The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Jordan,

A Finals jersey is rare.....who knows...we may not get back there again (sh!t, did I just say that?). I know for sure that you have been wanting that Gio.....go get it. A Sykora will pop again somewhere....Brylin Rats will probably be gone for good. Is it worth it?

Or, will the Gio be around long enough for you to raise all of the funds (without losing your collection)? Tough call, but I would get the Finals jersey, personally.

Let me know what you do. And that Brylin you sent me........INCREDIBLE WEAR!!!! I love it (but can be bought!!!!!)!

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Take the Gionta... I do doubt you'll ever be able to trade it for a Parise or Elias, but it is a great find if it is the white set. However, Brylin is the ONLY affordible sweater of a guy who has won all three cups. Who else is going to be that cheap that has won them all? However, in the end move it for the Gionta.

Thanks for the input guys...I was leaning towards the Gionta and your opinions helped push me even further (although not yet completely!) onto that side.

As awesome of a jersey as the Brylin is, the Gionta SCF is pretty unique in its own right and I have always wanted a Cup jersey in my collection.

If anyone is interested in the details (pricing, buyers and seller involved, etc) you can email or PM me and I'd be glad to fill you in.

Go with the Gionta!! and i just wanted to throw in my .02 of jersey collection. i live in wichita kansas, and we have a CHL team here, i have game worns of theirs and my devils collection posted below. Thanks to 3CUPSN9 I was able to get my first devils game worn in the pando...

see below for my jersey collection.

Well, I got myself all worked up at the potential of getting the Gionta and the deal fell through again...for the second time in the past few months. On the bright side, at least I get to hang onto the awesome Brylin for now!

Well, I got myself all worked up at the potential of getting the Gionta and the deal fell through again...for the second time in the past few months. On the bright side, at least I get to hang onto the awesome Brylin for now!

Last i know Dixon owned that jersey. Who has it now that you are trying to deal with?

Chorske you dont think you could sell the Gionta finals for at least $1,000? If so I would think that any Elias or Parise not from meigray would be obtainable.

No not that. I don't think an Elias finals or Parise finals (when it happens... I'm optomistic :pray: ) of comparable value. Just like a Jack Skille (unknown poster I think you saw this) is not comparable to a Stephane Richer. Or just like a Clarkson is not equal to a Rolston. But, I guess it comes down to what you want and how much you want a specific player.

Gionta has had ONE really good year and the rest have been okay (in comparison). Elias has had MANY good years and a few okay ones. If you go by that comparison and I think to some extent collectors do. I've been offer the record breaking Gionta for my Weinrich and I've toyed with the idea IF someone would take the Gionta off my hands or had a decent sweater that I wanted. To me I'd trade the Gionta/Weinrich for a Tom Chorske Devils without even thinking. I've mentioned this to Sean Dixon, but apparently whomever he sold it to (as he had one) does not want to. He has pestered me constantly about the Weinrich and I finally had to say, "Please don't keep asking" and "I'll offer it to you first when I sell it". I plan to hold true on that.

FYI,

Havelid is wearing Salvador's gloves currently. The name seems to be scratched off or faded off (Salvador can be seen in several pictures). Not sure if he'll get his name on a pair of Warriors or what, but for those collecting him or Salvador. KC Devil this might help you at when equipment becomes available. Same for you DevilinLA...

UPDATE 10th March 2009

HERE IS A PICTURE:

havelid.jpg

Edited by Chorske17

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...t%3D60%26um%3D1

All of his stuff are from the auction sites. The stick is from gamewornauctions.net along with the pads. The jersey is from the classicauctions.net from last summer I think.

Most interesting, but it isn't for me. I like my collection and while his stuff is nice, I'm a-okay with my stuff. I think you guys (3Cup/Jwomp) have nice collections. He has one stick, one pair of pads, and a sweater... Look what you guys have and the memories of getting the stuff, meeting the players who wore, and what not. I've never seen this guy or heard of him before.

• Like 1

I've tried to get in touch with Frank P., but I think he has taken a step back from the hobby. FYI.

I think Ben R. is on the site and would welcome him to share with us if he chooses.

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

Most interesting, but it isn't for me. I like my collection and while his stuff is nice, I'm a-okay with my stuff. I think you guys (3Cup/Jwomp) have nice collections. He has one stick, one pair of pads, and a sweater... Look what you guys have and the memories of getting the stuff, meeting the players who wore, and what not. I've never seen this guy or heard of him before.

Well put... the guy must have spent a ton on those three items. I guess when money is no object the fun is kind of taken out of it in a way.

Does anybody know ...Ben Ruefner? I see ...great collections, but kind of don't keep up to date with updating and stuff like that.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately I am really behind in updating due to time restraints, and at this point I'll probably just take the site down. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ben and I have had trade discussions in the past, but they always fall through, partly because he asks for A LOT in return

I am more than willing to trade, but I am not going to give away the house. Trading my photomatched Beezer stick for your Beezer stick was not a good deal for me, so we did not complete it. I did, however, invite you to stop by and further discuss it last summer.

I've had similar experiences with Ben Rufenor where he wants A LOT for what he has. He offered me an even up trade on a my 92-93 Richer for a 07-08 Jack Skille Ice Hogs with autograph. You do the math on that one.

You said "Oh, wow, I've never seen one of those! Chicago (their affiliate, including shoulder patches) is my wifes favorite team!" I said, "great, do you want it? I'll swap it for the Richer." You thought about it for a while, so it must not have been that bad (infact I thought you were going to take it until you saw the autograph). As for the math, here is the math: I turned down that same Richer from Doug for $500 less than 12 months prior, and that was Skille's rookie season (1st round draft pick) in which his ONLY other jerseys were at MGG for $750. That's math. If you don't like the deal, don't accept it.

Just like a Jack Skille (unknown poster I think you saw this) is not comparable to a Stephane Richer. But, I guess it comes down to what you want and how much you want a specific player.

Exactly.

I've had two-to-three trades that fell through because he stopped replying to my emails.

Which ones? Email me.

Ben is a seems to be a nice guy to talk to as we spoke at the expo this past year, but I don't think he has done much in the way of trading or selling.

Thanks, it is always great to meet up with other collectors - especially Devils ones! Have fun at your first game at The Rock next week. I'll be at the counter version in Chicago later this month.

Steiner had Brodeur's pads for $29,000 if i remember right. Now, granted that's Steiner and all but even if those pads were 50% off Steiner (which is more reasonable) how does someone drop $15K on a set of used goaltender pads in this economy?

Want to hear something really sad? About 8-10 years ago there were a pair of really nice game used Brodeur pads for sale on eBay (this was before everyone and their brother was online) and I believe they sold for merely $1,500... I had totally forgotten about them until I saw them again in January at Nationwide Arena in Columbus. Here is a photo:

Pads.jpg

I think Ben R. is on the site and would welcome him to share with us if he chooses.

Yes, I've been reading this board daily for 5 years, mainly because it's way easier than reading all of the NY Metro newspapers for Devs updates!

As for collecting, it just isn't that much fun anymore. It used to be educational and exciting. The people were great. Now, well, you know the story.

I haven't been actively purchasing for several years, and I can count on one hand the number of jerseys I care to ever buy going forward.

If anyone has anything laying around, I could really use a: McAlpine, Driver and Dowd (#11).

GO DEVILS!

Ben,

If you remember I actually let my wife decide if she wanted the Skille that badly and she didn't. She said, "no thanks I don't think it is a mutual exchange". The autograph was a major issue for her/I even though all the other sweaters were the same way in the set. She likes the Blackhawks, but Skille was really (and still is) unproven through a full year. Richer has over 700 points in his career and the wear the Richer is awesome. We tried to be as polite as possible concerning the trade option you gave. Had you still had the Devils Chorske that is still on your site, it would have been a no-brainer. I would've given the Richer 92-93 for that Chorske and probably have thrown some money your way, but that was not an option and just proves further how much I would like one of his sweaters.

I emailed you a number of times about Chorske's gloves, stick, skates, and the sweater along with Sykora's stick. On your emails you responded to you either said, "I'm trying to collect the ____ (fill in the blank with gloves, sticks, and/or skates) of all players who won the cup with New Jersey." I thought that was neat and respected you for it. I stopped asking about those items, but the Chorske sweater email remained unanswered for over a month and then I resent another "last chance at contacting you" email. You respond a few days later saying you had sold it. Not a problem. At one point we had talked about the Richer for the Chorske gloves and money. Then no response. Nothing. Did you change your mind?

I asked you at the expo about breaking out the Chorske gloves and you said you were being made into a package deal. I did hear you say that right? It was after you said you found paint under your Dowd skates probably linking them back to college. We (you and I) walked over and chatted with another collector who like Dowd (Pyzik? or something similar) and Craven? At any rate you wouldn't break apart the package deal you were making, but I never saw an email about how much it was for all the gloves or hear from you period. Did you do this as you said? I still want the gloves, but after all that, I gave up on doing any kind of trade or purchase through you. I figured I was some kinda' pain in your ass you wanted nothing to do with me.

With that said, I'd like to just erase the entire past and start over for you and I. Certainly, I wouldn't have known Doug offered you the Richer for less. I love it and I paid the full $800.00 he asked for it. I did feel you wanted the Richer for nothing, but maybe you didn't mean it to be that way. It is just how I understood it. So, let's move forward.

My goal is to be friends with all Devils collectors and hopefully help them with their collections as well as sharing information about the team and players we like. I saw the Capitals collectors in Maryland at Francis Rady's event and I remember thinking, "WOW, these guys can all get along in this one room." They share info, if one has something to offer he offers it to these guys first and then goes out and tries elsewhere if doesn't work, they talk to one-another as peers and no one looks at the other person as lesser. I hope that we can have that here. A while back I contacted Mike (KC Devil), Jordan (JWomp), and Ken (unknown poster) about sharing and talking on emails. It worked well and we got on hear and communicated. I then met DevilinLA (whom I do not know your first name), and Jeremy (3CupsN9) we all get along, share info and have done trades. It is slowly growing and I really like it. This has been my plan and I would like to have you on board with us. I know you have a lot to offer and hopefully one of us could offer you something even if it only be buying something/trading with you.

Let me know if you wish to move the Chorske gloves, stick(s), gloves, or whatever you have. If you don't I understand. If you do, just tell me the price you will let them go for. Please don't ask me to make an offer as my offer will always be lower than the price you ask. If you ask $250.00 for the gloves that is fine, if you ask $300.00 so be it. If you don't want to sell them. I understand that too. Feel free to call me as well. I'll PM you with my number. If you want me to call I can do that as well.

• Like 1

A while back I contacted Mike (KC Devil), Jordan (JWomp), and Ken (unknown poster) about sharing and talking on emails. It worked well and we got on hear and communicated. I then met DevilinLA (whom I do not know your first name), and Jeremy (3CupsN9) we all get along, share info and have done trades. It is slowly growing and I really like it. This has been my plan and I would like to have you on board with us. I know you have a lot to offer and hopefully one of us could offer you something even if it only be buying something/trading with you.

I appreciate the offer. Please count me in. If you guys have any questions about anything, just let me know. Ben

Ben,

I had planned to be at the Hawks game in Chicago... ashame I cannot get off to go. I think KC Devil will be there as we had planned to meet up.

I understand that a lot of collectors used to think the hobby was fun and exciting. I thought by all of us getting together on here we could bring that back.

I've seen ONE Driver item I know you don't have, but the seller wasn't selling it. I've never seen a Dowd/McAlpine item that wasn't yours or one of the many "Dowd" collectors.

• Like 1

I appreciate the offer. Please count me in. If you guys have any questions about anything, just let me know. Ben

My one questions (besides the Chorske glove question I already asked):

Where the hell are ALL the damn Chroske sweaters and why is no one willing to part with any? ;)

• Like 1

My goal is to be friends with all Devils collectors and hopefully help them with their collections as well as sharing information about the team and players we like. I saw the Capitals collectors in Maryland at Francis Rady's event and I remember thinking, "WOW, these guys can all get along in this one room." They share info, if one has something to offer he offers it to these guys first and then goes out and tries elsewhere if doesn't work, they talk to one-another as peers and no one looks at the other person as lesser. I hope that we can have that here. A while back I contacted Mike (KC Devil), Jordan (JWomp), and Ken (unknown poster) about sharing and talking on emails. It worked well and we got on hear and communicated. I then met DevilinLA (whom I do not know your first name), and Jeremy (3CupsN9) we all get along, share info and have done trades. It is slowly growing and I really like it. This has been my plan and I would like to have you on board with us. I know you have a lot to offer and hopefully one of us could offer you something even if it only be buying something/trading with you.

Actually Jeremy is my identical other half! :dance:

Anyways Rufener welcome aboard!

Andrew

Actually Jeremy is my identical other half! :dance:

Anyways Rufener welcome aboard!

Andrew

Sorry. I didn't know which one you were. We'll have to meet so I can know who is who. We might need a Devils Gamers Media Guides, although my wife (like most women) won't put her weight down.

Edited by Chorske17

Thanks, it is always great to meet up with other collectors - especially Devils ones! Have fun at your first game at The Rock next week. I'll be at the counter version in Chicago later this month.

Ben, let me know if you would like to meet up just to say "Hello". I will be in Chicago for the Devs game. I can let you know the section/row/etc. if that helps, or we can do the cell phone thing. I know we are lower level behind the goal about 15th or so row. That is all I know for now, but can find out soon. My brother-in-law has his company tix for the game, so I can ask him.

Let me know.....By the way....are you from the Windy City, or just close by?

Chorske pussed out and is not traveling to the game...... :razz:

By the way, Matt.....please remember to pick me up a Media Guide for this season. I will send you the money. And...did you bid on the media guides I sent you a message about? Just curious.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Ben, let me know if you would like to meet up just to say "Hello". I will be in Chicago for the Devs game. I can let you know the section/row/etc. if that helps, or we can do the cell phone thing.

Mike, didn't I sell you a bunch of sticks a few years back? Anyway, I will be there, but I have not secured tickets yet (and the game is sold out). Let's keep in touch and see what happens. Do you catch all of the midwest games? I had a conflict and missed St. Louis, but I did see them against the Wings earlier this season.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.