Sweden 0:0 Portugal

Ukraine 0:0 Croatia

Hungary 2:0 (0:0) Albania

Switzerland 2:1 (0:0) Latvia

Wales 2:0 (1:0) Liechtenstein

England 5:1 (0:0) Kazakhstan

Finland 1:0 (0:0) Azerbaijan

Faroe Islands 1:1 (0:0) Austria

Germany holds on to a 2-1 win over Russia after a strong first half and a weak second half. Russia would have deserved a point after their strong second half performance.

Poland is off to a strong start after a big win over the Czech Republic

How long does this whole qualifying thing last anyway???

and I guess there is a set of qualifiers for each continent??

(I've been paying attention to the South American one for obvious reasons :P)

How long does this whole qualifying thing last anyway???

and I guess there is a set of qualifiers for each continent??

(I've been paying attention to the South American one for obvious reasons :P )

Yeah, 2-3 years - they have to be that drawn out because players also play for club teams and don't play in the winter, plus there's major travel involved.

And each continent's qualifiers are different - South America's the simplest one iirc - just one group of ten nations each playing each other twice, the top four make it and the fifth goes into a playoff with the Oceania (usually Australia) winner.

Link

Edited by Hasan4978

Eesh so many Italian soccer haters on this board, huh?

Because all the guidos/bennys couldn't point to Italy on a map let alone speak Italian. Not directed at you lol I think you are cool, you're a good guy, but "capiche" does not cut it.

Wanabee NY/NJ mobsters, what a bunch of fvcking f*gs :rolleyes:

And if someone is SO PROUD of being Italian ( when you were not born there, I don't give a fvck if your seventh grandma was born there, you fvcking ain't an Italian) why don't you fvck off and go there !

Don't get me started. If I was chief of police in the NY/NJ area, the effeminate "mafia" would relocate to a more fitting land.

Real men stand alone, f*gs join a gang like the mafia.

I hate the Italians because they are a bunch of arrogant cry babies who dive all over the place.

Easy there SH. :P That can be said for many others too like France, Portugal, Spain, Germany and I am sure I am missing many others that do it. It is just not Italy, it is every team that does it. :doh1: I know its easy to hate on a good team like Italy and I do hope to God they REPEAT as CHAMPIONS in 2010!!!

FORZA ITALIA!!! B )

Easy there SH. :P That can be said for many others too like France, Portugal, Spain, Germany and I am sure I am missing many others that do it. It is just not Italy, it is every team that does it. :doh1: I know its easy to hate on a good team like Italy and I do hope to God they REPEAT as CHAMPIONS in 2010!!!

FORZA ITALIA!!! B )

Well I also hate Italians in general. I won't deny it. I can't stand them.

FORZA ITALIA!!! B )

Brazil-Argentina.

Incorrect on Germany, they are not divers. I agree with you in as much as a lot of teams do it, but not all teams dive.

Brazil-Argentina.

Incorrect on Germany, they are not divers. I agree with you in as much as a lot of teams do it, but not all teams dive.

OMG, how can I forget Brazil! :P Yeah Argentina too. Thanks for the reminders NZT. I have seen Germany dive many times too. They all do it NZT. For some reason it is part of the game now as well as acting to be hurt too.

FORZA ITALIA!!! B )

With every post you make "satansdevils", its so easy to figure out who you really are..... ;)

and please do not say that the Rays will win the world series, because like your other "predictions" you were wrong..

"once the mets regain first place they will never lose it" ....... when you said that they never so first place again.

"dont worry torre and Manny and the dodgers will win the NLCS"....... good one there!

wow -- if you said the same about african-americans you'd have Rev Al and the gang up your ass . good thing it's only Italians you hate...

but that's another topic for another thread..

Has - South American team will play Central American teams this time for the coveted 5th spot to the Cup. And if you think the games are easier in South America - consider that most of the players do their bidding in Europe so the travel - preparation for a Saturday game begin on Mon --less then a week to mold a team/strategy against the opponents that may play 13.000 ft above sea level . I say sh!t the games are harder...

If you want to talk cakewalk then you have to discuss Concacaf where the US and Mexico play powerhouses the like of St Kitts, Antigua and Bermuda,

:lol: what a tool ^. If you said such a thing about a black you'll have Al Sharpton up your ass and all of those other black superior fools who take every comment or whatnot out of context.

Im interested to hear your race

Edited by nmigliore

Has - South American team will play Central American teams this time for the coveted 5th spot to the Cup. And if you think the games are easier in South America - consider that most of the players do their bidding in Europe so the travel - preparation for a Saturday game begin on Mon --less then a week to mold a team/strategy against the opponents that may play 13.000 ft above sea level . I say sh!t the games are harder...

If you want to talk cakewalk then you have to discuss Concacaf where the US and Mexico play powerhouses the like of St Kitts, Antigua and Bermuda,

Maybe I didn't write that very well but I meant easier = least complicated qualifying procedure to explain. CONCACAF there's like four or five tiers but most only pay attention when it gets to the last group of six.

Edited by Hasan4978

FORZA ITALIA!!! B )

No. USA