only an unconfirmed rumor, but...

xxchaznjxx

no links yet, but a guy on another board i frequent has a friend who does PR for the nhl and he mentioned this to him. he also had the gonchar injury info 2 weeks before anyone else knew. when the devils played the rags on saturday, the announcers mentioned during the game that lundquist had two bad knees, or arthritic knees, or some sh!t. and he looked terrible during that game. maybe he had an injury he thought he could play through but can't.

there was also a blurb on hockeybuzz, but i put no faith in that at all:

4:10pm, From a source:

"Bulin news coming by week's end..."

First a little lessen on what I understand about the CBA, bear with me...

There are two waiver periods, one in the summer and one 'regular season.' In the summer waiver period, a player can't be sent down to the minors only to be brought back up at half the price. In the regular season period, you can do just that.

Now, the regular season waiver period begins 12 days before the start of said season. But 12 days before the start of the North American season, thus the games in Europe this weekend do not count in that scenario.

So count back 12 days and....yup, we are here and that is why Bulin's timing is what it is, as the regular season waiver period is underway. Khabi can now b sent down to the minors and brought back up at half the cost.

BUT, as I have been mentioning, there are swirling rumors that a deal is in place involving an Eastern Conference squad. Rumors include the Sens, Thrashers (odd to me, too)...and the NY Rangers. The latter could tell us something about a possible Ludqvist injury...involving a knee? Maybe involving surgery?

So every minute that goes by that Khabi is NOT sent down to the minors further implies there may a deal out there.

All this is sketchy right now but there you have it.

More later

I know its hockey buzz, but this doesnt make any sense...

Being sent down and being called back up at 50% salary, is only for cap hit. Khabibulin still gets full salary. The claiming is on the hook for half, the original team is on the hook for half. He isnt brought back up to Chicago at half the cost. And it wouldnt be a trade, it would just be a waiver claim...

As for Lundqvist... I'll believe it when I hear something more official...

not too sure what you are saying, but you need to be officially sent down to the minors before being subject to re-entry. Maybe more of a formality then anything else but in the CBA it states that if a player is placed on waivers but not sent down, he does not need to clear re-entry waivers to play on that NHL team.

I have mixed feelings. Obviously, with Lundqvist out, the Rangers would be absolutely fvcked. But on the other hand, they would have an excuse for not making the playoffs. If Lundqvist plays and they finish below 8th, it will be that much sweeter!

Let's wait for some official info.

Edited by Revan

I have mixed feelings. Obviously, with Lundqvist out, the Rangers would be absolutely fvcked. But on the other hand, they would have an excuse for not making the playoffs. If Lundqvist plays and they finish below 8th, it will be that much sweeter!

Let's wait for some official info.

I'd rather have them lose with excuses than win without excuses.

Obviously the best scenario is them losing with no excuses but Lundqvist and his marine vessels on his legs are pretty good.

I know its hockey buzz, but this doesnt make any sense...

Being sent down and being called back up at 50% salary, is only for cap hit. Khabibulin still gets full salary. The claiming is on the hook for half, the original team is on the hook for half. He isnt brought back up to Chicago at half the cost. And it wouldnt be a trade, it would just be a waiver claim...

As for Lundqvist... I'll believe it when I hear something more official...

They were talking about it on Saturday's telecast about how he needed to get cortizone shots in his knee in August so there may be more to it. Where there is smoke, theres fire.

They were talking about it on Saturday's telecast about how he needed to get cortizone shots in his knee in August so there may be more to it. Where there is smoke, theres fire.

There seems to be some disagreement about exactly how many cortisone shots he needed.

It has been reported that he needed multiple cortisone shots for his knees and that's what Chico mentioned during the broadcast. According to the Rangers Lundqvist needed exactly one cortisone shot back in August and everything has been fine since (and this is why Joe M was not pleased with Chico during the last NYR-NJD broadcast - whether Chico was wrong, or Chico was right - but JM thought he should shut up about it, I have no idea).

I have had problems with both my shoulders. Currently, the left one is bad enough that I am in physical therapy to try and get the range of motion back without resorting to surgery and when I see the orthopedist on 10/15 I will probably ask him for another cortisone shot because the last one has worn off. Lundqvist may not be a fovorite of mine, but I have some sympathy for almost anyone who is enough pain that they need the cortisone shot.

We really haven't heard much about it, but DiPietro is heading into this season coming off hip and knee problems. He's being re-evaluated to see if he'll play in the Isles' final two pre-season games.

We'll just have to see what is actually going on with Lundqvist's knees.

And Marty, well, Marty got a personal trainer and he isn't El Grande anymore.

We really haven't heard much about it, but DiPietro is heading into this season coming off hip and knee problems. He's being re-evaluated to see if he'll play in the Isles' final two pre-season games.

We'll just have to see what is actually going on with Lundqvist's knees.

And Marty, well, Marty got a personal trainer and he isn't El Grande anymore.

DP should have been shut down after the all-star break last season. I mean, the guy was injured on camera and microphone and still played through it until it was hopeless.

With Lundqvist, he's always going to have knee problems, if he made the trip, I assume he's fine.

i don't know if this matters, but the rags beat sc bern 8-1 today and valiquette was in goal for all 60 mins.

the rags have 1 preseason game left against Metallurg Magnitogorsk before they play tampa. it will be interesting to see who they have in goal.

i don't know if this matters, but the rags beat sc bern 8-1 today and valiquette was in goal for all 60 mins.

the rags have 1 preseason game left against Metallurg Magnitogorsk before they play tampa. it will be interesting to see who they have in goal.

Nah it doesn't matter, Bern looked horrendous. Their defense was crap and they didn't generate much offense. They gave up this one goal, it was a 5 on 3, but they had all 3 of guys down around the crease. The Rangers point men just kept coming closer and closer to the net until they ended up like halfway into the zone. Stuff like that would not happen against an NHL team.

I don't know if Queen Limpwrist being out is a good thing for us, I think Valiquette's pads are MUCH bigger than his. When I saw them on Saturday I thought they might as well have made him one enormous barn door sized pad with a hole cut out for his head.

His pads are huge too but I think Lundqvist's are still bigger. Regardless, Lundqvist is better than Valiquette so if he is hurt then it helps the Devils out.

I don't know if Queen Limpwrist being out is a good thing for us, I think Valiquette's pads are MUCH bigger than his. When I saw them on Saturday I thought they might as well have made him one enormous barn door sized pad with a hole cut out for his head.

Becoming a butterfly goalie is a two-step process:

Step 1: Fall down.

Step 2: Take up space.

Step 1 is why Lundqvist's knees are shot already. Step 2 is why every butterfly goalie in the league has ridiculous pads, Weekes included. Luongo and Giguere are the worst culprits, but Lundqvist is more fun to complain about because it irritates the hell out of Rangers fans.