Jump to content

The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread


DevilinLA
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I placed the first or second bid on all 4 goalies, and was quickly outbid. About all it was worth to me. 

Whoever bought a Tatar for $3800 will lose a lot of money if they ever try to sell it. 

I get the feeling the buyer might been "Mr. T"

As in, "Mr. Tomas...

TATAR!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hero no one wants. And this is why we can't have nice things. It's interesting watching the Facebook thread. I strongly dislike Mr Shill

 

Also it seems a large # of people/companies appear to buy practice/warn up jerseys for an exorbitant price. Tax write off or warm and fuzzies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, McLeod41-20 said:

The hero no one wants. And this is why we can't have nice things. It's interesting watching the Facebook thread. I strongly dislike Mr Shill

 

Also it seems a large # of people/companies appear to buy practice/warn up jerseys for an exorbitant price. Tax write off or warm and fuzzies?

A little bit of both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Haven't posted here (NJDevs) in a hot second... Apologies for cluelessness of this post but I was working on doing my own research when I remembered there was a pretty active game worn collectors group on this forum. I was curious as to where the best place to sell a game worn jersey is -- or even if anyone here would be interested in this. I was fortunate enough to get the "jerseys off our back" jersey from Blake Coleman from the last time we were happy as Devils fans, draft lotteries aside: fan appreciation night when they beat the Leafs to clinch a playoff spot. Should be pretty easy to photo match the authenticity of it since I have a selfie on the ice with himself and me... lol. 

My question is what is the best way to go about determining a solid value on this item and where is the best place to sell it? I have just had it hanging up in my closet ever since basically untouched since obtaining it. Always planned on maybe framing it or something but then we traded him and... yeah, I dunno. I like Coleman but I don't think I care enough to frame and hang it. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can always try eBay…I’ve bought some of my GWs from there.

How much are you looking for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You can always try eBay…I’ve bought some of my GWs from there.

How much are you looking for?

Not really sure as I am having a tough time tracking down any Blake Coleman game-worns aside from his Tampa Cup jerseys which are going for a lot. Cursory search of Devils jerseys out there shows a bunch of obscure players on eBay like the Pelley's, Warsofsky's, etc. going for like $200-300 whereas I obviously read how much some of our warmup jerseys were going for on auction on here for the more popular stalwarts. 

I guess it's something where I could just put it on eBay and set a minimum, see what happens? Dunno!

It's not something I need to move with any urgency so just kind of exploring what I could get for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Steven M. said:

Not really sure as I am having a tough time tracking down any Blake Coleman game-worns aside from his Tampa Cup jerseys which are going for a lot. Cursory search of Devils jerseys out there shows a bunch of obscure players on eBay like the Pelley's, Warsofsky's, etc. going for like $200-300 whereas I obviously read how much some of our warmup jerseys were going for on auction on here for the more popular stalwarts. 

I guess it's something where I could just put it on eBay and set a minimum, see what happens? Dunno!

It's not something I need to move with any urgency so just kind of exploring what I could get for it. 

Meigray has a 19-20 Coleman still for sale for $495 retail.  In the upcoming summer sale, it will likely be discounted 30% so you are looking at $346.50 from Meigray.  I would say about $350ish is about the going rate for a Coleman Devils gamer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Meigray has a 19-20 Coleman still for sale for $495 retail.  In the upcoming summer sale, it will likely be discounted 30% so you are looking at $346.50 from Meigray.  I would say about $350ish is about the going rate for a Coleman Devils gamer.

Yeah sounds about right.

As you know, I have Coleman's initial #40 Edge jerseys, and his #20 Heritage (wonder who sold me that one...)  If he were still here, I'd probably consider picking up one of his Adidases.  Liked his overachieving grit.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah sounds about right.

As you know, I have Coleman's initial #40 Edge jerseys, and his #20 Heritage (wonder who sold me that one...)  If he were still here, I'd probably consider picking up one of his Adidases.  Liked his overachieving grit.

 

He wound up being a better player than most could hope for.  Shame he was a relatively late bloomer.

I have also picked up my new Third Jersey Jersey gamer up today.  I have to say they are nicer in person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

He wound up being a better player than most could hope for.  Shame he was a relatively late bloomer.

I have also picked up my new Third Jersey Jersey gamer up today.  I have to say they are nicer in person.

If not for the damned crest I wouldn't mind them.  But yeah, seeing them on fans at games (and a LOT of fans are wearing them, as you know), they're not that bad.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Bratt Third Jersey Jersey.  It's his set 1 which was worn in the first 7 games that they wore these jerseys.  Set 2 was worn the next 6 games and set 3 was worn just on SOTB night (1 game).  However, due to illness/injuries, Bratt only wore this in 4 games but still notched 3 goals and 3 assists while wearing it.  Has some decent wear including loose threads, marks, and an unrepaired hole on the right sleeve.  I was able to photomatch it to the 1/25/22 game against Dallas to the marks on the sleeve.

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Part of me wants to get one of these damned Jersey jerseys...not exactly sure why.  If I do, I'll shop in the lowest-priced aisle...that means someone like Vesey, Kuokkanen, Johnsson, etc.  For some reason Bratt's always been one of the most reasonable buys...I have his DC jersey (it's an Edge jersey, which I love, because it's the only red he would've worn that was an Edge...that was an auction win, about the cost of an off-the-rack authentic), and his Heritage.  The Heritage was incredibly reasonably priced, compared to many of his teammates...think it was $750 or so.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 4:03 PM, DevsMan84 said:

FWIW Meigray updated their website today with the rest of the Third jerseys that are available.

You'd know better than I, but it seems to me like there are a TON of 2021-22 jerseys (home, away and alt) that are still available. Doesn't it seem like more than usual?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You'd know better than I, but it seems to me like there are a TON of 2021-22 jerseys (home, away and alt) that are still available. Doesn't it seem like more than usual?

I think given that there were 2 sets of the alts I think the alts sold pretty well.

I think the other thing that is throwing off perception is that the Devils had a ton of call-ups this year.  More call-ups leads to more gamers available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 4:03 PM, DevsMan84 said:

FWIW Meigray updated their website today with the rest of the Third jerseys that are available.

Toying with buying one out of the $895 or less crowd.  Starting to feel like I should have just one of these.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah RRs were definitely cooler, but would love to see how the fanbase would vote.  It's probably much closer than we think...a lot of fans have embraced the Jersey jerseys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was gonna snag the Walsh Jersey jersey...but that one and several others have been scooped up.  Don't really want to spend much on one, and definitely don't want Johnsson or Kuokkanen...so will chill for a while.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.