Poehler's Palin rap on SNL

Jerrydevil

I grew up watching SNL and begged my father to let my brother an I stay up to watch Mr. Bill. Those days are over as the sketches don't mean sh!t anymore as it's all about the "news".

F that as the news segment was a time in the early 70's and 80's to snort some coke with Lorne and get back to the show for Belushi and Chevy . Now it is a liberal news outlet? :blink:

Give me the super hero's and Belushi walking out of the bathroom waving his hand behind his ass saying you don't want to go in there as that is SNL!

What a f^kin joke society we live in. Game over.

Edited by LOULAM1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up watching SNL and begged my father to let my brother an I stay up to watch Mr. Bill. Those days are over as the sketches don't mean sh!t anymore as it's all about the "news".

F that as the news segment was a time in the early 70's and 80's to snort some coke with Lorne and get back to the show for Belushi and Chevy . Now it is a liberal news outlet? :blink:

Give me the super hero's and Belushi walking out of the bathroom waving his hand behind his ass saying you don't want to go in there as that is SNL!

What a f^kin joke society we live in. Game over.

You like poo jokes more than political satire? OK, whatever floats your boat. Everyone has their own comedy tastes.

Your rant reminds me of the "Grumpy Old Man" skit from the early 1990s (Dana Carvey). "That's the way it was and we LIKED it!"

I wasn't a Palin fan - but last night my HYPER-DEMOCRAT father of my brother-in-law (my sister's husband's dad) told me about his good friend in Alaska who says she's AMAZING and very non-partisan - great at crossing party lines and seemed an ideal fit with the Maverick thing -- he was massively upset with the Republican handlers - they say they just neutered her... :unsure: spayed her??? That she is not this neo-conservative she's been painted out to be.

I'm nervous about my vote just because I know McCain to be bi-partisan. I don't know Obama. Well.. he's a democrat - plain and simple. But McCain has let the Republican party run his campaign -- and I don't like what they've said. The whole picture isn't as positive to me as the whole Obama picture. and lets face it -- my vote counts for squat in Jerz anyhow!! I'm still tempted to vote for Ralph a third time!

I like the 1970s ones, too, but I thought the greatest years were late 1980s to early 1990s. Lovitz!

WHAAAAT???? AHHHHHH!!!! :argh:

wait a sec... are you Joe Piscapo?

70's through Bill Murray. The "new" bunch --- I couldnt watch them (sorry Joe). Not even Eddy Murphy. I was finally old enough to watch regularly and I couldn't stomach it.

Then I liked the new new batch I thought Farley could be funny. Loved Dana Carvey's Bush senior. He made him adorable! I liked Phil Hartman -- but when I watched I would mostly think how unfunny they were. I hated Billy Crystal on there -- what was up with that. and John Lovits -- so UNFUNNY to me -- I dont know why - I just do NOT find him funny... then I didn't like the tall dude... elf... whatshisface... man I had to IMDB News Radio to remember Phil Hartman's name.. now this guy... box office gold... what the heck is his name,...(hated adam andler on the show - I hated it when I laughed at Opera man -- but I like him in movies) tall guy tall guy tall guy -- very funny actually as God in Superstar... hated Molly shannan.... and Elaine whan she was in SNL... tall guy tall guy... dammitall.... not Vince Vaughn -- no he's... DAMMIT I DO NOT want to have to look this up....Cheri oteri... Chris katan HATE HIM! and the tall guy who sis skits with them and is beyond famous now... YES! Will Farrell! (Yeah I thought Colin first so what of it?)

what were we talking about again?

WHAAAAT???? AHHHHHH!!!! :argh:

wait a sec... are you Joe Piscapo?

70's through Bill Murray. The "new" bunch --- I couldnt watch them (sorry Joe). Not even Eddy Murphy. I was finally old enough to watch regularly and I couldn't stomach it.

Then I liked the new new batch I thought Farley could be funny. Loved Dana Carvey's Bush senior. He made him adorable! I liked Phil Hartman -- but when I watched I would mostly think how unfunny they were. I hated Billy Crystal on there -- what was up with that. and John Lovits -- so UNFUNNY to me -- I dont know why - I just do NOT find him funny... then I didn't like the tall dude... elf... whatshisface... man I had to IMDB News Radio to remember Phil Hartman's name.. now this guy... box office gold... what the heck is his name,...(hated adam andler on the show - I hated it when I laughed at Opera man -- but I like him in movies) tall guy tall guy tall guy -- very funny actually as God in Superstar... hated Molly shannan.... and Elaine whan she was in SNL... tall guy tall guy... dammitall.... not Vince Vaughn -- no he's... DAMMIT I DO NOT want to have to look this up....Cheri oteri... Chris katan HATE HIM! and the tall guy who sis skits with them and is beyond famous now... YES! Will Farrell! (Yeah I thought Colin first so what of it?)

what were we talking about again?

I did like some of Joe Piscopo's skits (Frank Sinatra and Stevie Wonder ... you are black and I am white, you are blind as a bat and I have sight!) But I was talking about the late 1980s and early 1990s, and I see you have no use for Phil Hartman and Jon Lovitz, so i will have to put you on ignore (just kidding).

As for Carvey, the only political figure he did better than his Poppa Bush was his Ross Perot. Awesome!

I wasn't a Palin fan - but last night my HYPER-DEMOCRAT father of my brother-in-law (my sister's husband's dad) told me about his good friend in Alaska who says she's AMAZING and very non-partisan - great at crossing party lines and seemed an ideal fit with the Maverick thing -- he was massively upset with the Republican handlers - they say they just neutered her... :unsure: spayed her??? That she is not this neo-conservative she's been painted out to be.

I'm nervous about my vote just because I know McCain to be bi-partisan. I don't know Obama. Well.. he's a democrat - plain and simple. But McCain has let the Republican party run his campaign -- and I don't like what they've said. The whole picture isn't as positive to me as the whole Obama picture. and lets face it -- my vote counts for squat in Jerz anyhow!! I'm still tempted to vote for Ralph a third time!

I'll give you $5 to pull the McCain lever if I thought your vote would matter I'd give you more, but you live in Jerked over Jerzzy

I did like some of Joe Piscopo's skits (Frank Sinatra and Stevie Wonder ... you are black and I am white, you are blind as a bat and I have sight!) But I was talking about the late 1980s and early 1990s, and I see you have no use for Phil Hartman and Jon Lovitz, so i will have to put you on ignore (just kidding).

As for Carvey, the only political figure he did better than his Poppa Bush was his Ross Perot. Awesome!

Best Sinatra sketch . . I loved that Sinatra/Wonder skit, but this one was the best, in my opinion.

i LOVED Phil Hartman.. it's just i was watching the Soylent green skit thinking how dumb it was with my mom... tot his day BOTH of us blurt out Soylent green is Peep-pull a la Phil hartman... those days you site -- full of really stupid stuff that just sticks in your head like so much volleyball! so you love it after the first year you've been constantly repeating it thinking it's annoying.

Edited by Pepperkorn

The opening thing was priceless. Alec Baldwin wouldn't look her in the eye and Tina Fey shot her the evil eye as she ran off stage as fast as she could. The whole thing was very awkward.

tbf, he wasn't looking her in the eye because he was clearly reading cue cards lol

Why are there so many republicans here?

Here's why :-

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

God bless the USA :clap:

Here's why :-

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

God bless the USA :clap:

you................you.............you...........flag waver you. Don't you know the greatest patriotism is dissent and criticizing you gov't, illogical as it may be?

Winston even rings true today. He was awesome.

I am sick and fvcking tired of a$$holes like NZT and Sarah Palin who think that the only "real" Americans are Republicans. If anyone saw the Daily Show last night, Jon Stewart was pretty pissed about it too.

:cryriver:

Oh boy, John Stewart was pissed. Maybe we should all become liberal zealots and all will be okay.

:cryriver:

Oh boy, John Stewart was pissed. Maybe we should all become liberal zealots and all will be okay.

Why can't liberals and conservatives both love their country, both support their troops, both wants what best for this country and simply disagree on how to get there rather then challenge each others love of country?

Why can't liberals and conservatives both love their country, both support their troops, both wants what best for this country and simply disagree on how to get there rather then challenge each others love of country?

I agree... I said it before, everyone gets so fucused on red v. blue that when your side loses you won't help the other side even if its best for the country. It's sad. You'd think the entire country working with the oval office and congress could restore the luster on this country but it is easier to focus on our differences and be dirisive.

I agree... I said it before, everyone gets so fucused on red v. blue that when your side loses you won't help the other side even if its best for the country. It's sad. You'd think the entire country working with the oval office and congress could restore the luster on this country but it is easier to focus on our differences and be dirisive.

ain't it the truth

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.