The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

First, let me clarify two things: I have known about this exact shirt for four years, and seem much more detailed photos. I have also seen four (and own one) other fake Driver jerseys from this set, plus multiple Daneyko, Richer and Stevens shirts... all 1991-92 Set 2, all fake.

Here are my issues: the patch and C are positioned wrong, the stick marks are systematic, the repairs are NOT Devils repairs found on any real shirts, but instead those found on other common fakes, there is no real wear (ie-burns) although there is too much manufactured wear like pulls.

I'll try to take some photos of other fakes for comparison if I have time.

I hope this helps.

Also a pretty long discussion here:

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimat...ic;f=2;t=008515

I wish we could have cool conversations as to who has seen a gamer with "C" on it that was not Langenbrunner, Elias, Niedermayer, Stevens, Driver, Muller, Bridgman, or Lever. I know of only one and I'd love to own it.

Well don't keep us in suspense - what is it?!

And picking up my Gionta jersey point - has anyone seen "one night" alternate jerseys that have survived?

I wish we could have cool conversations as to who has seen a gamer with "C" on it that was not Langenbrunner, Elias, Niedermayer, Stevens, Driver, Muller, Bridgman, or Lever. I know of only one and I'd love to own it.

Well don't keep us in suspense - what is it?!

And picking up my Gionta jersey point - has anyone seen "one night" alternate jerseys that have survived?

First, I am unfamiliar with the "one night" alternate sweaters... I do not understand this. If you are talking about a back-up or "blood sweater" than yes, the last one I saw was a Langenbrunner at MeiGray with no tagging period (including MeiGray), but it did come from the Devils.

I've seen a Brylin with "C" in someone's collection. I think it is either a pre-season that was worn very early on, but I've seen it. It has minimal wear, but enough to suggest it was worn for at least another game. Maybe the "C" was added near the end of the use of the sweater and then it pops up. I had concerns until I found a photo.

First, I am unfamiliar with the "one night" alternate sweaters... I do not understand this. If you are talking about a back-up or "blood sweater" than yes, the last one I saw was a Langenbrunner at MeiGray with no tagging period (including MeiGray), but it did come from the Devils.

I've seen a Brylin with "C" in someone's collection. I think it is either a pre-season that was worn very early on, but I've seen it. It has minimal wear, but enough to suggest it was worn for at least another game. Maybe the "C" was added near the end of the use of the sweater and then it pops up. I had concerns until I found a photo.

Yeah, I've seen photos of Brylin wearing the "C" in the pre-season. Danyeko too.

Brylincaptain.jpg

Matt, what are your three incoming jerseys? Also, who owns the Brylin with C?

Edited by JWomp

I've been wondering about these types of questions. Can someone explain what it is he's/she's trying to match? The make of the jersey from that season (Koho, CCM, RBK, etc.)? The fabric? The jersey worn on a specific date? I'm confused. :noclue:

95Crash...when I went back into old threads to find that Brylin picture, I noticed you posted this question about photo matching that nobody ever answered. Did looking through this thread answer your question? If not, let us know and we'd be happy to explain.

Edited by JWomp

Sorry - probably wasn't clear. I was thinking of players who served as an alternate for only one occassion. Not thinking of the rotating A after Elias was stripped of the C, but something like the Philly game the other night that produced a Gionta jersey with an A. I understood that typically the A is simply removed and the set continues to be used. But I am wondering if, for whatever reason, anyone has seen a similar jersey where the A was left in place.

Put it another way: a Gionta (or White who also had one this year) alternate jersey would be cool. Particularly if it was only worn once with the A.

Or maybe I'm alone on this one?

Sorry - probably wasn't clear. I was thinking of players who served as an alternate for only one occassion. Not thinking of the rotating A after Elias was stripped of the C, but something like the Philly game the other night that produced a Gionta jersey with an A. I understood that typically the A is simply removed and the set continues to be used. But I am wondering if, for whatever reason, anyone has seen a similar jersey where the A was left in place.

Put it another way: a Gionta (or White who also had one this year) alternate jersey would be cool. Particularly if it was only worn once with the A.

Or maybe I'm alone on this one?

I agree that it would be cool, but I think in most cases, the A is removed and the game worn jersey would be sold without it (unless the player wore the A consistantly during the time they wore the jersey and there was never a need to remove it).

I agree that it would be cool, but I think in most cases, the A is removed and the game worn jersey would be sold without it (unless the player wore the A consistantly during the time they wore the jersey and there was never a need to remove it).

They exist and I think there was a Lemieux w/A that had to be stripped during a game after something happened, but I haven't seen any that I can think of other than the rotating "A" in which there was an extra "A" sweater for at least Langenbrunner. Not sure of Pando or others...

Just heard from Dave Hall, that as of THIS week on MONDAY, Set 2's were still being worn. FYI!!!!

EDITED FOR JORDAN!!!

Picking up the following SOON... All are deals in the process of completing or finalized.

Scott Young Nords

Brian Rolston Devils

Sergei Brylin Devils

Langenbrunner Stars (the one Doug Reisinger has is awesome, but this isn't it)

Murphy Rats

Edited by Chorske17

They exist and I think there was a Lemieux w/A that had to be stripped during a game after something happened, but I haven't seen any that I can think of other than the rotating "A" in which there was an extra "A" sweater for at least Langenbrunner. Not sure of Pando or others...

Just heard from Dave Hall, that as of THIS week on MONDAY, Set 2's were still being worn. FYI!!!!

EDITED FOR JORDAN!!!

Picking up the following SOON... All are deals in the process of completing or finalized.

Scott Young Nords

Brian Rolston Devils

Sergei Brylin Devils

Murphy Rats

EDITED FOR JORDAN!!!

Scott Young Nords

Brian Rolston Devils

Sergei Brylin Devils

Murphy Rats

Fantastic additions! We will need all the details!

Any reason given for the extended use of Set 2? Keeping Set 3 fresh for a deep playoff run?

EDITED FOR JORDAN!!!

Scott Young Nords

Brian Rolston Devils

Sergei Brylin Devils

Murphy Rats

LOL thanks Matt. Nice additions! I wish I had the money for that Brylin.

Is the Rolston from his current time with the Devils or his first stint?

Fantastic additions! We will need all the details!

Any reason given for the extended use of Set 2? Keeping Set 3 fresh for a deep playoff run?

Your guess is better than mine. Teams don't usually keep set 3's in hopes for a deep playoff run. I think there was some sort of screw-up. Regardless, I'm content with the Set 2 I'll get.

I've really enjoyed reading this thread and the knowledge you guys are imparting.

I have some questions, maybe they are common knowledge but they are unknown to me.

Are there any jerseys out there that shouldn't be worn? ie on display in someone's home or too much money spent in acquiring it.

While wearing a game worn, something gets spilled on it, do you launder it?

EDIT: I know once it's in your possession it's just like any other jersey, I can't get it out of my head that I should be trying to keep the condition I got the jersey in. (If I ever got one.) B )

Do you document any damage that occurs to the jersey while in your possession?

How do you store the jerseys when you are not wearing them? Are they stowed away or hanging in a closet?

Edited by Rock

Your guess is better than mine. Teams don't usually keep set 3's in hopes for a deep playoff run. I think there was some sort of screw-up. Regardless, I'm content with the Set 2 I'll get.

Are you getting Rolston's set 2?

Are there any jerseys out there that shouldn't be worn? ie on display in someone's home or too much money spent in acquiring it.

While wearing a game worn, something gets spilled on it, do you launder it?

EDIT: I know once it's in your possession it's just like any other jersey, I can't get it out of my head that I should be trying to keep the condition I got the jersey in. (If I ever got one.) B )

Do you document any damage that occurs to the jersey while in your possession?

How do you store the jerseys when you are not wearing them? Are they stowed away or hanging in a closet?

Personally, I don't wear my game worns but I know many people who do. There are certain times I might wear them in the future, but I don't think I'd trust the general public in wearing it to a game and risking something being spilled on it.

All of my jerseys stay in the closet for now, with the exception of one, my Langenbrunner, which I have displayed in a locker setup. One day, I hope to have all of my jerseys displayed when I buy a house and can make a game/sports room in my basement.

Here's my Langenbrunner setup:

2223374170100299444S500x500Q85.jpg

There are photos of other people's displays on the gameworn.net site. Some are really nice! Here are a few links: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimat...ic;f=1;t=015876

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimat...ic;f=1;t=015339

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimat...ic;f=1;t=018661

Here's one nice way:

2658303680041520934S500x500Q85.jpg

Another of my favorites:

front12.jpg

This one is simply amazing: 2002784310450315383_rs.jpg

Edited by JWomp

I fully intended to wear my Madden (first game worn) when I purchased. But once you own one, and begin to appreciate how unique and special they are, it becomes hard to risk damage. So they are all in my closet for the moment (with the exception of two hanging in bedroom). Moving to a new house over the summer and plan to slowly build out the basement into a bar where they can be displayed.

Question: any good threads or background on NCAA game worn? I see them offered from time to time but not sure where they come from, how authenticated, etc. On my mind as I watch Darcy Zajac playing this afternoon!

When it comes to wearing stuff, I say just do it. Sweaters were meant to be worn and you can wash them in mild detergent on gentle cycle. Unless the sweater has tremendous wear and is being held together by the smallest of fabric, I think you are safe in washing 95% of items in the last 20 years. Going back farther usually is when things get difficult because of the truly 'hammered' condition of them. I wore my Kirk Muller to #552 on St. Patrick's Day. I don't think anyone KNEW what it was and certainly no one said a word to me. Sure a beer could've been spilled on me, but I felt pretty safe. Obviously after the game on the way to get autographs I put on a jacket and tucked in the bottom for fear of those who turn without thinking with of the open marker they have in their hands. Ken taught me that and it is a good idea. Too much could happen.

As far as storing them. You'll never get completely dust and lint free. I still plan on doing the locker room in my basement. I thought about the display case as shown and then got estimates on the glass-only. F-me Freddy! I might as well build an addition onto my house. It was in the thousands. I'll pass. The locker room will still look great, but I won't be able to keep all the dust out, but I'll rotate the sweaters to keep it looking different and hopefully avoid the dust which might accumulate. I've drawn out three ideas and will probably end up doing one more where I get combination of all three. If anyone has ANY current pictures of the locker room let me know and any suggestions for the skate hangers used let me know. I went to a sign company and got an estimate for locker name plates and it is quite affordible. The only thing I cannot do have them do a logo on it. I can always paste a sticker on it if needed.

I recently took some photos to Target and got them developed and put them in some pictures frames I got from there too. I "Martha Steward-ed" them by lighly sanding and then spray painting and thus saved myself about 40-50 dollars. I'll have to post photos soon of these great displays I made. Hopefully you guys will give me some feedback.

I snagged an over-head projector from work which I plan to hand paint the Devils and Blackhawks logo on the wall. Still can't believe they were gonna' throw out this projector that merely had a burnt out bulb. PRICELESS. I could use a fat head and probably save time, but I think painting it will be a ton of fun.

Jordan, the Rolston is a set 2 Red with a good mark on the number "2". Barry did cut me a deal. I change my mind, there is a ton of stuff I'd like at MeiGray. I can think of about 6-7 items as far as sweaters so I hope it is significant savings. Only one item is a Devils item and hopefully you guys know who it is.

We have three cats who do just about everything to avoid the gamers. They were trained early on where they can scratch and where they cannot. They are fantastic and I'm sorry to hear about your cats Ken. I see more issues with dogs in general, but I guess cats can be a pest to our collections.

Edited by Chorske17

Question: any good threads or background on NCAA game worn? I see them offered from time to time but not sure where they come from, how authenticated, etc. On my mind as I watch Darcy Zajac playing this afternoon!

The NCAA market is very competitive and tight. Stuff from Minnesota/Michigan Tech/North Dakota are not readily available. Stuff gets pretty pricy too. I know the Michigan Tech guy pretty well from emails and chatting at MeiGray. The Minnesota/North Dakota collectors I do not know. Authentication is pretty much limited to those who have the items and just know. It is basically like the Wild west and knowledge is slim. Teams sometimes remove plates, change them, wear multiple sweater in a year, or recycle from year to year. I know absolutley nothing on this subject and wish you the best. Does Darcy Zajac play for North Dakota?

The NCAA market is very competitive and tight. Stuff from Minnesota/Michigan Tech/North Dakota are not readily available. Stuff gets pretty pricy too. I know the Michigan Tech guy pretty well from emails and chatting at MeiGray. The Minnesota/North Dakota collectors I do not know. Authentication is pretty much limited to those who have the items and just know. It is basically like the Wild west and knowledge is slim. Teams sometimes remove plates, change them, wear multiple sweater in a year, or recycle from year to year. I know absolutley nothing on this subject and wish you the best. Does Darcy Zajac play for North Dakota?

Thanks for the info - sort of what I guessed and I suppose I'll just keep an eye out. Darcy is in his third year at ND (who played about as well as the NJD today).

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=83841

You're welcome ;) I was standing back watching a crowd maybe 10 years ago after practice and i watched this kid turn around and put a big blue sharpie line across the back of some poor girls jersey. After seeing that, something got thrown over the jersey i was wearing ever since that day in a big crowd. Also, i always hang back to avoid the rush to the players letting the overzealous kids and adults have their way first.

Funny story. During 2003 Training Camp, we were outside waiting and i said to my wife throw my Devils windbreaker on over her jersey for the same reason as above. She puts it on goes and gets her autos and comes back to dump off the pucks and the windbreaker is soaked in gold paint pen. The paint pen she was using exploded all over the sleeves and body of the jacket. She must have shook it too much or something. She peels off the jacket carefully and the jersey is clean as a whistle. I lost a $40 windbreaker, but at least the jersey was OK.

We adopted our two black cats when they were 6 months, so we didn't have a chance to ween them as kittens. They were young enough to learn somethings which was good. We had to carry a squirt bottle around to teach them lol. My cats aren't destructive, but they like to play. They think everything is a toy for their amusement amd curiousity. When i came home from draft day in 2006 with 40 pairs of gloves, i had them in our living room to sort. Within a half hour, both cats wer ein the middle of the pile and they would stuck their heads in the glove cuffs to sniff them (they obviously smelled the human scent) and my one cat started batting a pair of gloves around the room.

They do scratch and i have to buy that spray at Petco for our furniture which works on some more then other things. I somehow know they'd scratch the jerseys. Plus, with cat hair, i'd rather not have them near it. Good thing is, my family room is on the lower level of the house and it has a door. They don't really go near the family room even when the door is open. It's weird. Something in there scares them or makes them cautious as they creep in look around and they'll run away.

Our cats like to play as well. Funny you can buy toys, but a crumpled up piece of paper, q-tip, or string is more entertaining than anything bought.

I also learned that when you see a player you really want (for an autograph) and there is a mob.... Crouch down in the mob and yell, "Hey Ken Daneyko just came out the door around the corner." (note: Scott Stevens works as well). Viola! People run in the direction you came from and lookie here, you're first in line. Works like a champ. Might try that on draft day if people are in front of us for sticks, gloves, and everybodies favourites (including Ken) helmets.

Last night I called several of you guys in attempts to find out whatever I could about the alumni game today that featured Tom Chorske. I spent a crap load of time trying to find it and after finding out it was 3.5 hours away, I had to pass. I've never met Tom and that was all I was going to drive out there for. I'm unhappy I missed my chance, but maybe another time will come up. Langenbrunner is the other one I haven't met yet that I am eager to meet. I have a better chance at meeting him.

I am half tempted to call this week and find out if they are going to have Draft day. I just need to know how to spend my money. I have no idea what to think, but I need to request that time off. I suspect the Devils will let us know with less than two weeks left before the draft.

Sorry, i couldn't get back to you ASAP. I figured by the time i did, you'd have gotten some info about it. The Alumni games are fun. The one i went to in Feb 2008 @SMA i won a Brodeur auto'd stick. (Team issue mind you....).

Grant Marshall was at my childhood elementary school about 2 miles from my house talking to kids last week. It was in my local paper. He's making the rounds in my area.

Speaking of Chorske...have a look in the want ads section of the forum. I think you'll find Dixon's newest want to your interest.....

Looks like he found it too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.