The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Sorry Matt - saw your post too late to join.

Anybody see this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...hlink:middle:us

The tag number in the letter is a set 2 red but the one on the jersey is wrong (that number is a Niedermayer). And the pop report for the number in the letter doesn't list the Alternate A. And did they wear Koho that season?

I have a jersey that has an "A" on it, but it is not listed on the pop. report. I guess sometimes they are added and are not updated on the report.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/Ex...2&scId=4542 .

It is on meigray and ebay at the same time!

So is the set 2 Nieds! I think we now know that the seller owns both jerseys on consignment at Meigray. Seems he just put the pic of the wrong hem tag in his auction. Looks like an honest mistake.

Seems right. I emailed the seller so we'll see what they say. I'm curious about the Koho and don't recall when they started wearing. I know my Madden set 1 white from 03-04 is CCM. So did they switch mid-season?

Didn't they wear Koho on the Red jerseys and CCM on the White's at this time? I remember that the road and home were different during the same season.

Yes, that's correct. The whites were CCM and the reds were Koho. I'm not sure the exact years this occurred during, but 03-04 was one of them.

Thanks for the Koho answer - as I get older I forget more than I remember.

Did anyone ever confirm the Brylin "worn during 2 years" claim?

Seller reply:

THANK YOU FOR THE QUESTION. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I WILL EDIT THE LISTING TO SHOW THE MADDEN TAG WHICH IS B05301. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

Sounds reasonable.

Thanks for the Koho answer - as I get older I forget more than I remember.

Did anyone ever confirm the Brylin "worn during 2 years" claim?

Negative. It has never been offically confirmed. Both Jordan and I have serious doubts on it with the patches and such. I keep wondering if there is another possibility as to why the tremendous wear on it.

You are bad unknown poster.

Does raise an interesting issue regarding the recent Rbk jerseys. As unknown poster said, these things just don't wear like the old days. Seems like we are bound to see instances of "alterations" to make some jerseys more desireable. Particularly when many of the 700-1000 preorders for marginal players start hitting the secondary market in a few years.

I suppose photomatches will help. But will be really hard to disprove a few stick marks or a small hole.

You are bad unknown poster.

:P

Does raise an interesting issue regarding the recent Rbk jerseys. As unknown poster said, these things just don't wear like the old days. Seems like we are bound to see instances of "alterations" to make some jerseys more desireable. Particularly when many of the 700-1000 preorders for marginal players start hitting the secondary market in a few years.

I suppose photomatches will help. But will be really hard to disprove a few stick marks or a small hole.

I think alot of the wear issues comes from the following:

1) The amount of sets worn. Back when there was two sets, they wore so much better and when they were recycled it was even better. Also, 3rd jerseys did not rob teams of losing games in a particular set back then. The ultrafil showed the wear alot better compared to the airknit!

2) The lack of hooking, holding and overall hitting in the game. Also, alot more players are using white tape on the blade, so it won't show on whatever hooks are dished out. Dasher boards aren't painted anymore, so no more paint transfers. The board avertisements are stickers, too.

3) Trainers tend to "clean up" the jerseys today for appearance purposes using better detergents when washing them. The Kings were well known for dry cleaning their jerseys. Barry told us at an expo, the teams do not care about our little collecting nuances!

The issue of adding wear is often brought up. However, one runs the risk of adding too much wear that stands out, because an obvious added mark or two or a hole will have to show up somewheres in pics or video. I'll be willing to bet someone's done it with a MeiGray jersey, though.

Edited by SJP20

:P

I think alot of the wear issues comes from the following:

1) The amount of sets worn. Back when there was two sets, they wore so much better and when they were recycled it was even better. Also, 3rd jerseys did not rob teams of losing games in a particular set back then. The ultrafil showed the wear alot better compared to the airknit!

2) The lack of hooking, holding and overall hitting in the game. Also, alot more players are using white tape on the blade, so it won't show on whatever hooks are dished out. Dasher boards aren't painted anymore, so no more paint transfers. The board avertisements are stickers, too.

3) Trainers tend to "clean up" the jerseys today for appearance purposes using better detergents when washing them. The Kings were well known for dry cleaning their jerseys. Barry told us at an expo, the teams do not care about our little collecting nuances!

The issue of adding wear is often brought up. However, one runs the risk of adding too much wear that stands out, because an obvious added mark or two or a hole will have to show up somewheres in pics or video. I'll be willing to bet someone's done it with a MeiGray jersey, though.

Agreed. I suspect someone could get away with adding minimal wear, but anything very significant would have to show up in a photo or video. There is a lot of video and pictures today so the past is where it is at.

The RBK edge might end up being the death of this hobby with the lack of wear. And teams could give two Shiite Muslums about us as Barry stated to Ken. Their goal is to get the players looking as nice as possible without paying an arm and leg. 90's stuff in general showed better wear. Anything pre 1997-98 inparticular showed the wear fantastically.

Also stuff is sitting somewhere. There are people out there who probably have NO idea of the hobby beyond what is hanging in their closet. A guy I've worked with for months finally told me he had a ton of gamers and didn't know I was interested in that stuff. I was wary, but he has legit stuff. He was looking for a price guide and I chuckled when I said, "one does not exist really." I'd like to see one though. Set a basic price for a players stuff for certain years and then a +/- scale based upon wear, photomatching, lack of wear, tears, rips, repairs, video clips, removed "C's and A's", and reattached plates. I think this would be more fair than saying ALL Brodeurs are worth $7500.00.

IN addition, these one game wonders for cards, fans, or promotions has to go. One game could mean the difference between an added stick mark, puck mark, rip, burn, or god knows what else. Besides that stupid one inch swatch isn't really worth having is it?

Ken,

That picture is priceless. It needs a caption though, like: "YOU better sell me that sweater, OR else!"

HOWEVER, I prefer the below picture with:

RESPECT MY AUTHORITY

dixon.jpg

Be careful with consignment guy. I sent him a message asking if the jerseys were in his hands or still @ meigray and i've gotten no response.

Same here. No response. But he did promptly respond to the Madden question and another generic inquiry. He may just be ignoring all the messages to see how the ebay listing goes.

Wouldn't surprise me if he pulls it all at the 13th hour, or before, if it's not where or close to the consignment prices. The guy is obviously a collector of some sort as judged by his items currently on eBay. I just don't like questions ignored, especially ones that have to do with having items in your posession and when the sellers feedback is only 4.

I do agree. Ebay is for selling and if you list I assume you are ready to sell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.