The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

I was thinking about it but I might pass. Nothing on there that's really catching my eye.

What have you picked up recently?

I had the same feeling too.  Was thinking of getting this one jersey that would be about $300 after taxes in the sale but wasn't too excited about it.

Got the Andy Greene 2014 Retro Night gamer and then got a 98-99 Nemchinov gamer.  Sergei was one of the very few Rags players I actually liked, even when he was on the Rags.  Was thrilled when we got him that year and thought he was a great 4th liner.  Apparently from what I hear, Messier threw a huge fit at Smith when he traded Nemchinov away to Vancouver.

I won't really mention what is in the mail for me but will once I get it and really check it out.  From what I see everything looks like it should be but I just want to make sure.

ive been wanting to pick up an andy greene gamer for a while now, but it seems like i will end up just passing on their sale right now especially since im sure i can get the same sale theyre offering now in 3 months.. i want one his gamers with the A on it.

ive been wanting to pick up an andy greene gamer for a while now, but it seems like i will end up just passing on their sale right now especially since im sure i can get the same sale theyre offering now in 3 months.. i want one his gamers with the A on it.

Yeah you might have to wait for those to go on sale as since he started wearing the A last year, you will have to wait until holiday 2015 for those to be on sale.

Now that I got the players I really want from this current edition of the team, nothing really interests me in terms of Devils shirts from the past 3-5 years.  I think I may want a Cammalleri, Zids or possibly a Ryder shirt down the road, but I won't be going all out and won't care if I never get them.  Right now the older stuff is interesting me more and I know for the summer sale I will be in the "if I find something cool for a good price I will get it otherwise whatever" mode.  The only modern Devils jerseys I am really interested in anymore are special night or patched jerseys.  I already have a Stadium Series jersey and now a retro night jersey so not much else for me. 

they have jerseys of his that are on sale.. last seasons they are offering like 20% off on..but im sure they will do better than that after the sale is over.

I have 2 Andy Greene jerseys: the 2014 Retro Night and a 2008-09 white set 1.  For the 08-09 gamer I kid you not I got it less than $200 from a private collector.

For a guy who has a good shot at being our next captain, I am not sure why his stuff is not that much in demand.  Even worse are stuff like pre-customized jerseys and player shirts.  If Gionta and even friggin Bernier have player shirts on nhl.com then why not Greene?

I have 2 Andy Greene jerseys: the 2014 Retro Night and a 2008-09 white set 1.  For the 08-09 gamer I kid you not I got it less than $200 from a private collector.

For a guy who has a good shot at being our next captain, I am not sure why his stuff is not that much in demand.  Even worse are stuff like pre-customized jerseys and player shirts.  If Gionta and even friggin Bernier have player shirts on nhl.com then why not Greene?

i agree, he is under appreciated and respected for sure.. and wow that is a great deal, hearing that makes me want to just hold out and wait to find someone looking to unload one privately.

i agree, he is under appreciated and respected for sure.. and wow that is a great deal, hearing that makes me want to just hold out and wait to find someone looking to unload one privately.

lol I got it like 4 years ago before he became "big".  One of the best deals on a gamer I have ever got.

Just saw a post by the Devils Facebook page offering Albany Devils gamers. Holy crap this not the way to sell them (the prices are batsh!t):

http://thealbanydevils.com/shop/product-category/game-worn-jerseys/

Yeah, they're a bit on the high side. When they offered their 2011-12 jerseys for sale, they were a lot more affordable:

# Player Red White Cost
2 Jay Leach 1 1 $325
5 Peter Harrold 1 $375
6 Mattias Tedenby 1 $350
7 Brandon Burlon 1 1 $250
8 Matt Corrente 1 $325
9 Joe Whitney 1 $325
12 Tim Sestito 1 1 $375
14 Nathan Perkovich 1 1 $250
15 Steve Zalewski 1 1 $300
16 Chad Wiseman 1 1 $300
17 Kelly Zajac 1 $250
19 Brad Mills 1 1 $275
21 Kory Nagy 1 1 $250
22 JS Berube 1 1 $250
23 Darcy Zajac 1 1 $250
24 Eric Gelinas 1 1 $350
25 David Wohlberg 1 1 $250
26 Mike Hoeffel 1 $250
27 Mike Sislo 1 1 $250
29 Matt Anderson 1 1 $325
31 Jeff Frazee 1 2 $325
35 Keith Kinkaid 1 1 $325

I got the #17 Kelly Zajac that year...which it turned out was also worn by Henrique prior to Zajac. Not bad for $250. 

Then MeiGray ended up getting the Albany jerseys from 2012-13 and priced them much higher. I think that impacted Albany's thinking on their game worn jerseys. Now, when Albany has jerseys to sell, they price them closer to MeiGray's prices rather than what they used to sell them for. 

Edited by JWomp

clear by all the puck marks that it must be a goalie jersey.. schneider?

Close! But this goalie has 608 more career wins than Cory  ;)

I couldn't see what player it was. Who was it?

Front_zps3958d7b2.jpg
Back_zps66114309.jpg

Great pickup jordan.

Unreal Jordan! Enjoy the hell out of it! It's crazy even opening that package

Thanks guys! It's an awesome jersey...great wear and tons of photo matches. Really happy to have it.

Crest_zpsd1d70404.jpg

167329537_10_zps17171977.jpg

Like I mentioned before I passed on the Meigray sale as I got a jersey that I would much rather have and at a good price than anything I could see in my price range.

Today I received my Langenbrunner 2006-07 white set 3/playoffs gamer with the 25th anniversary patch. Looks great and couldn't be happier. Wear is light to moderate. I will try to post pics later this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.