The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Nothing left to say. Time for Lou to evaluate the makeup of this group and find the character and leadership necessary to win. You could hear the anger in Marty's voice in the post game.

I posted my "2 cents" on the thread in Hell.

I thought there was a ton of heart on this team and they did well. The only thing I feel for certain that was wrong was relying on Brodeur as much as they did. I do not feel it was Langenbrunner's fault as Captain. I do not feel the problem was Sutter. I don't think Parise, Shanahan, Zajac, Clarkson, Martin, Oduya, or Salvador was to blame. I also don't think Rolston (as much as people will point to him). Colin White usually does a great job and when you notice him that means he did something that was bad. Elias was not himself. Curious to see what happens next:

-Will Shanahan retire?

-Will Sutter leave the team?

-Will Gionta walk out of town free of charge?

-Will Langenbrunner be unfairly stripped of Captaincy?

-Will Zubrus, Havelid, and Madden be back?

-Will people see Brodeur isn't at the top of his game anymore?

Stay tuned... much to see!

LASTLY... Like I said on the other thread. At least the Devils played hard and weren't up 3-1 going into game five only to lose the next three and be eliminated (like the Rangers were). THAT is PRICELESS.

"That's as significant as a pool without water!" (how that phrase will forever follow you)

:dance:

How many photo matches do you guys get for a jersey? I've gotten a little nuts on searching for matches for my new jersey. I've got about 14 different photos with clear matches, and I cant stop!

How many photo matches do you guys get for a jersey? I've gotten a little nuts on searching for matches for my new jersey. I've got about 14 different photos with clear matches, and I cant stop!

Awesome! What jersey?

I had sixteen for one sweater. I look for the best looking photo and keep track of the rest. Usually I'll print out my top 3 if I can. Funny, I've got about a 50/50 split on card matches and photos/reference material.

Wow.... I'm a HUGE Mike Peluso fan, and even I'm offended. If this gets even one bid, I'll throw my 94-95 jersey, gloves, stick, and autographed Cup photo together for $10K.

I'd say the auction is overpriced by about $3,900 :rofl: . Typical example of people who are not in the hobby thinking that this memorabilia is worth a ton of money. Or maybe the seller is an employee of steiner sports, they are programmed to over price everything.

There is also a stick mark on one of the sleeve by the cuffs. The HD pics on your webshots made that easier to spot.

I only fear that when I open the box from meigray that the puck mark on the crest wont be there.

Also why does this have so many bids http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2...r-1564-0.html???

While Lindros will always go down as being a dick of a player/friend (ask Rod Brind'Amour).... He does have some good followers after all these years and it is a Rags sweater. Those Roster Dick M-F'ers come out of the woodwork to buy his stuff.

I'd say the auction is overpriced by about $3,900 :rofl: . Typical example of people who are not in the hobby thinking that this memorabilia is worth a ton of money. Or maybe the seller is an employee of steiner sports, they are programmed to over price everything.

Yeah, this leaves me asking questions... First, when did Peluso EVER wear Rawlings gloves? Second, there is literally nothing there that tells a story as to how the person came to acquire the items, when they were used, and how they know the items were Mike's... Hell, I should just sell a game worn sweater on ebay and list in the description with no picture: "Game worn sweater with excellent puck marks, repairs, and use. Don't ask me who or what league, but I'll get back to you on that when you win."

Yeah, this leaves me asking questions... First, when did Peluso EVER wear Rawlings gloves? Second, there is literally nothing there that tells a story as to how the person came to acquire the items, when they were used, and how they know the items were Mike's... Hell, I should just sell a game worn sweater on ebay and list in the description with no picture: "Game worn sweater with excellent puck marks, repairs, and use. Don't ask me who or what league, but I'll get back to you on that when you win."

Or price it at $400 and call it a grab bag :D

Wow.... I'm a HUGE Mike Peluso fan, and even I'm offended. If this gets even one bid, I'll throw my 94-95 jersey, gloves, stick, and autographed Cup photo together for $10K.

I still need a Peluso stick... ;)

I saw that jersey about an hour or so ago and now its vanished....Nice pickup I'm hoping you were able to heckle down the price though.

I didn't see anything. Where was it? eBay? The forum?

Details please Ken!!

Congrats!

I didn't see anything. Where was it? eBay? The forum?

Details please Ken!!

Congrats!

I'm pretty sure its the one I saw on ebay. Dano red with "A" I dont remember the year but the jersey had the ccm and orange NHL logo on the bottom. Looked very purdy.

Thanks guys!

Yep, it's the 98-99 that was just on eBay. I bought my 99-00 Dano off of him as well. I made him an offer (he was taking offers ) by emailing him and he took it. He ended it on eBay "early" because he's local to me and rather then him get killed with the fees on eBay and paypal by going through the same process, i am going to meet up w/him and save him the fees.

I just didn't want anyone to think it was a case of taking something from underneath anyone as i have been vocal about that and i didn't want to be a hypocrite. We're just saving him about $85 in fees and his free shipping cost by avoiding eBay.

Pretty excited. The red/black Dano w/auto that MGG has i passed on due to the asking price being $1200 and change. Needless to say this one didn't cost anywhere near that.

Of course the "A" makes it that much sweeter :dance: were you able to photo match it yet? Were you "Calm, Cool and Collected" when you bought it :boogie: ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.