OOT Scoreboard - Sun. 10/19.

SatansDevils

Sunday, Oct 19, 2008

After a very busy Saturday night in the NHL where there were 13-games and 26 teams scheduled to play, tonight there are only 2-games and 4 teams playing tonight. A slow night in the NHL.

There are only 2-games on tap tonight.

One of the games is a EC vs. WC game. WC leads the EC 11-9 this season head to head.

Carolina is @ Anaheim. Carolina is coming off a bad loss on Friday night vs. LA in OT 4-3 and Anaheim is coming off their first win of the season and a shutout over San Jose who lost for the first time this season on Friday night, but rebounded last night @ home beating still winless Philadelphia 5-4 in overtime.

The other game is Vancouver @ Chicago where Chicago has fired their head coach 4-games into the season and this will be Joel Quennville coaching his 2nd game tonight at home for Chicago. Chicago lost a bad game last night where they had 2 leads and lost it in a SO to St. Louis. Vancouver is coming off a bad loss to Buffalo 5-2 in Buffalo on Friday night.

Vancouver at Chicago - CSNC - 7:00 PM

Carolina at Anaheim - 8:00 PM

EC vs. WC tracker.

WC leads the EC 11-9 this season so far.

Lets Go Chicago and Anaheim. :evil:

~SD~

Edited by SatansDevils

I'm just curious to see where all this love for Anaheim comes from?

Is it an East vs. West standings thing...or a Scotty thing?

' Cause I'm still bitter about the Conn Smithe....

For me, its a can't stand Canes thing.

Ducks look bad in the 1st period. Lots of giveaways.

Chicago wins 4-2 at home and gives coach Quenville his first win as Chicago coach (1-0-1) after losing a tough game last night in St. Louis in the shootout.

Chicago goals by Sharp, Seabrook and Kane. Vancouver goals by Demitra and Henrik Sedin.

Vancouver 2 Chicago 4 F

Carolina 2 Anaheim 1 END 2nd

Carolina goals by Brind'Amour and Bayda. Anaheim goal by Beauchemin.

Carolina Eric Staal scores the ENG to seal the game, as Carolina wins a big game on the road out west vs. Anaheim. Another bad loss for Anaheim at home and they fall to 1-5 on the season. Carolina is 3-1-1 on their season. Carolina Rod Brind'Amour with the GWG.

Leighton was in goal for Carolina tonight and Giguere in for Anaheim. Looks like the smaller goalie pads are having an effect on Giguere early in this season. :P

Both games are final tonight.

Vancouver 2 Chicago 4 F

Carolina 3 Anaheim 1 F

With Carolina beating Anaheim tonight 3-1, the WC is up by 1-game in the head to head tracker 11-10.

EC vs. WC tracker.

WC is up 11-10 over the EC so far this season.

Edited by SatansDevils

Had no choice. The NHL changed the size of the goalie pads this season. Luongo seems to be struggling too this season with smaller pads.

They changed the pads this year? I didnt even realize that... i thought they were holding it off another year.. how come the queen hasn't shrunk them then?

I'm just curious to see where all this love for Anaheim comes from?

Is it an East vs. West standings thing...or a Scotty thing?

' Cause I'm still bitter about the Conn Smithe....

Eh, it's mostly SD, he slurped the Ducks to no end during the playoffs last year but most of us can't stand them and there are a number of reasons not to like Anaheim.

I have nothing against Nieds (other than the whole play half a season nonsense last year), but I can't love the fact that they suck enough, mainly because Brian Burke's a douchebag that lucked into a Cup winner.

Thankfully his cap mismanagement (trading McDonald for garbage last year, having to dump two starting defensemen in the offseason and still not having enough cap room to call up Bobby Ryan this year) is coming back to bite him and send that team crashing down to earth like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man came crashing down in Ghostbusters. Come to think of it, Giggy's come crashing down in the Anaheim net with much the same impact this season :whistling:

Edited by Hasan4978

Eh, it's mostly SD, he slurped the Ducks to no end during the playoffs last year but most of us can't stand them and there are a number of reasons not to like Anaheim.

I have nothing against Nieds (other than the whole play half a season nonsense last year), but I can't love the fact that they suck enough, mainly because Brian Burke's a douchebag that lucked into a Cup winner.

Thankfully his cap mismanagement (trading McDonald for garbage last year, having to dump two starting defensemen in the offseason and still not having enough cap room to call up Bobby Ryan this year) is coming back to bite him and send that team crashing down to earth like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man came crashing down in Ghostbusters. Come to think of it, Giggy's come crashing down in the Anaheim net with much the same impact this season :whistling:

Eh, not mostly SD Has. Do not like Anaheim either which you are correct that many of us do not like them, but took them over Detroit last year because I do not like Detroit. Still think the 2003 Conn Smythe was Brodeur's, but was screwed over to Giguere. Also agree Burke is a douchebag.

Edited by SatansDevils