Devils Vs. Bruins Analysis (long)

#1DevsFan

WHY BAAASTON WILL WIN:

1) MOTIVATION: the team just revolted against their coach Ftorek (sound familiar?), and now this club has something to prove.

2) POWER FORWARDS: Thornton, Murray, and crew will wear down Jerky's old, decrepid, dinosaur blueline (save Niedermeyer and Rafalski, but he's small).

3) "HOME ICE" ADVANTAGE: Jerky has the extra game, but the Fleet Center will be packed and rocking, the CAA will be half empty and silent.

4) LAST YEAR'S KNOCKOUT: As a #1 seed who got knocked out last year, almost never does that team lose the first round the next year. Look it up.

WHY JERKY WILL LOSE

1) MARY "EZ PASS" BLOWDEUR: She wins the Vezina hands down, but I blame Burns here for making the same mistake every Deb coach does.....playing Mary in like every meaningless regular season game until she's blue in the face and has nice tired legs come playoff time. Her 5-hole will be wider than her you-know-what after a Saturday night reaming by Stevens.

2) JERKY'S PP: Well, in a nutshell, it fvcking blows.

3) NO FINISHERS: No talent idiots like Gionta and Pandolfo who get tons of chances and about 40 shots a game produces one or two goals. Jerky's still a one-line team, control them and that's ballgame.

4) BURNS (AGAIN): After dissing Larry Robinson the other day in the paper, the team is divided.

BAAASTON IN SIX. TAKE IT TO THE BANK, LOSERS.

I shouldn't question this well thought out post, but honestly:

Of those #1 teams, how many of them lost their best right wing and starting goalie in the offseason?

Do you honestly think the team reads the newspaper?

The FleetCenter's been packed all year, so I guess it would be wrong of me to question whether it will be 'rocking'.

An outstanding exigesis of Brodeur's game, I must say. I remember all the Cup wins Shields and Hackett delivered, sadly they must remain behind us, present only as warm memories. But still, these two are playoff-tested warriors and have always come up huge when their teams even made the playoffs.