Most Important Player on our Offense

Devils Pride 26

Offense  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most vital forward for success this year?

• Zach Parise
    • Patrik Elias
    • Brian Gionta
    • Brian Rolston
    • Travis Zajac
    • Dainius Zubrus
    • Jamie Langenbrunner
    • John Madden
    • Jay Pandolfo
    • Other

Simple question. Obviously, Marty is our most important player but I want to see some opinions on who will step up at forward.

Personally, I think it is Travis Zajac. Last year he took a step back after a great rookie season. It seems like the first line will be a bona fide scoring line. Behind that, there's a few question marks. If Zajac can step up, he would take off a lot of pressure on our top line. My 2nd and 3rd choice's would be Gionta and Zubrus respectively. With Elias, Parise, Madden, Rolston, and Langenbrunner, you pretty much know what they should be good for.

So what do YOU think?

Edited by Devils Pride 26

I picked Parise as he is our offensive leader. That said, the Rolston and Zajac lines should work marvelously together. Top defensive pairs will either have to contend containing Elias or Parise... but they wont be able to stop both lines without being gassed in the 3rd. Having 2 legit scoring lines is key to the Devils success (providing our D continues to mature, and Brodeur remains vintage)

Mr.Elias like last year will have to be our best forward. Hes best when he could get close to the net and make a position to get the puck netted, and with Rolston taking more shots and Gionta moving around I think Elias will get the opportunity to excel more this season than he has the last couple of years.

I hate to do this to the new guy, but it's gotta be Rolston. He needs to score 30 goals and be solid even strength. He needs to be the PP point man we didn't have last year and he needs to give us a second PK forward unit with the threat to score shorties. This is what he was brought in for and why he got paid well with the NMC. If he doesn't deliver, then he doesn't take any pressure off our two most important forwards from last year, Elias and Parise. Without taking pressure off those guys, our offense might as well be the same as it was last season. And that would suck.

I was between Parise and Rolston, but I went with Parise only because he'll be the young player to bolster a lot of plays, and I feel he's a little more versatile than Rolston. Elias was close, but I feel that since he's moved back to wing, he might have a slightly reduced role.

Some interesting results. Pretty much what I expected to see with Elias, Parise, and Rolston was a bit surprising. Very surprised that there hasn't been 1 vote for Jamie, hopefully back for the whole year. It seems as is a lot of people are not expecting much from Gionta, or just have gave up on him.