Hello from Ireland

jimmysqueeker

Hi there to all you lot!

I'm a guy from Belfast, Northern Ireland who is an avid Belfast Giants fan but I have been following the New Jersey Devils for a while now also. Only recently come across this forum and thought I'd say hello. It seems impressive and I hope to linger about for a while, if I'm allowed.

Be gentle,

Squeek ;)

Welcome aboard! My mom's side of my family is from Cork, I plan on going there someday.

I've been trying to get my hands on a Team Ireland hockey jersey, but the only place I know of that sells them is the IIHA website, so I'm waiting for the exchange rate to change so it will be cheaper. :P

Edited by devilsfan26

ERIN GO BRAGH!!

Welcome Squeeker! And THANK YOU for my favorite holiday!!

Blackhawks @ Devils on St Patty's this season. awesome awesome. Can't wait!

post-909-1223176436.jpg

Thanks guys for the warm welcome :D

Devilsfan26, I can have a look for you when I am in The Dundalk Icedome where they may sell them in their shop or order them in. I help out with a recreational team there from time to time on the bench or taking photos and could ask prices, I'd guess at the exchange rate it'd be about $70-$80. ;)

Thanks guys for the warm welcome :D

Devilsfan26, I can have a look for you when I am in The Dundalk Icedome where they may sell them in their shop or order them in. I help out with a recreational team there from time to time on the bench or taking photos and could ask prices, I'd guess at the exchange rate it'd be about $70-$80. ;)

Cool, thanks. From the IIHA website, it ends up being around $100 with the exchange rate.

Welcome to the boards! What prompted you to start following the Devils?

If I was honest, I hadn't heard much about ice hockey until about 10 years ago when there was talk of my home city having a team. If was a big deal back then for various reason in our little country. Once the season started I quickly fell in love with the game and it was only a matter of time before I started watching some games from the NHL. One of the first game I saw involved a Mr Brodeur, he was pretty awesome to be fair, and I went on from there learning what I could of the team.

That's a rad story. I was actually worried that my ex-girlfriend who cheated on me with a dude in Ireland and then broke up with me afterwards got you into the Devils. Thankfully that's not the case!

Edited by Cowutopia