Chris Drury Named (Ranger) Captain

Confusious

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that center Chris Drury has been named the 25th Captain in team history.

"Chris Drury is a natural leader who possesses all of the qualities and characteristics we desire from our Captain," Sather said. "He has always been known as a clutch performer and a winner. Chris leads by example with his tireless work ethic on and off the ice, and is extremely deserving of this honor."

Drury, 32, is entering his 10th season in the NHL and second with the Rangers. He was originally selected by the Quebec Nordiques as their third round choice, 72nd overall, in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.

In 1998-99, he won the Calder Trophy as the league

Edited by Confusious

Who Cares!

:rolleyes:

To be great, you've got to know your enemy...

I'm gonna second the "Who Cares?" comment. Sometimes I think this board cares more about the Rangers than they do the Devils...

Yeah, one post about hockey news, and all of a sudden people care more about the Rangers than Devils.

Such a ridiculous alligation.

So much for the double-captain idea. Sorry Gomer! :lol:

I wonder how that would've worked.. Switch off on the the 'C' in different games..? (ie: Drury wears it one game, Gomez the next)

Too funky for me.. I rather have 1 captain, switching around the 'A''s wouldn't be a big deal though, thats what the Devs did last year

Edited by nmigliore

Whoop de doo! Like really who cares! Why are we even discussing the Rangers here on a Devils site? Could really care less. need to stick with the Devils here and not worry what that other team is doing across the Hudson.

Hell

The name says it all, this is an open forum for anything affecting the hockey world. Enter at your own risk!

a team naming a captain regardless of team.... that qualifies as news affecting the hockey world

me thinks y'all doth protest too much :P

I'm trolling the troll? So what does that make me? I'm listening...

How was I trolling in the first place? I went in purposely to write that, the topic was very clear and I had a point to make. As a Devils fan, that definately doesn't make me a troll. It was a simple and direct statement. Maybe I should spell it our better for those who can't understand a simple statement, who cares if Drury is captain of the rangers? Better?

Yeah, one post about hockey news, and all of a sudden people care more about the Rangers than Devils.

Such a ridiculous allegation.

Exactly right. ... So big freakin' deal, there were a couple of posts about our archrival naming their captain. It's not like anyone is constantly posting daily recaps of the previous night's Rangers game.

Sometimes it's good to know what's going on in the league -- and especially in our division. A little hockey news on the Hell part of the forums won't kill anybody.

Anyway, 98 percent of the rest of the threads here will still be about the Devils anyway.