong with this one, but one should be aware and ask as many questions as possible.

• Like 1

On the BAY...

Jay Pandolfo Gloves $115.00

These are Shawn Gaffney's and I can't say a bad word about him. Did a deal or two with him and no problems. I don't see any wear what -so-ever on the gloves though. Wish he would've turned them over to show the palm. unknown poster what say you?

Sean Brown Devils 03-04 Preseason $99.00

Good price, but not a lot of people collect "the often affordible, but less than desirable" preseason. It has more wear than several current ones I've seen. I do not know the seller, but it looks in order.

Not much else out there except for the Keith Parker stuff. I'm not going to go there. I have some mixed feelings on the subject still despite a possible match on my MacLean Skates and Dano pants.

What happened to that Doug Brown Devils. I see the Fetisov retirement game Brown (most bizarre), but not the one that was $799.00.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to just to have one to wear aorund since it's only a GI. However, this seller is notorious for private ID auctions/reserves for his Devils items and that's why i prefer to stay away because i do not trust private ID auctions. Plus, i believe a reserve is a waste of eveyone's time. Why not just start it at the reserve if that's the minimum they want for it? :noclue:

I personally do not mind the private ID for bidding. I've been hassled by people in the past and I am a-okay with not being now. The only bad things is when your feedback score is close to someone else's and they think it is you. ;)

I do, however; see your point about the feeling of security that seller isn't using a seperate ID to raise the bid or as some of us refer to it... "Shill bid" I am rather bothered by the prospect of this, but I have to believe that: a) the people who do this are few and far between, b) that ebay policies it as best they can, and c) that those who do and have done will get what is coming to them.

I guess either way you do it can be an issue.

The reserve system is a joke. List it at the starting price and let us have at it. Actually I want no part of EBAY ever again in terms of selling... buying yes, but never again will I ever try to sell a thing on there.

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I personally do not mind the private ID for bidding. I've been hassled by people in the past and I am a-okay with not being now. The only bad things is when your feedback score is close to someone else's and they think it is you. ;)

I do, however; see your point about the feeling of security that seller isn't using a seperate ID to raise the bid or as some of us refer to it... "Shill bid" I am rather bothered by the prospect of this, but I have to believe that: a) the people who do this are few and far between, b) that ebay policies it as best they can, and c) that those who do and have done will get what is coming to them.

I guess either way you do it can be an issue.

The reserve system is a joke. List it at the starting price and let us have at it. Actually I want no part of EBAY ever again in terms of selling... buying yes, but never again will I ever try to sell a thing on there.

Guess we should talk on here instead of the "Devils Authentic Wanted" page. Anything new from you guys...

• Like 2

Guess we should talk on here instead of the "Devils Authentic Wanted" page.

I'll take the blame for that. I didn't mean to hijack that thread.

Thanks again to all you guys for providing me with some insight on a hobby that I never knew existed. I have no idea when I'll be ready to buy my first game worn, but in the meantime, it's nice to know how it works.

I was looking through one of these threads and someone mentioned how the RBKs had changed since they first came out. Is that right? I hated them when they first came out. They looked too slim. How have they changed?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.