Poehler's Palin rap on SNL

Jerrydevil

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Sarah Palin's politics, but I love that she obviously has a good sense a humor and was a part of a skit that hit it out of the park.

I suppose you could say she was a "good sport", but really she didn't *do* anything. If she had gotten up and done the rap that would have been one thing. But she just sat there.

The opening thing was priceless. Alec Baldwin wouldn't look her in the eye and Tina Fey shot her the evil eye as she ran off stage as fast as she could. The whole thing was very awkward.

Contrast that to when Hillary went on and did the open with Poehler.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/01/clinton.snl/

SNL hit gold with Tina Fey as Sarah Palin and while the bits have been funny I can't help but think they could have leveraged it better and done more.

As funny as it was (and I probably watch SNL more regularly than most here), SNL shouldn't be booking candidates during campaign season. I wasn't impressed with Obama's appearance last Halloween, I didn't think Hillary's various appearances were good ideas, and I don't think it was a good idea to have Palin show up last night.

I will say though, she was an awfully good sport during the opening when Baldwin was trashing her to her face while he thought she was Tina.

I will say though, she was an awfully good sport during the opening when Baldwin was trashing her to her face while he thought she was Tina.

That's because she is a good person.

I DVR'ed is and haven't seen it...............but from what you write, do you think that Barry H. or Shrillary would have partaken in a skit bashing them...........all in good fun?

How do you know how good of a person I am? You don't so you can't judge it.

Angry person? Coming form the person who attacks every post not conservative.

I don't attack every non-conservative post here, lets not get melodramatic.

Because there has been nothing coming from her except the needed political campaigning she is doing, challenging her opponents, etc.

She is a good American women who has ben vilified because she is not a liberal woman.

You attack her every post. WHen I go after Barry H., it's not personal, like you make it.

You seem to need anger management, that's all.

That's because she is a good person.

I DVR'ed is and haven't seen it...............but from what you write, do you think that Barry H. or Shrillary would have partaken in a skit bashing them...........all in good fun?

I haven't seen it in a while but I think Obama was mocking himself in his appearance.

I saw no mocking :noclue:

You don't feel like he was mocking himself with elitism and the whole self absorbed thing by dressing as himself? And even if you don't i think this at least goes to show Obama would be open too poking fun at himself in jest. As another example he did it at the Al Smith dinner no?

You don't feel like he was mocking himself with elitism and the whole self absorbed thing by dressing as himself? And even if you don't i think this at least goes to show Obama would be open too poking fun at himself in jest. As another example he did it at the Al Smith dinner no?

No not really, but we all tend to view things in our own way.

You seem like a very angry person. You should get some help.

You seem to need anger management, that's all.

:rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.