Zajac looks for old magic

Rock

Let Bobby take Zajac under his wing. Teach him how to use his frame and faceoff skills to improve his stats.

Good to hear Zajac worked on being better and improving this offseason for his 3rd season....He has the right attitude.

I agree.

And thats half the battle won, players who dont want it , just dont move on.

But this year he really will have to show some major improvements on last season , because that roster spot is going to come under more and more pressure over the next few years.

no he can't get better ans succeed so the ARMY of General Managers on this board can sit back and pat themselves on the back for wanting to trade this kid away before he turns 25 :P

eh, it's a win now team. zajac is definitely going to play 800 NHL games if he stays healthy, but last season he looked more like denis pederson than the poor man's joe nieuwendyk he's supposed to become.

that said, i think it was HOI who claimed zajac needed to get stronger, and I liked Gulitti's allusion to a summer spent in the gym. The Devils becoming Stanley Cup contenders, a lot will rely on Zajac stepping up from a glorified 4th line center to legit 20-25 goal man.

I think Zajac will have a good season once he gets some consistency. Let's face it, being thrown from line to line with various ice time per game, and new partners, is not an easy way to succeed in a season. Hopefully Holik gives him some faceoff pointers, and he drives his nose to the net and makes some nice plays for Parise and Langenbrunner to bring home some goals.

Let Bobby take Zajac under his wing. Teach him how to use his frame and faceoff skills to improve his stats.

I agree. Holik has been great using his size and strength to position himself well and Zajac needs help with doing just that.