The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Jordan,

The owner of the Madden offered me his at the $1100 a while back. I passed. He was in a similiar situation like Bob Dodge (although not the same guy) who would travel Thailand once a year and used his sweaters as money to go there.

The SCF Stevenson white set was also worn throughout the playoffs and should have good wear. I would suspect that it would sell for at $1100, but hey it could be less. I'd prefer to have the SCF Langenbrunner white set, but have no idea if it is even for sale let alone who has it. I"ll let Souray take a stab at Stevenson and then I'll see what happens. The Brylin white set would also be nice for me from the SCF... I think the owner won't part with it though, but at least it is in good hands.

As far as cards, I collect them and have the arranged by year, by set, and then by player in binders to help in matching. Matching on cards is fun, but difficult. I find that you need magnifying glass to help. Photos are the best for me as there are a ton out there. Video doesn't interest me probably because you have to cue it up to the spot where the wear is and usually it is only visible for a little bit. Again nothing against it, but the photo is the wear captured in time for me.

I'll be bringing my doubles to the MeiGray expo to trade. I owe Jordan some stuff as well. If anyone else wants to trade there, bring your stuff. I have a plethora of early 90's stuff plus other years. I'm in real need of 97-2004 stuff and current stuff. Not looking for the 1 of 1 cards or anything like that, just as many player cards as I can find.

That SCF Lagenbrunner would be very sweet! Question for those in the hobby in 2003. How did Meigray work the SCF sale? Were the prices outrageous? Did the jerseys all go quick?

Same here! The "game worn" cards got me into the hobby.

My collection is really simple: as many NJD as I can find. Have several thousand (I guess) organized alpha by player in binders. I usually buy in bulk, and avoid the chase cards. Nothing against them - just don't have the money for more than one obsession. Or two if you count baseball. Or three if you count comics. Or four if you count wine.

I need another job to pay for all of this!

I collect NJD cards but also I am big with rookie cards. Doesn't have to be the expensive 1 of 1, but I tend to like rookies a lot. Also jersey swatch cards that are autographed by the rookie are pretty sweet. Got a great Parise one. I'll tell you what, for me opening a box of cards never loses its thrill!

The Brylin white set would also be nice for me from the SCF... I think the owner won't part with it though, but at least it is in good hands.

Matt,

Do you know who owns the white Brylin? If so, let me know. I'm trying to track down as many of the '03 Finals shirts as I can.

Thanks!

That SCF Lagenbrunner would be very sweet! Question for those in the hobby in 2003. How did Meigray work the SCF sale? Were the prices outrageous? Did the jerseys all go quick?

I didn't start collecting game worn jerseys until 2006, so I'm not sure of the original prices. I've always wondered though. It would be great to see a full list of the jerseys offered and their prices. I do know they went very quick though!

Ken might know the original prices.

well i just ordered my 2nd and 3rd gamers..got pando's set two red from last year, and brylin's set 3/playoff white from last year. Thanks to the meigray/facebook 50% off deal i got 2 for the price of 1. :yay::boogie::dance:

Awesome pickups! Those are 2 of the guys on my want list, after Friesen.

Edited by JWomp

Matt,

Do you know who owns the white Brylin? If so, let me know. I'm trying to track down as many of the '03 Finals shirts as I can.

Thanks!

SYKORA39

I didn't start collecting game worn jerseys until 2006, so I'm not sure of the original prices. I've always wondered though. It would be great to see a full list of the jerseys offered and their prices. I do know they went very quick though!

Ken might know the original prices.

The prices were higher I know that... I think it was a pre-order as at that time I was a spectator dating a law student and throwing my money (unfortunately there). I should've ditched her sooner as she never wanted to get married.

At any rate, I know the owners of the following SCF White/Reds from 2003

Brylin -White Set

Daneyko -Red Set

Gionta -White Set

Gomez -White Set

Lags- -Red Set

Marshall -White Set

White -Red Set

Just caught the parts about card above!

If anyone wants to bring cards to the expo to trade and stuff, LMK. I have a 5,000 count box full of Devils cards from all years, rookies, autos, game used that are my dupes or stuff i have for sale/trade. I also have my own Devils "master cards" i keep from 82-2009 for matching/reference purposes.

Matt already "raided" me (just kidding, pal) when he visited me at the card show i was a dealer at a few weeks ago, but there's still plenty left! That was fun, we had binders and boxes all spead out like the old days. I think that would be cool to add to the Expo.

I also have Topps complete sets/1000's of singles from years 84-85, 85-86, 86-87 and a 1000 count box of assorted NHL from all years, singles/rookies/inserts/graded.

Hey that sounds great. I totally may be game for that!

Alright. Now I think I have my eye on a different jersey. (I got over it a bit fast. hahaha) Is that sale for a certain amount of time?

Alright. Now I think I have my eye on a different jersey. (I got over it a bit fast. hahaha) Is that sale for a certain amount of time?

I believe it ends Midnight on May 7th. Glad you found something else!

I believe it ends Midnight on May 7th. Glad you found something else!

Figures, my financial situation (pay day! YAY) sorts out on Friday. :rant: Typical. Ahh such is my life. haha

Figures, my financial situation (pay day! YAY) sorts out on Friday. :rant: Typical. Ahh such is my life. haha

If you give them a call, you may be able to work something out. Tell them your situation. They are really good people.

SYKORA39

Matt, I think you're mixing that up. I'm almost positive he owns the red, not the white.

He also has an awesome Parise Rats.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2929244400033462791HlgUPd

Brylin -White Set

Daneyko -Red Set

Gionta -White Set

Gomez -White Set

Lags- -Red Set

Marshall -White Set

White -Red Set

I don't have any information on the red Daneyko, white Gomez, or white Marshall. If you don't mind, send me a PM with anything you know about those so I can add them to my list.

I know the owners of the following (I'd be happy to email you the details if you want):

WHITE:

Brian Gionta

Jeff Friesen

Turner Stevenson

Colin White

Jiri Bicek

John Madden

RED:

Jamie Langenbrunner

Mike Rupp

Jim McKenzie

Tommy Albelin

Pascal Rheaume

Scott Gomez

Sergei Brylin

John Madden

Corey Schwab

SYKORA39

The prices were higher I know that... I think it was a pre-order as at that time I was a spectator dating a law student and throwing my money (unfortunately there). I should've ditched her sooner as she never wanted to get married.

Brylin -White Set

Daneyko -Red Set

Gionta -White Set

Gomez -White Set

Lags- -Red Set

Marshall -White Set

White -Red Set

I have the Colin White, White set.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

If you place the order, but click that you are going to pay through PayPal, then you can pay on Friday the 8th. Just make the order on the 7th. It will not be a problem, I am sure.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Matt, I think you're mixing that up. I'm almost positive he owns the red, not the white.

He also has an awesome Parise Rats.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2929244400033462791HlgUPd

I don't have any information on the red Daneyko, white Gomez, or white Marshall. If you don't mind, send me a PM with anything you know about those so I can add them to my list.

You are correct on Sykora39's site... I got it mentally mixed up.

The Daneyko/Gomez are in the same spot and the owner is not a poster on any site, but does read them. I have his email at home. The Marshall is owned by a guy who has a pair of Rolstons from the 90's for sale. I have to check my phone records and email to find him. He all but disappeared, but he lives in New York. I want that Marshall badly too.

I think he has one other that exists, but I'll need to get that info to be certain. Who owns the Albelin

The Daneyko/Gomez are in the same spot and the owner is not a poster on any site, but does read them. I have his email at home. The Marshall is owned by a guy who has a pair of Rolstons from the 90's for sale. I have to check my phone records and email to find him. He all but disappeared, but he lives in New York. I want that Marshall badly too.

I think he has one other that exists, but I'll need to get that info to be certain. Who owns the Albelin

Not that it helps this project, but does Meigray update ownership of tagged jerseys? As in, can I call and say "I now own jersey with tag xxx" and have them change the database?

The white Gomez 2000 finals was just up for auction. I don't know who won or has it. The jerseys also had a big fat auto in the middle of the numbers on the back. That heritage auction site is confusing as hell.

Not sure if this has been posted but on lelands.com, there is a very nice 91-92 Randy McKay jersey up for auction.

It's number 453.

Only knock I guess it that it is signed in sharpie in the front. Still cool to see.

http://www.lelands.com/itemlist.aspx?categ...p;auctionid=811

EDIT

Not sure why the date on the website says November 08 items. I get no indication that the auction is over. Who knows...

Edited by Souray44

Not that it helps this project, but does Meigray update ownership of tagged jerseys? As in, can I call and say "I now own jersey with tag xxx" and have them change the database?

Yes, Paul, they do keep track of that. You can just call to have them update their records.

Is Frank Perrone the owner of the Daneyko/Gomez?

I have the Colin White, White set.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Thanks Mike, I knew that and I think Matt may have just mixed up his colors again when he said he knew who owned the red one.

Thanks Mike, I knew that and I think Matt may have just mixed up his colors again when he said he knew who owned the red one.

damn colors!

I encourage you to do so and I cal them everytime I add a new sweater to my collection and when I sell one. They "like" to know, but it also keeps a nice record outside of your home of what you have should anything happen.

damn colors!

I encourage you to do so and I cal them everytime I add a new sweater to my collection and when I sell one. They "like" to know, but it also keeps a nice record outside of your home of what you have should anything happen.

Great point.

Wouldn't it be nice to build a single collective website where all the NJD jerseys are displayed? With wear details? A dream I know, but would be nice.

BTW - did anyone see laser's jersey form he mentioned on the forum? Really great tool for detailing jersey wear and a smart idea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.