The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

MMMMMMMMMMM. Santa in March..........Gotta love it!

If you have a thing for elderly-pot-bellied guys with beards, glasses, and in red suits... Hey, I'm okay with it, but just keep it to yourself! :rofl: Maybe I'll do Stand-up with Earl!

PM SENT...

If you have a thing for elderly-pot-bellied guys with beards, glasses, and in red suits... Hey, I'm okay with it, but just keep it to yourself! :rofl: Maybe I'll do Stand-up with Earl!

PM SENT...

I don't have a thing for the man in the red suit. I am just trying to get to Mrs. Claus. She is a MILF!!!!! :giggle:

Mike Martin

KC Devil

All,

I was hoping to see the Devils represented at the expo more this year than last. On a thread over at GameWorn.net I saw that both Scott Horowitz and Sean Dixon have stated they might not be interested in the expo or may only stop by for a little. They also have mentioned a third party and I have suspicions of who that would be, but cannot confirm.

Should some of us get together and have a nice Devil's display? I've thought of the idea on more than one occassion. Sure I wouldn't get to MeiGray right away, but is the sale worth going for? Should any of us really expect "significant savings" after MeiGray has discounted several items already this year in terms of attempting to lure people's strained budgets in their direction? Personally, I cannot think the savings will be anything more than last year although I am curious to find out what they will have in the tent sale!

I'm personally interested in under six items of which five are sweaters. The sixth is simply a pair of Devils Black breezers. Not sure if they even still have any. However, I think there are items held elsewhere or hidden from our view.

With that said, I'm just throwing out there anyone's thoughts on getting a table, setting up, and/or displaying items. Thoughts, ideas, concerns. Please speak. I heard that Ben is joining us and I'm not sure about Mike Martin who has expressed extreme interest with draft day. I must concur with him that I too am eager more for draft day (if it happens). Ken can you PM me or post when the draft day is... just so I can mark that day and the day before as having off at work?

Thoughts please!

I'm just throwing out there anyone's thoughts on getting a table, setting up, and/or displaying items. Thoughts, ideas, concerns. Please speak.

I don't have much to show off in terms of high end stuff, but I agree that it would be fun if we had a collaborative Devils table to showcase pieces of our collections. By then, I'll have my Gionta SCF jersey, so I can bring that! :D

Sure I wouldn't get to MeiGray right away, but is the sale worth going for? Should any of us really expect "significant savings"

While last year was disappointing, you have to assume that 07-08 jerseys will be 50% off this summer, and we can actually take advantage of the discount because Bob West didn't snatch them all up and then put them on consignment. There are plenty of 07-08 jerseys in stock that can be had at relatively good prices this summer.

P.S. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the tent sale won't have much for us, in my opinion.

While last year was disappointing, you have to assume that 07-08 jerseys will be 50% off this summer, and we can actually take advantage of the discount because Bob West didn't snatch them all up and then put them on consignment. There are plenty of 07-08 jerseys in stock that can be had at relatively good prices this summer.

50% off when you buy one or two at the same price? Remember last year it was buy one and the second sweater up to that value was half price... Or was it different and I didn't remember it correctly.

50% off when you buy one or two at the same price? Remember last year it was buy one and the second sweater up to that value was half price... Or was it different and I didn't remember it correctly.

Oh, really? I don't remember the exact terms but I thought some were 50% off. We'll see. I would have to assume that with the economy being how it is, MeiGray will need to do 50% off to get people to bite.

For these sales at Meigray, do you have to be in person to get them or can you do it online/phone?

I would love to be there, not too many things in my collection in terms of game worn jerseys. I have a game worn Lukowich, Peter McNab, and preseason Souray, White and DeWolf. My collection is bug with cards, autographs, sticks and authentic jerseys. (I really need to take pics).

But I would love to come to the Expo and check everything out.

Also I am very fired up for the draft day this year. I use to go when the Devils had their old warehousey the Meadowlands. Lots of funa dn I walked away with great stuff(Stevens, Niedermayer, Richer, Guerin etc.) I went last year with no intensions of buying anything and when I saw my friends grab stuff I knew I missed out.

For these sales at Meigray, do you have to be in person to get them or can you do it online/phone?

I would love to be there, not too many things in my collection in terms of game worn jerseys. I have a game worn Lukowich, Peter McNab, and preseason Souray, White and DeWolf. My collection is bug with cards, autographs, sticks and authentic jerseys. (I really need to take pics).

But I would love to come to the Expo and check everything out.

Also I am very fired up for the draft day this year. I use to go when the Devils had their old warehousey the Meadowlands. Lots of funa dn I walked away with great stuff(Stevens, Niedermayer, Richer, Guerin etc.) I went last year with no intensions of buying anything and when I saw my friends grab stuff I knew I missed out.

I'll be at the sale, but doubt I will bring anything. I would mostly be showing you guys your old jerseys I've bought : )

I agree with Jordan - they have to do some sort of significant discount if they hope to move inventory. Perhaps some sort of escalating percentage the more you buy?

Media Guide says draft day is Friday June 26.

MeiGray's sale always allows those at the expo to take full advantage of sale after the expo on Saturday first. Then on Monday everyone else calls in and the madness starts.

The sale you would think would be good, however; last year it wasn't that fantastic and the economy was in crapper then with high gas prices. Rob at MeiGray stated so and wondered why no one was really buying. I'm not so sure Barry will give out what "WE" (Collectors) call "significant savings". By doing so is devaluing all that already exists now and in the future.

Take Parise. His sweaters are at $1495.00. The normal sale is usually buy one get one free up to the value of the first sweater. Would this year be take MORE than 50% off a sweater? Hmm... I don't think it will happen. I suspect the sale might be 1/2 off all non-consignment sweaters and Brodeur stuff is only 20% off (they always tend to "HIDE" this stuff) as I have NEVER seen any Brodeur's on the floor for the summer sale, but maybe I'm wrong). There is a thread about MeiGray summer sale from a year or two ago where Barry tells an inquiring collector that they felt that Brodeur didn't fit into the discount. Most interesting. I shall try to research that thread again.

So again, I do not think they'll be giving stuff away. To date I've bought only $200.00 worth of product from them over two years. Not very impressive. Ken and I spoke last year and even he was disappointed. Not sure what Jordan got last year, but he left pretty early too.

I don't want to see anyone get their hopes up, but I agree; it would have to be significant savings to get me to "bite". I'll expect the worst and hope for the best which will ensure my first year of NOT being disappointed with the expo.

I would have to assume that with the economy being how it is, MeiGray will need to do 50% off to get people to bite.

Not so, according to the sales staff at Meigray. Sales aren't down that much from previous years. The people that had disposable funds then still seem to have them for the most part.

Not so, according to the sales staff at Meigray. Sales aren't down that much from previous years. The people that had disposable funds then still seem to have them for the most part.

Wouldn't expect them to say different, but certainly could be true. Most collectors will cut other spending rather than sacrifice their hobby.

There is also a built in floor to their pricing: they can't advertise discounts without alienating recent buyers, or diminishing the perceived "value" of the jerseys. If they sell at 50 0r 60 off this summer, most will simply factor those discounts into future purchases and refuse to pay full price. Then they become a car dealership, forced to haggle over every item offered.

And picking up on my Elias thread from before, there should also be a natural price floor based on the cost of an authentic lettered jersey. The NJD store currently sells new customized authentics for $380. On the high side, but $300 for a properly stitched sweater is certainly reasonable. With that in mind, how can actual game worn jerseys sell for the same?

Matt, thanks for the kind words. You've been a good friend ever since we first started talking and it goes beyond just being about jerseys.

Way to avoid the animals is to avoid the zoo. Posting activity has noticably dropped like a rock over the last few months and when you do see a new post, you can count on it being one of at least 12 people and then the rest who post is just window dressing. If you want to eliminate the "pests" time to turn it into a pay site. Problem is, most of the pests and instigators are the ones that would pay and are active hobbyists. You'd get rid of clowns like Suckygoalie though. Actually, if you really want to clean the forum up, hope the hobby killers, S&K, sell it. Best way to start is do not bid on their auctions. You don't bid, they don't get their % and it's less $ they have to pay for the site. Beisdes, the auctions encourage shill bidding.

Speaking of sites, I wonder if Jim Garland is even going to continue keeping the "other" site running. That can't be worth it. It's a dead as fried chicken.

Fried chicken is delicious! I'm pretty sure I will never buy a jersey off an auction site other than auctions.nhl.com and ebay. The fees are outrageous on classic auctions and gamewornauctions. It sucks but what can you do?

Fried chicken is delicious! I'm pretty sure I will never buy a jersey off an auction site other than auctions.nhl.com and ebay. The fees are outrageous on classic auctions and gamewornauctions. It sucks but what can you do?

Agreed, however; there are some items that appear that are "jaw droppers"... That Kirk Muller rookie sweater with the autograph <cringe> was one I almost crapped my pants on. I bid on just to see that I was in the lead even though I didn't think I had a chance in hell of winning it. When it went for just under $900.00, I knew I "done screwed-up" and that I could've owned it.

Auctions.nhl.com never seem to have anything I want. The autograph stuff just turns me off no matter what it is. I did break-down and have a beauty of a sweater of Langenbrunner's en route to me which has an autograph. It will be gone faster than you can, "fried chicken with corn bread and collared greens." Most excited on this one and I had paid it off finally about three days ago. Interestingly enough, I do not know which of three sweaters will be coming my way next, but they are either paid for or on hold. One comes from Andrew!

Agreed, however; there are some items that appear that are "jaw droppers"... That Kirk Muller rookie sweater with the autograph <cringe> was one I almost crapped my pants on. I bid on just to see that I was in the lead even though I didn't think I had a chance in hell of winning it. When it went for just under $900.00, I knew I "done screwed-up" and that I could've owned it.

Auctions.nhl.com never seem to have anything I want. The autograph stuff just turns me off no matter what it is. I did break-down and have a beauty of a sweater of Langenbrunner's en route to me which has an autograph. It will be gone faster than you can, "fried chicken with corn bread and collared greens." Most excited on this one and I had paid it off finally about three days ago. Interestingly enough, I do not know which of three sweaters will be coming my way next, but they are either paid for or on hold. One comes from Andrew!

What are the three? The Langenbrunner and...?

Did you get Andrew's Brylin?

What's the third?! You're supposed to keep me in the loop on these things!

Edited by 3CUPSN9

And - gasp - is that a Driver for sale! Who knows the details?
The one on eBay? It's fake. I've had talks with the seller dating back to 2005. Obviously a few people are chasing it, though. Too bad for them.

So, just to be sure, the consensus here is that this jersey is fake? How so?

Does it have any redeeming qualities? I ask because it sure does look nice -- even if just as a replica.

Link

So, just to be sure, the consensus here is that this jersey is fake? How so?

Does it have any redeeming qualities? I ask because it sure does look nice -- even if just as a replica.

Link

First, let me clarify two things: I have known about this exact shirt for four years, and seem much more detailed photos. I have also seen four (and own one) other fake Driver jerseys from this set, plus multiple Daneyko, Richer and Stevens shirts... all 1991-92 Set 2, all fake.

Here are my issues: the patch and C are positioned wrong, the stick marks are systematic, the repairs are NOT Devils repairs found on any real shirts, but instead those found on other common fakes, there is no real wear (ie-burns) although there is too much manufactured wear like pulls.

I'll try to take some photos of other fakes for comparison if I have time.

I hope this helps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.